Jerry: Garrett is safe

TheDoctor

Reaction score
I love this team
MV5BNWFjNDhmYTEtOWQ3Yy00NGViLWE3Y2EtODhjNDc5ZDQ2MmUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIzOTk5ODM@._V1_.jpg

tenor.gif

Brax

Reaction score
This is embarrassing

I guess Jerry doesn't realize the difference in times from 1960 to now, led a expansion team with rejects the first year to the NFL title game in 6 years, that's impressive, Jerry should have his mouth washed out for speaking Landry's name and insinuating JG is 1/10 the coach, dig up Tom he would coach better that JG. , Jerry had no credibility before he did nothing to improve it. Cleats lost the game, Jerry you are a narcissistic, pathetic little man. Any fan who believes Jerry is truly deluding them self.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
Echo chamber is in full force early this offseason. How can so many people be so out of touch with what’s really going on and be so sure it’s reality that’s out of touch instead? I don’t get it.

But the scope and volume of the whining after this season is ridiculous.

We had a good year and got beat by a better team with a roster that was pretty much universally considered the best in the NFC after the Suh signing. We did better this year than literally every person complaining in this thread expected and lost to a team literally every person complaining in this thread tought has a better roster than we did going in, and what do you get? “Fire the coach!” And “the owner is drunk and insane!”

You guys can’t keep from embarrassing yourselves.
You sir are correct!
To think all these so called fans embarrassing themselves and so out of touch with reality.

It's a good thing our sane and sober owner is here to let us know the only whining allowed is about the team losing because they used the wrong cleats!

Kudos to you Idgit for your uncanny knack of having such an enormous wealth of knowledge when all the rest of us only have a lack there of...
:thumbup:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Jerry doesn't believe the cleats thing...I can promise you this. He is deflecting bigtime.
I'm listening to it now. He sounds happy as can be in this interview.

Not only did he mean the cleats -- he watched the tape with both scouts and coaches, he tells us -- he said it didn't matter if our defense was tipping our stunts because back in the 90s coaches knew what was coming and couldn't stop it. Yes, he really says this.

Then when asked about how he feels about this year overall, he's giving himself props for all the coaching changes they made last offseason. Very proud of himself for getting that part so right.

You can't make this stuff up. Why anyone gives a dime to this snake oil salesman is beyond me.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
23 years, actually. The issue has been around before Garrett. Garrett’s gotten closer than anybody else Jerry has hired.

But that wasn’t really my point. Did you guys really expect a Super Bowl appearance from this team going in? If you did, you were unreasonable to start with. If you didn’t, there’s no reason to be so upset right now. It was a good year for a good team. Why is that difficult to accept?

Expectations are irrelevant. The Eagles didn't expect to go to or win the Superbowl a year ago.

Teams go from nothing to Superbowl status all the time. The fan base and media's expectations mean nothing.

It's hard to accept because since 2014 Garrett gets it handed to him every year in the divisional round and this idea that he's going to have the perfect team someday and win with his system is just foolish.

Garrett can lay a foundation but after the foundation is put down he cant build the house. We're just stuck on the foundation.

He's had every type of team imaginable and he doesn't get the job done.

catiii

Reaction score

If there’s any question about Jason Garrett’s future with Cowboys, Jerry Jones ended that, while speaking on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday. “If Jason Garrett was on the market two weeks ago, he would’ve had five offers for head coach," Jones said. "I know that. And so you’ve got to look at what your alternative is.”

Jerry Jones: "We like our guy." :facepalm:

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Count em. 5 offers.

No coach has gotten 5 offers this offseason. So Jason Garrett would have been the most coveted coach in the league if he was available.

Bathe in it. Tom Landry II.

Oh, and we had the wrong cleats on Saturday. With the right shoes we're probably winning a Championship this year.

Coach can’t even make sure his team is wearing the right cleats.

He’s a hot commodity I tells ya!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You sir are correct!
To think all these so called fans embarrassing themselves and so out of touch with reality.

It's a good thing our sane and sober owner is here to let us know the only whining allowed is about the team losing because they used the wrong cleats!

Kudos to you Idgit for your uncanny knack of having such an enormous wealth of knowledge when all the rest of us only have a lack there of...
:thumbup:

You’re welcome? It isn’t knowledge. It’s just perspective.

But you guys make me cringe.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm listening to it now. He sounds happy as can be in this interview.

Not only did he mean the cleats -- he watched the tape with both scouts and coaches, he tells us -- he said it didn't matter if our defense was tipping our stunts because back in the 90s coaches knew what was coming and couldn't stop it. Yes, he really says this.

Then when asked about how he feels about this year overall, he's giving himself props for all the coaching changes they made last offseason. Very proud of himself for getting that part so right.

You can't make this stuff up. Why anyone gives a dime to this snake oil salesman is beyond me.
Yep

2018 is considered a successful season. I’m not sure why fans don’t get this?