Jerry: Garrett is safe

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I do get it. I've been saying forever that staying relevant to the end of the year and the P/L statement are all that really matter to Jerry.

The problem with your thinking is you think we should accept Jerry's piss poor low bar. We shouldn't.

Could like 50 times

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm listening to it now. He sounds happy as can be in this interview.

Not only did he mean the cleats -- he watched the tape with both scouts and coaches, he tells us -- he said it didn't matter if our defense was tipping our stunts because back in the 90s coaches knew what was coming and couldn't stop it. Yes, he really says this.

Then when asked about how he feels about this year overall, he's giving himself props for all the coaching changes they made last offseason. Very proud of himself for getting that part so right.

You can't make this stuff up. Why anyone gives a dime to this snake oil salesman is beyond me.

The more he talks, the more I think he's an idiot when it comes to football. How in the world can you argue in today's game that it doesn't matter if you are tipping plays with formations, etc?

Great coaching changes too this offseason. After a few weeks, they fired the OL coach. They are now talking about maybe making more coaching changes.

He's an arrogant fool. It's just that simple.

Dodger12

Reaction score
OMG...did Jerry just sully Landry by COMPARING red to him? MAN..guys Johnny Walker Blue must be consumed responsibly.

Jerry's only repeating what he knows the fans will buy. This isn't a new concept. Folks have been saying it here on CZ for years so Jerry keeps selling the a theory to the masses that they want to believe. It's sickening.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s actually quite close. And, yeah, that’s pretty much my argument. This is about as wrangler as Jerry Jones is going to get. We’re close. We need to continue to improve the roster as we ave been doing and stay in position just like the Saints and Chiefs have done.

Losing in the divisional round is close? Not in my book. My main issue is that I remember when we used to be good and smartly coached.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Losing in the divisional round is close? Not in my book. My main issue is that I remember when we used to be good and smartly coached.
But those days are long gone.

How many years will it take for all fans to realize this isn’t the franchise we grew up with?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But those days are long gone.

How many years will it take for all fans to realize this isn’t the franchise we grew up with?

It is the same franchise being run temporarily by a moron. The Cowboys were the Cowboys before Jerry arrived and will be long after he's gone.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know. But thats not an endorsement of Garret. Its more a resignation to the reality of the situation.
Of course!!

But it’s about the realization of our expectation level. And why in this era 2018 season is considered a good year.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

If there’s any question about Jason Garrett’s future with Cowboys, Jerry Jones ended that, while speaking on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday. “If Jason Garrett was on the market two weeks ago, he would’ve had five offers for head coach," Jones said. "I know that. And so you’ve got to look at what your alternative is.”

Are there that many peewee teams in need of a head coach?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is the same franchise being run temporarily by a moron. The Cowboys were the Cowboys before Jerry arrived and will be long after he's gone.
You still don’t get it or don’t want to get it.

The Cowboys are an Iconic label that had a history of winning championships. That’s not necessarily who we are. That’s what you indentify them to be.

Rayman70

Reaction score
IF I DIDNT DESPISE GOODELL,I would almost agree with the guy the way he opposes Jerry. I can kinda see why.Jerry cant help but stick his foot in his mouth without fail.

Dodger12

Reaction score
But that wasn’t really my point. Did you guys really expect a Super Bowl appearance from this team going in? If you did, you were unreasonable to start with. If you didn’t, there’s no reason to be so upset right now. It was a good year for a good team. Why is that difficult to accept?

It's difficult to accept because the changes to areas where we are most deficient (ie: coaching) won't happen. There is no light at the end of this tunnel. It's wash, rinse and repeat. Groundhog day year after year.....;.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You’re talking 1993 then?

Yeah, I think this team is close. In fact, if we’d made that 4th and 1 I think there’s a decent chance we tie that game and maybe pull out a game we would have had to have stolen. Because the Rams have a better team than we do. So do the Saints, probably. But it’s pretty close.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's difficult to accept because the changes to areas where we are most deficient (ie: coaching) won't happen. There is no light at the end of this tunnel. It's wash, rinse and repeat. Groundhog day year after year.....;.
It’s like with any situation where you’re presented with handicaps and hindrances. You lower the expectations.

I’m amazed we can even field a competitive team with our dysfunctional organization. But we have enough talent to carry us to some wins.

blueblood70

Reaction score

If there’s any question about Jason Garrett’s future with Cowboys, Jerry Jones ended that, while speaking on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday. “If Jason Garrett was on the market two weeks ago, he would’ve had five offers for head coach," Jones said. "I know that. And so you’ve got to look at what your alternative is.”

well Jerry I dont agree but to satisfy your thought process, let Garett be Free agent but you can match any offers he gets, lets see where this goes..why bid against yourself? let JG entertain offers from other teams oh wait we cant because there are no jobs open at the moment but if there were, im not sure he gets more then 1 offer..
It would be a interesting experiment and if there were teams interested maybe it would shut the fans up once and for all..

Id like to see him go but JG may not have what it takes to get us to the SB and as bad as we think Jerry is as GM, its odd we are in the top 5-6 teams in regular season wins the last 10years, we arent losers, we arent mediocre as a lot of you CLAIM, you cant be Mediocre and win 3-5 divisions be in the playoff's now 2 of the last 3 years and win playoff game and have shot at winning the last one..its odd fans look at 20 yrs, 10yrs but fail to see that on whole the Team and organizational moves since 2016 have put us in the upward not downward postion.. this is what Jerry sees and hes not wrong.

what hes not seeing is no matter what sometimes you need to make change that can get you to the next level regardless of being in good positions, see Marty Schotenheimer got canned after a 14-2 season and one and done and the owner said we need more playoff wins, they let him go..so in this example Jerry needs to let JG walk BUT flip side,

didnt work did it? they trade Brees, take Rivers keep changing coaches some Gms and have they got further then they were with Marty? are they? Did making change soften in NYG help them of late, how many coaches are they on now since letting go of Tom Coughlin?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry has turned the Cowboys into a cash cow feeding his ego etc...I liken it to what the WWE did with Hogan. Merchandizing the HECK out of the product but never allowing said product a fair shake at winning as time went on. The word JADED comes to mind...and Satisfied. It feels like a PT Barnum scripted ordeal on and off the field. Like the Truman show.