Jerry Jones: No urgency to get contract done with Lamb

Sydla

Reaction score
He's finally acting like one as much the masses here want to believe CD is a top 5 wr and worth 30 million a year they are dead wrong.
Hold firm Jerry and if he holds out from week 1 trade him and send the message the pampered days are over either win vs good teams (esp in the playoffs) or you're out of here mister!!
LOL.

He’s a Top 5 WR.

The stupidity you exhibit is breathtaking.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL.

He’s a Top 5 WR.

The stupidity you exhibit is breathtaking.
Did I insult you?
I could have said various to your insignificant comment but I'll pass as I know your kind and don't want to get dirty with all that mud and all......................

Sydla

Reaction score
I have a couple knee jerk reactions to this.
1. Jerry is still pissed about the Green Bay game. Maybe that did shake him up more than we thought. Maybe he doesn’t want to pay players that don’t show up in the playoffs.
2. There might be more to the fight Dak and CD had in the Green Bay game than what we know. Maybe they can’t co exist anymore.
3. At some point you have to ask is Jerry sabotaging Dak? Or is Jerry completely going to blow up this team after this season and do a reboot?

Me personally, out of the big 3, Dak/Micah/CD, the only one I really wanted resigned is CD. Dak will be garage without CD. If we get a young QB next season a great WR will help a young QB. CD is the guy I wanted out of the 3 but if we’re blowing the team up then I’m cool with trading him. As long as they trade Micah too.

This isn’t a good look tho. It’s not good CD took down his social media affiliation with the Cowboys. I think Jerry is a horrible owner and GM and I hope this blows up in his face.
1 - Jerry didn't fire the HC or make big staff changes on his own. He also didn't do anything in the offseason to fix the issues on the roster. In fact, he did less in FA than he has ever done. But where he is gonna draw the line, take out his anger from the GB game and change the direction of the franchise post-GB is to pick a contract fight with arguably his 1st or 2nd best player? LOL, if that's what he is doing, this franchise is sooooooooooooooooooooo ********* screwed.

2 - Doubt it. Dak and Lamb have had zero issues and apparently Dak and Lamb have been on contact during Lamb's hold out.

3 - If Jerry is blowing up the team, then this is a monumentally stupid way to do it.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah, I actually think so, and it isn't because of their talent. It's the cancerous culture that kills this team every time it makes the playoffs. The lack of accountability trickles down and permeates the culture.

Plus, it has become a vicious cycle. The identity of the team has become one of playoff chokers. The stats prove this, every fan of other teams thinks the Cowboys are a joke in the playoffs. Stephen A. Smith coined the "accident waiting to happen", and all of that has ingrained itself. Deep down inside, players on this team expect to blow it in the playoffs, and they consistently do so.
Yeah, not buying it. It's not star players underperforming that has hurt this franchise.

It's the owner and and underappreciated flaw - he sucks at hiring coaches.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
This is the same man that allowed our 1993 season to start without the biggest reason we won the super bowl. He ran the coach out of town after two straight SB victories. It doesn't get any dumber than that.
Cost a potential undefeated season in 1993, and derailed at team that could have won 5 straight SBs. Then follows that up with the longest championship appearance drought in team history while refusing to hire a real GM.

History will not be kind to Jerry Jones when his GM record is examined by future football historians. I have no doubt he will be regarded as the biggest fool the NFL has ever seen once he's been gone for a decade or two.

Sydla

Reaction score
This once again brings me back to a point I made weeks ago.

Is there a GM in football that mugs for the camera and says as much stupid stuff as this guy states? Pretty much every other GM in football, if asked this question, would give some generic, cookie cutter answer.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your take was silly. Own it.
The only thing silly is the PAPPY investing time in someone like you.
Ciao amigo and try and learn some manners goes a long way in life for you!

CWR

Reaction score
That’s kind of how things are going now. They don’t want to pay a QB 60M, a WR 35M. Now Parson or a dominant DE, I believe he’s worth 35M. Just because it’s your QB or your starter doesn’t mean they should set the highest contract. Drafting a QB can save you about 50M and a WR 30M. You could give 8 guys 10M a year and probably have a better team.
He might pay 8 of his own 10m per year, but rest assured those won't be FAs. We don't do business that way.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I have a couple knee jerk reactions to this.
1. Jerry is still pissed about the Green Bay game. Maybe that did shake him up more than we thought. Maybe he doesn’t want to pay players that don’t show up in the playoffs.
2. There might be more to the fight Dak and CD had in the Green Bay game than what we know. Maybe they can’t co exist anymore.
3. At some point you have to ask is Jerry sabotaging Dak? Or is Jerry completely going to blow up this team after this season and do a reboot?

Me personally, out of the big 3, Dak/Micah/CD, the only one I really wanted resigned is CD. Dak will be garage without CD. If we get a young QB next season a great WR will help a young QB. CD is the guy I wanted out of the 3 but if we’re blowing the team up then I’m cool with trading him. As long as they trade Micah too.

This isn’t a good look tho. It’s not good CD took down his social media affiliation with the Cowboys. I think Jerry is a horrible owner and GM and I hope this blows up in his face.
Think you for saying. I almost brought it up early...but didnt want to be the guy focusing on gossip.

That was some very bad body language Lamb put off in that GB game. And...whatever it was...it drug Dak into it because everyone was saying he looked pissed at Dak, as if Dak isnt good.

I dont follow the Cowboys heavily anymore...but I read earlier today that Lamb wasnt at some practice Dak held at his house. I dont know if that means anything or not.

I get it...these are grown men and can get over pitter pats with each other. The optics just arent good.

I mean...if Lamb was complaining in a Playoff game after Dak fed him the ball all year....Lamb seems like he might be high maintenance to keep happy. I get that its a do or die game and that Lamb is competitive....but he looked selfish and also drug his QB into it.

I think talent is more important that chemistry/culture....but if I am the Jones family...Im finding out what is the root of Lamb's playoff game body language before extending.

What sucks as a Cowboys fan is....looks like we have good QB that is very aggressive in his contract negotiations; we have a star WR that seems to have an issue on the field, possible with his QB, and now is using online guerilla warfare in a dispute with his employer; you have a super star LB/DE that seems to want to be in Philly, leading to him having no filter when talking

Kind of depressing. At least "Sounds from the Sidelines" makes it seem like these guys all get along.

NotForLong

Reaction score
At the end of the day, this is likely Jerry thinking he's pulling some shrewd negotiation tactic.

"Hey, Stephen, if I say publicly that I have no urgency to get Lamb signed, he'll panic and scramble to sign for less than he wants............."

Lamb and his agent are probably just laughing their ***** off.
Apparently the whole team is