Jerry Jones: No urgency to get contract done with Lamb

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Again, billionaires aren’t all necessarily smart. Hard work, determination, connections, and some luck can also make one a billionaire.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
If it's a bad team then we can potentially get a top five or top 10 pick and use that on a quarterback.
How often does that work out? It seems many do fail. If it happened and we sickened then ok we try to make that pick successful.

However, rooting for it like it’s a sure thing or even a high probability of making the team a superbowl winner is not a good plan imo.

Who was selected before Mahomes? It seems the entire league isn’t that good at selecting the can’t miss QB’s.

J_Allen

Reaction score
How often does that work out? It seems many do fail. If it happened and we sickened then ok we try to make that pick successful.

However, rooting for it like it’s a sure thing or even a high probability of making the team a superbowl winner is not a good plan imo.

Who was selected before Mahomes? It seems the entire league isn’t that good at selecting the can’t miss QB’s.
You are correct it is hard to select good quarterbacks but we're going to have to start picking them soon. We're going to need one in the first round next to year.

cristglo

Reaction score
Wow, how many weeks till the season starts?? Dumbo Jerry isn't in a hurry hmmm.
Its easy for us as fans to say trade him but WE don't know whats been offered to CD. Jerry could be lowballing him we just don't know.
CeeDee is our best Off weapon and def has to account for him which can open up for other players.
Have we all forgotten the WR by committee?
Regardless Jerry should learn to keep his Dumb ehhhhh ehhh remarks to himself.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike McCarthy??? Why would he walk away from good money?
While I firmly believe CeeDee will be signed before the season begins. If we indeed started the season without mister lamb, this offense would be the biggest train wreck in the NFL.
Trust me, Mike would be fired by week 3.
So as of right now both Mike and Dak have amazing regular season records to garner a multi year deal. however leaving here looking foolish would be, let's say, a bit harmful to their NFL valuation.

Mike was on life support after his mess in GB, another train wreck and he's toast.

Dak, believe it or not has a big question mark on his back any time he faces difficult defenses. Without CeeDee and a young OL he'd be in big trouble with our schedule and a improved NFC East.

cowboybish

Reaction score
Yup, it’s been 30 years Jerry and you still don’t know how to run a team and it’s still just a big game to you. Please please please just step down and hire a real GM.

Reactions: CWR

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, billionaires aren’t all necessarily smart. Hard work, determination, connections, and some luck can also make one a billionaire.
Truth. However, it can also be true that people can be intelligent in one area and not in another.

I met an orthopedic surgeon once, who was well-known, beloved and received many accolades during his career. He had graduated near the top of his class in college and medical school. He was a well-read person, who spit out names, dates, details like he was some sort of human computer.

He could not operate the real kind, though. There are so many examples I could share. The best one was the time he connected I.T. to fix his office computer. Cursed that the screen was black. Swore he had tried everything.

An I.T. guy drove to his office, looked at the computer for a couple of seconds and pressed a switch. The doctor asked, "What did you just press.?" I.T. guy: "The ON button."

Found out later his P.A. had turned off his computer the previous afternoon. :facepalm:

cowboybish

Reaction score
Yup, it’s been 30 years Jerry and you still don’t know how to run a team and it’s still just a big game to you. Please please please just step down and hire a real GM.

LysleE

Reaction score
Of course Jerry is going to say this…getting people to talk about the Cowboys is his primary objective as the team owner, GM and clown.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
30 years and you're still a fan. You deserve a medal.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've heard from Jerry fanboys that its not his fault. Just bad luck or bad players for 30 years.... even though he picks the players.. NOT HIS FAULT!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Truth. However, it can also be true that people can be intelligent in one area and not in another.

I met an orthopedic surgeon once, who was well-known, beloved and received many accolades during his career. He had graduated near the top of his class in college and medical school. He was a well-read person, who spit out names, dates, details like he was some sort of human computer.

He could not operate the real kind, though. There are so many examples I could share. The best one was the time he connected I.T. to fix his office computer. Cursed that the screen was black. Swore he had tried everything.

An I.T. guy drove to his office, looked at the computer for a couple of seconds and pressed a switch. The doctor asked, "What did you just press.?" I.T. guy: "The ON button."

Found out later his P.A. had turned off his computer the previous afternoon. :facepalm:
In my line of work the worst are the ones who have a diploma hanging on the wall and think that makes them the smartest person in the entire state. The best at doing the job, though, are the ones with experience, street smarts, common sense, and who possess the ability to make decisions at critical times. When the crap hits the fan, I want the experienced person on my side, not Mr. Know-it-all.

My boss constantly brags about his masters and PHD degrees, but for the life of me I don't have a clue how he made it through all those years of schooling. The guy possesses the grammar and spelling skills of an elementary school child.

cowboybish

Reaction score
It seems it’s though it is never the fault of the ultra wealthy. It’s always somebody else’s fault.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Theres only two things that’s really held Jerry back.

1. Sticking with head coaches (Garrett) wayyyy too long and not moving on sooner.

2. Not taking the most imposition in sports seriously. We’ve not even tried at QB since Aikman. We’ve hitched our wagons to undrafted and 4th round talent for almost 20 of the past 30 years now.

kevm3

Reaction score
And people wonder why we have 30 years of failure.
We trade away Amari for Gallup. Gallup is now retired. Now we are angering Ceedee lamb. So our FO not only does nothing of note in the offseason, but we're just angering our best talent for no reason.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've heard from Jerry fanboys that its not his fault. Just bad luck or bad players for 30 years.... even though he picks the players.. NOT HIS FAULT!
You're right. It's Jerry's fault...just like it's about 30 others owners fault. They own the team, they also own the success and failure.