Jerry Jones must complete DNA test in paternity case

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Reaction score
She knows. She’s always known. I’m sure it’s already been discussed over and over during depositions and negotiations.

This isn’t a mystery, it’s a shakedown pure and simple.

She’s suing, in part, because the agreement between her, her mother, and Jerry precludes her from publicly claiming his parentage.

The primary goal is to be able to present herself as his child publicly which will inevitably lead to additional lawsuits intended to drive a new settlement agreement.

It won’t surprise me one bit if this all goes away under a new negotiation but that’s dependent on the number.

If Jerry is willing to pay enough, she’ll sign a new settlement, take her millions, and move on.

If he doesn’t she’ll continue to file suits until he does.

t the end of the day, she’s suing because her mothers agreement, which has already resulted in money paid to her through trust, for years and years has stopped because the agreement wasn’t forever. It’s time to “renegotiate her contract” with Jerry, this time with the end goal to become set for life.

I’m normally on board with “victims rights”, but this is essentially a child support agreement, settled long long ago, where the child is suing the parent because the child support stopped after adulthood.

I get it everyone hates Jerry, but if you read up on this more, it becomes obvious this isn’t some yearning little waif with eyes brimming with tears wanting to know who her daddy was. If that was the case, I’d be first in line expecting Jerry to do the right thing.

The issue is that he’s done far more than most men finding themselves in the position of a former romantic partner coming forward with a child support claim would do.
It's not necessarily so cut and dried a shakedown. Likely it is a shakedown, but given her degree, some government/security jobs she would otherwise qualify for she'd be restricted from because of this issue and might be one of the driving factors instead. That came up early in the original case.

I'm not going to say either way, though I lean toward some kind of shakedown attempt, but can't necessarily rule out justified reasons for legal proof of paternity.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It appears to me it’s more about challenging her fathers denial . If Jethro had come out publicly and admitted as such she wouldn’t have had any reason to file suit.

Remember how this became public. When she needed clearance on a background check to work in the White House she named him as her biological father.
I am sure there are more details on this, and each side has their view on it.

I would expect her lawyers to say she had no choice and I would expect Jerry's lawyers to say she's only doing it for money.

I think the only way we will ever know is what she does publicly (if anything) if Jerry is confirmed to be her father.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m hoping she can make things extremely complicated for Stephen after Jerry passes. I’m not sure how or what legal precedent she has if she’s Jerry’s bio kid. But I hope she does something that can shake up Stephen’s regime.

Let’s be honest, we’re screwed with Jerry. I don’t see us winning anything with Jerry around. When he’s gone the only hope is Stephen becomes hands off and hires football men to handle football business. Since Stephen has been in the news lately claiming all he thinks about is Dak, then that looks pretty hands on to me and not pretty for the future. We need Stephen out of there or at least hands off.

Alexandra is our only hope. Small hope at that but currently our only hope.
Legally she won't have any claim to Jerry Jones' money or the Dallas Cowboys if she is actually his daughter as long as his claims of supporting her financially are factual.

If money is the motivation behind this (not saying it is, just saying "if"), then her only real options if she turns out to be his daughter are to hope to capitalize on a tell-all story or use the threat of that to get Jerry to pay-the-problem away.

As I have said though, there are probably a lot of details we do not know about at this point.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Jerry is a billionaire and billionaires can throw money at any situation to mk it go away. Since he doesn’t have to pay his fair share of taxes, he’s got even more money to deal with stuff like this.

Other Ideas to Help Jerry Pay for His Indiscretions:
1. Jack up prices on Gene Jones Jeans
2. Have his son Giggles (aka Stephen) hold a car wash outside the stadium with cheerleaders in bikinis.
3. Increase ticket prices (oops he always does that)
4. Open the Stadium every Thursday night for fan Star Trek the original series night on the big screen and charge admission
5. Have a paid dunking booth for fans to get a chance to put Jerry “in the drink” ($1k fee)
6. Offer fans a “Night With Gene Jones” who promises to don her signature jeans
7. Take a billionaire to lunch program ($2k)
8. Offer “A Night With The Fuhrer” (prices vary)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's not necessarily so cut and dried a shakedown. Likely it is a shakedown, but given her degree, some government/security jobs she would otherwise qualify for she'd be restricted from because of this issue and might be one of the driving factors instead. That came up early in the original case.

I'm not going to say either way, though I lean toward some kind of shakedown attempt, but can't necessarily rule out justified reasons for legal proof of paternity.

"Rather than acknowledging his child, or even taking the opportunity to get to know his child, my father and his associates have publicly smeared my reputation and intentions," she said in a statement provided by her lawyers to ESPN.

"I have been falsely accused of a 'shakedown' and 'extortion.' In reality, I am a daughter who simply wants to acknowledge her father without fear of retribution. I will not stand by and let my father's actions or words define me or my future."

While I don’t believe it was original intent of being a shakedown since it came out after a background check at the White House , Jethro’s attempt to defame her might have fueled some hostility. Which who could blame her.

Who in their right mind would set up Trust Funds if they didn’t think it was their illegitimate child . And Alexandria has had an illustrious career graduating with honors at SMU, a stint on a Reality TV show and now a Congressional Aide. She sounds like a perfect illegitimate child to be proud of.

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/4864811/alexandra-davis-sued-jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys/

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would care if this was about her wanting a relationship with the Jones family.

