Jerry Jones: No urgency to get contract done with Lamb

LonnieElam

Reaction score
God I hate Jerry Jones
Bro, I've never hated someone I've never met so much, and it's compounded by the fact my BFF since birth worked for the Cowboys for 8 years. He's driven Stephen around Oxnard, and he drove his drunk wife (not judging because I'm drinking a beer right now) back to Beverly Hills. Stephen was calling my boy's work phone to yell at his wife. He told me, "this team is run by a bunch of drunk rednecks thay have no F'ing clue what they're doing when it comes to actual football."

Side brag: I drank a couple beers with Todd Williams once. Cool dude. I told him I only want to ask one Cowboys question. I asked him if the fine that the Cowboys and Commanders got for front-loading contracts in the UN- capped period during the lockout was just Goodell sticking it to Jerry. He said, (and I'm paraphrasing) "Absolutely. If I had known he was going to do that, I would have dumped EVERYTHING."

stiletto

Reaction score
So Jerry is going to take his anger out on his star WR?

He changed zero coaches on his own. Quinn would be our DC if he didn't get the Commanders job. Apparently the anger wasn't great enough to change coaches, who had a hand in that mess.

He barely did anything in FA to try to make the roster better. We signed one vet LB. That's it. But apparently he wasn't angry enough to make major roster changes.

However, the way he's going to show his anger about GB is take it out on arguably his best or 2nd best player in a contract squabble?

Then he's a moron.
I definitely didn't say he was smart to do/say such things. Hah

Sydla

Reaction score
At the end of the day, this is likely Jerry thinking he's pulling some shrewd negotiation tactic.

"Hey, Stephen, if I say publicly that I have no urgency to get Lamb signed, he'll panic and scramble to sign for less than he wants............."

Lamb and his agent are probably just laughing their ***** off.

Reactions: CWR

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Maybe we can draft good enough players with those picks to not sign them in four/five years too
That’s kind of how things are going now. They don’t want to pay a QB 60M, a WR 35M. Now Parson or a dominant DE, I believe he’s worth 35M. Just because it’s your QB or your starter doesn’t mean they should set the highest contract. Drafting a QB can save you about 50M and a WR 30M. You could give 8 guys 10M a year and probably have a better team.

stiletto

Reaction score
At the end of the day, this is likely Jerry thinking he's pulling some shrewd negotiation tactic.

"Hey, Stephen, if I say publicly that I have no urgency to get Lamb signed, he'll panic and scramble to sign for less than he wants............."

Lamb and his agent are probably just laughing their ***** off.
I'm pretty sure Jethro and Enos look at their bank accounts and laugh at all of us every day..

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Honestly if we got a haul of picks like 2 1sts and a 2nd or 3rd for Lamb I would be content. CD is great but something really irked me about how he played in the GB game. Especially when that CB Alexander shoved him and he showed no emotion in return. At this point just build the defense around Micah, let Dak go and get as much as you can for CD and hope we can move up the draft next year to get a QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They’ll be a lot of urgency to get him signed if they go to Cleveland without him and get their butts handed to them. Especially if Amari Cooper goes off for 100+ yards and a couple of TDs. I could just picture the look on the Joneses faces if that were to happen. Lol That $20 million per they didn’t want to pay him anymore would start looking like a good deal compared to what they’re going to have to pay CeeDee to end his hold out. :laugh: