Twitter: Jerry: "If we got them talking about us, we’re doing our job.”

Rayman70

Reaction score
tenor.gif
Damn Jerry

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
NO thats our Owner and i hate to break it to you but the owners of any and all business' have job#1 is profit, you can't own a team and not fill the seats and selling the team is how you do that, ironic that as bad as fans around here want to make out our last few decades we will year in and year out have the most primetime slots and still get highest ratings of many games on at the sometime even not football games. they are and have always been a big draw, jerry didn't name them Americas Team but his 3 SBs in 4 years continued that tradition. like it or not Jerrys doing his job, keep the team relative to fill stadiums is not a knock its his JOB. you all act lie its bad thing. its not.

think about this, main reason hes was able to purchase this team because the old regime was struggling with finances wasnt playing as well either etc guess what Jerrys not and never will be..

his GM role is sperate yet some if you don't get that the Cowboys are Like Apple and Apple CEOs /owners #1 job is what? Sell your product, make it as popular as possible, so when next model comes out people, line up to buy it.

this is necessary, jeez, get over it,

marketing is the #1 priority for all successful businesses, if you're not growing, you are dyeing!
Are you getting a check? Because it sounds like you would prefer a check over a title.

Listen....make all the money you want. And I don't expect to win OR contend every year. But the drought we are on from appearing in a NFC title game is incomprehensible. Especially since over the 25+ years the chief architect has not been replaced. The league is set up for you at least to get lucky....if you can't get good. And we have not even been able to get lucky. So I cannot defend this buffoon, because I ain't getting a dime of his money.

fivetwos

Reaction score
NO thats our Owner and i hate to break it to you but the owners of any and all business' have job#1 is profit, you can't own a team and not fill the seats and selling the team is how you do that, ironic that as bad as fans around here want to make out our last few decades we will year in and year out have the most primetime slots and still get highest ratings of many games on at the sometime even not football games. they are and have always been a big draw, jerry didn't name them Americas Team but his 3 SBs in 4 years continued that tradition. like it or not Jerrys doing his job, keep the team relative to fill stadiums is not a knock its his JOB. you all act lie its bad thing. its not.

think about this, main reason hes was able to purchase this team because the old regime was struggling with finances wasnt playing as well either etc guess what Jerrys not and never will be..

his GM role is sperate yet some if you don't get that the Cowboys are Like Apple and Apple CEOs /owners #1 job is what? Sell your product, make it as popular as possible, so when next model comes out people, line up to buy it.

marketing is the #1 priority for all successful businesses, if you're not growing, you are dyeing!
Yeah I ain't here to watch his business grow.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Gotta give him credit....just when I don't think it's possible to can't stand him at a higher level, he comes up with something else.

Really, if there's anything that would make me eventually turn my back, it's things like this.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Gotta give him credit....just when I don't think it's possible to can't stand him at a higher level, he comes up with something else.

Really, if there's anything that would make me eventually turn my back, it's things like this.

Same, I consider myself a diehard fan, but I find this comment to be a slap in the face by Jerry. In case he hasn't noticed, there are some fans who've never watched us win a SB. Try as we might, it's hard to stay as a diehard fan, especially when the owner clearly states here that it's all about the ratings, not the championships. If he doesn't care, why should I?

JayFord

Reaction score
I mean he's right

the NFL is a business first and football is a distant second.....

if you can sell out tickets and have your team on shows 24/7 without winning a Sb or being in one or a NFCCG in almost 30 years youre doing a great job

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

Ridiculous. The point is, he is doing an owners job but completely fails at his GM duties. He won't hire a GM, so it's absolutely necessary to criticize him for it. Since he doesn't want them separated, we don't have to either.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Fans need the illusion of the NFL being a sport. Comments like these from Jerry show that it is first and foremost a business.

Exactly, and that, if you win a SB, congratulations, your fans celebrate as do the players, but for the owners, it's who makes the most money. I'm more convinced now based on his statements that the NFL does rig matches depending on which outcome generates the most cash.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Exactly, and that, if you win a SB, congratulations, your fans celebrate as do the players, but for the owners, it's who makes the most money. I'm more convinced now based on his statements that the NFL does rig matches depending on which outcome generates the most cash.

Let's face it, yes, it was a nice story to see the Bengals make it to the SB. However, did anyone really think the Bengals would be allowed to win? Of course not! The Rams are from LA, and what a story it'd have been for them to win not long after returning. Go all in, win in your home state, and get a Hollywood finish to the season in Hollywood.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don’t subscribe to the ‘fixed’ argument, but what I DO KNOW is that NFL owners WIN financially no matter what happens on the field. But Jerry doesn’t help when he says as much publicly.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don’t subscribe to the ‘fixed’ argument, but what I DO KNOW is that NFL owners WIN financially no matter what happens on the field. But Jerry doesn’t help when he says as much publicly.

To me, the officiating, and I know someone on this board is going to jump on me for this but who cares, is appalling and everyone knows it. I'm NOT just talking about the Cowboys. I'm talking about across the league. Look at the Lions a few years ago against the Packers. They had them beaten, and two complete and utter crap calls lost them the game. Or last year, the Lions lost on a brilliant record breaking FG, but it was set up by a play that should haven't been allowed to play on as the Ravens had exceeded the play clock. Sidenote, the Lions get screwed more than anyone. Meanwhile, the Bears had a player who literally was in his first game get sent off basically for running into an official accidentally when the official clearly seemed to move in his way at the last moment to trip him. To me, the ref ball can be a nice way for the game to be adjusted to fit whatever the narrative is that the league wants.