Jerry Jones: No urgency to get contract done with Lamb

Chasing6

Reaction score
If you treat your star players like trash, why would any of them want to resign when they become free agents?

Lamb has earned a new deal, his numbers are comparable to Justin Jefferson's and Lamb was one of the few Cowboys that actually did put up a decent stat line against the Pack, 9 receptions for 110 yards.

I'm just saying that if you play hard ball with your star players, dont expect to get any "discounts" when other players are next in line. This is why Dak aint gonna take a penny less than $60 and Parsons, wow, no telling what he is going to want. And you cant franchise everybody and hold them hostage, so being a penny pinching jerk to your star players is a really good way to run them out of town.
Bigger question is why would you let them become FA's? Trade them and rebuild.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Bigger question is why would you let them become FA's? Trade them and rebuild.
That is actually a good point............if you have no intentions of paying market value for your star players, then you absolutely should trade them for picks instead.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't hate Lamb, I'm just tired of watching Jerry pay diva after diva and getting nothing in return. Where's it got us by paying divas everything they demand? It has got us to getting "bounced early in the playoffs" repeatedly and paying dearly for it. Jerry never says no, and they know it, so they keep coming back for more.
Why is Lamb a diva?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
For the fingth'd time Dak is not tradeable.
That is never going to sink in. I’m convinced of it. Why can’t fans understand it’s not in Dak’s best interest to be traded? And understand it’s 100% his decision. It is peculiar.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I have a couple knee jerk reactions to this.
1. Jerry is still pissed about the Green Bay game. Maybe that did shake him up more than we thought. Maybe he doesn’t want to pay players that don’t show up in the playoffs.
2. There might be more to the fight Dak and CD had in the Green Bay game than what we know. Maybe they can’t co exist anymore.
3. At some point you have to ask is Jerry sabotaging Dak? Or is Jerry completely going to blow up this team after this season and do a reboot?

Me personally, out of the big 3, Dak/Micah/CD, the only one I really wanted resigned is CD. Dak will be garage without CD. If we get a young QB next season a great WR will help a young QB. CD is the guy I wanted out of the 3 but if we’re blowing the team up then I’m cool with trading him. As long as they trade Micah too.

This isn’t a good look tho. It’s not good CD took down his social media affiliation with the Cowboys. I think Jerry is a horrible owner and GM and I hope this blows up in his face.
I really don't get all this "sabotage Dak" talk. Dak couldn't get it done with some very good rosters so as far as winning a Superbowl goes it doesn't matter what happens with CD or Micah. Dak's ceiling is way below that anyway.

It's just confusing to see how our FO doesn't seem to have any sound strategy. If it was a rebuild then trade CD earlier when his price was high and no one knew that we have to ship him. He still has a price of course, but all this taking a piss at each other over the media doesn't help for sure.

But if Jerry thinks that we still have a window then he should have signed Dak, CD and Micah already.

So what's up Jerry, what the heck is up?? My biggest fear is that we lose guys like CD and Micah for a wet kiss on the cheek. Like it happened with Amari. And no dear Jerry fans, that was not a good deal.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I really don't get all this "sabotage Dak" talk. Dak couldn't get it done with some very good rosters so as far as winning a Superbowl goes it doesn't matter what happens with CD or Micah. Dak's ceiling is way below that anyway.

It's just confusing to see how our FO doesn't seem to have any sound strategy. If it was a rebuild then trade CD earlier when his price was high and no one knew that we have to ship him. He still has a price of course, but all this taking a piss at each other over the media doesn't help for sure.

But if Jerry thinks that we still have a window then he should have signed Dak, CD and Micah already.

So what's up Jerry, what the heck is up?? My biggest fear is that we lose guys like CD and Micah for a wet kiss on the cheek. Like it happened with Amari. And no dear Jerry fans, that was not a good deal.
Exactly my friend, that is what pisses me off the most about all of this......................NO PLAN!!!

If Dak, Lamb, and Parsons are building blocks then sign them back when free agency started so you could add some more pieces and we can make a run.

If some, or all, of these guys are not in the plans, then work out some trades and get some picks for them so you can look for their replacements.

Every other team has either signed their QB or decided to move on, but of course Dallas has to be the oddball here and look totally incompetent with no idea what the hell to do.

plymkr

Reaction score

My biggest fear is Jerry doesn’t have a plan. There is nothing our FO has done this offseason that resembles a plan. So I can’t make any sense out of it. When I posted that it was my knee jerk reaction. Now several hours later I still can’t find any logic to all this.

Chasing6

Reaction score

We don't have a complimentary football team. We have some great individuals.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That is actually a good point............if you have no intentions of paying market value for your star players, then you absolutely should trade them for picks instead.
Jerry loves his comp picks.

Can't wait for or 3rd comp pick for Dak, CD and Micah.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Um.....Mike, just quit now with your dignity somewhat intact.