I don't think that's the case.

blueblood70

Reaction score
God please let her be his… and some how end up with ownership and turn the ship around to a team who can get past the first round of the playoffs .
Really this is what you're hanging your hat on you think if this test comes out that he's his daughter somehow the NFL is gonna relieve him of his ownership are you crazy you do realize this doozy double digit billionaire and there is nothing that says if you have a 27 year old long lost child that turns out to be yours that you didn't know about somehow you lose your ownership privileges dude you're nuts you're absolutely along with the rest of these people who are here up in someone elses business with your torches and your pitchforks out like vultures thinking somehow this is a big deal it's not a big deal this is man's personal business and I wish somebody would hire TMZ to follow some of you all around 24/7 and dig up all the bones in your ridiculous closets...

It's insane the people around here that just all up in people's business about tattoos and what they look like maybe they gained weight and what they do in their personal lives somehow it it it affects you it's like your business or something it's so far from our business what they do in their personal lives this is not something normal people doesn't go through... If you had the kind of money Jerry had and thought that there were people that were trying to do money grabs you would also have a lawyer making sure you were protected as well somehow this is now somehow on his personality you'd realize he is a father right like he has his own legitimate children and whether he's straight or something happened and he has an illegitimate child and it turns out to be his has nothing to do with his ownership or his businesses of any kind period end of....STORY

blueblood70

Reaction score
SCANDAL!!!! Yes, bring them on. Resign Jerry. You and Stephen need to resign.
This is not a scandal a 27 year old woman claiming to be Jerry's child meaning whatever happened happened 3 decades ago it's not even really a big deal or a story because if it happened to you or someone else in their normal lives it's not a big deal it doesn't affect his business or the Dallas Cowboys at all no more than this story with Tom Brady and his wife having an affair it's nobody's business especially isn't anything about sports and yet people are talking about it like it's their business this has nothing to do with the Dallas Cowboys truly it's not a scandal whatever happened happened... This is truly very personal and even shouldn't be talked about by fans in a sports arena this has nothing to do with the NFL office Roger Goodell or anything with the NFL and it will not affect Jerry's everyday dealings with the Dallas Cowboys you all can put down your torches in your pitchforks because it's not gonna happen and it's so ridiculously immature for people to be discussing somebody else's business that happened 30 years ago if whatever happened happened it happened so long ago it's a dead story it's not a scandal... There is no legal ramifications therefore it cannot affect the Dallas Cowboys literally has nothing to do he didn't do anything like commit a crime somebody came out of the woodwork and claims there his daughter and if they are it'll get handled behind closed doors where all your business gets handled..

morasp

Reaction score
Reminds me of an episode of the TV show Dallas I watched recently with JR and Sue Ellen.

foofighters

Reaction score
I am curious what the implications will be if he is proven to be her biological father. He certainly seemed to take some responsibility for her financially when she was growing up.

Regardless of the money involved, it seems fair to me that this woman deserves to know who her biological father is. If Jerry is in fact the real father, his refusal to even acknowledge her is horrible IMO. I would hope he would at least acknowledge it and make some kind of attempt to step up as a father. Not that I expect him to, but it would be the right thing to do.
This is bigger than the Cowboys but using the Cowboys as a template to Jerry, has Jerry really been able to do the right thing in the past? I know it's not a great analogy connecting football to fatherhood and I would place a much, much larger emphasis on parenting over football. Jerry's been in denial about the Cowboys for a long time. I doubt he steps up as a dad.

That's the difference between Jerry and I.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Jerry is a billionaire and billionaires can throw money at any situation to mk it go away. Since he doesn’t have to pay his fair share of taxes, he’s got even more money to deal with stuff like this.

Other Ideas to Help Jerry Pay for His Indiscretions:
1. Jack up prices on Gene Jones Jeans
2. Have his son Giggles (aka Stephen) hold a car wash outside the stadium with cheerleaders in bikinis.
3. Increase ticket prices (oops he always does that)
4. Open the Stadium every Thursday night for fan Star Trek the original series night on the big screen and charge admission
5. Have a paid dunking booth for fans to get a chance to put Jerry “in the drink” ($1k fee)
6. Offer fans a “Night With Gene Jones” who promises to don her signature jeans
7. Take a billionaire to lunch program ($2k)
8. Offer “A Night With The Fuhrer” (prices vary)
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

blueblood70

Reaction score
vultures. This place has officially become TMZ Dallas, its sports soap opera; tattoos and too much rumor and personal posts about players and, coaches and ownership.

Reminder Cowboyszone is SPORTS/football/nfl/Dallas Cowboys not 30yaer old personal story's about an owner...its has ZERO effect on the actual Dallas Cowboys; FO , ownership or otherwise..

Its not a soap opera for vultures and frankly for things that are none of our business.. there is place for that its called Twitter, Facebook, you own DASHBOARD and main pages are full of it , subscribe to Redditt....

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I am quite sure we don't know all of the details to this story.

There are a lot of people out there who don't know who one of their parents is and most are content with keeping it that way since the parent never made any effort.

I wonder if she would have pursued the answer so aggressively using the legal system had she suspected her father was a regular man and not rich.

It is funny though that some fans think that if Jerry is her father that it will have some sort of impact on the Cowboys or Jones' ownership.
My take. There are very prescriptive details on what was arranged between Jerry and the woman. For one reason or another the arrangement is not working out for one party.

I can't say exactly what is the motivation, but I can tell you as a person who is adopted it never hurts to consider not just a financial and legal solution, but also an emotional solution for all parties involved.

This test should have been done years ago, and then use that as the starting point to establish a lifelong working agreement if the test proves that this is a necessity.

One should expect a little unpleasantness when you choose to stick your peas and carrots in the wrong grocery bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.