Jerry: "If we got em talking about us then we're doing our job"

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Chargers with Harbaugh will reach further than Dallas will in the next 5 years.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hearing your GM say gladly say he is “doing his job” attracting publicity and media attention after one of the worst playoff losses in franchise history is just absolutely insane.

I think we’re really underselling how off the rails this.

Jerry Jones just admitted his #1 priority as GM is not winning games.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
:facepalm: Jerry just doesn't get it
He does get it. As an owner, which takes priority over his GM duties, the Dallas Cowboys brings in a ton of profit. Always have the best ratings. Huge following. Maybe the most polarizing team in all of sports around the world. This is all he cares about. Winning is secondary. They don't need to win to have them talked about like they are.

People need to realize this at this point. Cowboys are operating just as he likes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very well could be, I certainly wouldn't be surprised at all to see a Dak extension. That said though you do have a realistic situation where Dak could be released/traded and you have a young QB Jerry just invested in a few months ago so the anti Dak crowd is going to be out in full force.
I am waiting for the Trey Lance angle to play out. I may end up being surprised but I am fairly confident I will not. Jones has always been pretty easy to read.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
You guys want to hold him accountable? Stop watching the games. Stop buying the gear, Stop buying the tickets, and stop drinking the kool-aid. Nothing changes when the bottom line is breaking records. Make that line trend downwards and we'll start to see him squirm. Hold out long enough and he will fold.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Plenty of people knock Jerry all the time. The only difference is deep down everyone knows that the Jones family will continue to own the Cowboys for generations, meanwhile Dak is a realistic option to actually move on from at some point. Possibly this year, possibly a few years down the road. Jerry may live two more decades and then just pass the team on to his kids.
Then why hate Dak??? We're going to suck either way :facepalm: So, I guess from this point on. Every quarterback that comes to Dallas and does the same thing Romo and Dak did. We'll have to read in every post how bad people hate and wish he were gone. LOL...going to be a long 20 or more years in here:facepalm::laugh:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Hearing your GM say gladly say he is “doing his job” attracting publicity and media attention after one of the worst playoff losses in franchise history is just absolutely insane.

I think we’re really underselling how off the rails this.

Jerry Jones just admitted his #1 priority as GM is to not win games.
That's because he's also the owner. GM is just a secondary job for him. It's been this way for decades now. Not sure why people find these comments surprising any longer.

This is why most companies out there, the owner is not involved in certain job titles and duties because they conflict with each other. Jerry being an owner and GM is a conflict of interest. We literally get draft tips and picks from his grandson lol. It's ridiculous and a circus at this point. Seeing All Or Nothing some years back with Dallas and seeing the Jones meet, the Dallas Cowboys are ran exactly like a family owned local grocery store. Zero difference. Really eye opening to see how they operate behind the scenes.

Don't ever let Jerry fool you into thinking he wants to win. He's on record saying if it was anyone aside from him being the GM, he would have been fired. This is a huge middle finger to the fans and his ego telling you he doesn't care.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I think this interview is pretty old. I seem to remember a thread about this floating around earlier this year.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Jerry most definitely gets it .. and a lot of the media gets it .. but a lot of Cowboys fans don't get it.

Jerry's priority is popularity because popularity generates revenue and increase valuations.

Jerry wants to win, but only as a byproduct, not as the priority.
Preach

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I think this interview is pretty old. I seem to remember a thread about this floating around earlier this year.
Yeah it's pretty old....like back when Jerruh was in his late 70s and before he started urinating in his pants before big games.

This is still his mantra though. As true today as it was 5 years ago.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry most definitely gets it .. and a lot of the media gets it .. but a lot of Cowboys fans don't get it.

Jerry's priority is popularity because popularity generates revenue and increase valuations.

Jerry wants to win, but only as a byproduct, not as the priority.
You gonna get scolded by Rockport and CC ......... ohhhhh you gonna get it!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry can jam it up his arse. That said, I think this interview is kinda aged.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Lol damn, we really can't expect much until he's gone
We can expect even less when that day comes. Stephen is a cheapskate who will sink the team even lower. Jerry does just enough to remain competitive in the regular season. Stephen will be doing much less. Another 30 year stretch of losing is what everyone has to look forward to.