Jerry Jones believes Cowboys can compete with high-scoring teams like the Rams and Chiefs

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I do not agree that Dallas has a better pass rush and chewing clock without scoring enough points is self-defeating.

I do agree that Dallas has the RB to attempt to chew clock but not the QB to make them pay when they stop him. Except for CAR, LAR and NO have better defenses than any we've faced and CHI has a better O and D than the Cowboys.

Catchy, name the one elite skill position player on the Cowboys. This is no longer a RB driven league. The Rams have the best one in the game and didn't feature him last night to try and chew clock and keep KC's offense off the field.

We'll find out soon but the Cowboys try that chew clock and ball control strategy with the Saints and they'll be out of the game by the middle of the 2Q.

Booger is an idiot thinking his type of offense would slow them down. If the Rams, Saints or even Bears want to play that game, they can as well as the Cowboys but they don't have to because of the QB's. The game has changed. The Cowboys are trying to run a train down the runway.

Explain to me these scores..

Ravens 23 - Saints 24

Browns 18 - Saints 21

Vikings 20 - Saints 30

Our offense is terrible. I hate it. But Dallas has a chance in any game because we play good defense and we chew clock with the run game.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Unfortunately they use a one sided coin when it comes to comparing offensive coaching staffs

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I actually agree with Jerry.

I'm not saying we would win but Dallas is good at making every game a coin flip. Even against bad teams.

Play good defense, run the clock out, and see what happens in the 4th quarter.

I think we'd make it a tight game for the first half, but the defense would tire out from being on the field so much and the flood gates would open by the second half.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think we'd make it a tight game for the first half, but the defense would tire out from being on the field so much and the flood gates would open by the second half.

Do those offense try to control time of possession though?

They just throw the ball all over the place.

IF a defense gets tired in a game i'd imagine it would be our opponents since we are focused on long drives.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score

IF a defense gets tired in a game i'd imagine it would be our opponents since we are focused on long drives.

The Saints, Rams and Chiefs can absolutely all control a game on the ground. If our defense manages to keep it tight for a half, they'll wear out. If those teams score on a big hit early, which is likely, our offense won't have enough to keep up and it will be over quickly. Either way, it's ending in a big loss.

Alohawg1

Reaction score
I actually agree with Jerry.

I'm not saying we would win but Dallas is good at making every game a coin flip. Even against bad teams.

Play good defense, run the clock out, and see what happens in the 4th quarter.

Sorta like life as a Cowboy fan with this owner. Tick tock, Jerruh.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Yeah Dak would have like a 5 minute drive and come away with a FG and then Goff/Mahomes would drive the field in <2minutes to score a TD.

The Rams and Chiefs both have legit Ds but their Os are just so potent that they were made to look average last night. Both Ds scored last night but it barely slowed either offense.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Explain to me these scores..

Ravens 23 - Saints 24

Browns 18 - Saints 21

Vikings 20 - Saints 30

Our offense is terrible. I hate it. But Dallas has a chance in any game because we play good defense and we chew clock with the run game.
That, my friend, we will see in 9 days because all of the good vibrations about this defense are based on what teams they've played. And the Saints averaged 25 against three good defenses, while the opposing offenses only averaged 20 and the Saints are supposed to have a mediocre defense.

Reaction score
No it will not because of the ability of the other teams to take them out of that game plan. Are they going to give up 50? Not likely but there were 3 D TD's last night but there was pass rushing aplenty. The Cowboys do not have a better pass rush than the Rams.

The glaring difference in those two teams last night was painfully apparent. The Cowboys QB is not borderline in the same league with those two and add the play callers vs the one Dallas has and it's no contest.

It doesn't matter what the Cowboys are designed to do if they can't do it. Those two we saw last night, there are more on the way and might be a couple in this 2018 draft class emerging next season. The writing is on the wall, if a team doesn't have one of those trigger guys capable of putting 30+ a game and every game, they're out.
Agreed.

Jerry thinks he has another Jared Goff. Or at least a hybrid between him and Cam. And this offense is like the Rams.

I have no idea how people can take him seriously.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Long drives and 22 points. The difference with this team and the other Boys' teams that were ball control is that those teams could score TD's at the end of those long drives. It's all about the points now, the TOP means very little.

mrmojo

Reaction score
We'lol find out (Mickey Spagnola voice) next Thursday against the Saints.
The game is Thursday? What?? NFL not giving us our usual post thankgiving rest, 3 games in 12 days, player safety my a**.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
We can definitely hang with these teams if we run out the clock. Dak just needs to engineer four 15 minute drives.