Jerry Jones: No urgency to get contract done with Lamb

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Makes sense..

Dallas didn’t do anything this offseason so no real potential to do anything this yea anyways.

Reactions: CWR

rambo2

Reaction score
Why not?
This entire off-season has been a dumpster fire.

Why should the regular season be any different?
How has the entire off season been a dumpster fire? Our new players have looked excellent. The new coaches have seemed to be doing well.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teams best player lol … we need a real GM
He's finally acting like one as much the masses here want to believe CD is a top 5 wr and worth 30 million a year they are dead wrong.
Hold firm Jerry and if he holds out from week 1 trade him and send the message the pampered days are over either win vs good teams (esp in the playoffs) or you're out of here mister!!

plymkr

Reaction score
I have a couple knee jerk reactions to this.
1. Jerry is still pissed about the Green Bay game. Maybe that did shake him up more than we thought. Maybe he doesn’t want to pay players that don’t show up in the playoffs.
2. There might be more to the fight Dak and CD had in the Green Bay game than what we know. Maybe they can’t co exist anymore.
3. At some point you have to ask is Jerry sabotaging Dak? Or is Jerry completely going to blow up this team after this season and do a reboot?

Me personally, out of the big 3, Dak/Micah/CD, the only one I really wanted resigned is CD. Dak will be garage without CD. If we get a young QB next season a great WR will help a young QB. CD is the guy I wanted out of the 3 but if we’re blowing the team up then I’m cool with trading him. As long as they trade Micah too.

This isn’t a good look tho. It’s not good CD took down his social media affiliation with the Cowboys. I think Jerry is a horrible owner and GM and I hope this blows up in his face.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
I’d trade cd for another teams young wr and a 1st and 2nd round pick in this years draft.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't know what to believe.

I would trade him to an AFC team but that's just me. We don't need three Superstars taking up 75% of the cap.
Trade value is no longer there, like it was prior to the draft.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Good, he can follow the PAPPY here or on Twitter of course I don't have 30 million to give him but hey he might learn a thing or two about how life works esp when your head is too big for your talent level.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This is why there is so much fan apathy right now.

The owner of the team does not care if the best player on the team gets a contract. Read that again.

So we are supposed to get excited for the season? Excited for the offseason? Excited to draft an excellent player knowing that he could be the best there is and the Jones dunces will just lowball and let them walk?

I've almost had it. Honestly.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Makes sense..

Dallas didn’t do anything this offseason so no real potential to do anything this yea anyways.
They didn’t do anything during the off-season so they would have the money to pay CeeDee and they still can’t. They knew a hold out was coming.

Chasing6

Reaction score
This is why there is so much fan apathy right now.

The owner of the team does not care if the best player on the team gets a contract. Read that again.

So we are supposed to get excited for the season? Excited for the offseason? Excited to draft an excellent player knowing that he could be the best there is and the Jones dunces will just lowball and let them walk?

I've almost had it. Honestly.
It means GM Jethro misread the tea leaves.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Good, he can follow the PAPPY here or on Twitter of course I don't have 30 million to give him but hey he might learn a thing or two about how life works esp when your head is too big for your talent level.
70m for Dak now lol you know its coming just to prove a point

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Then he's an idiot. Because the players have changed over the years but he's getting the same results. Are we expected to believe that every good player we have drafted and signed over the last two decades all are slugs when it counts?

Nope.
Yeah, I actually think so, and it isn't because of their talent. It's the cancerous culture that kills this team every time it makes the playoffs. The lack of accountability trickles down and permeates the culture.

Plus, it has become a vicious cycle. The identity of the team has become one of playoff chokers. The stats prove this, every fan of other teams thinks the Cowboys are a joke in the playoffs. Stephen A. Smith coined the "accident waiting to happen", and all of that has ingrained itself. Deep down inside, players on this team expect to blow it in the playoffs, and they consistently do so.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Told you he was pissed after the GB game.

This is why you don't wait until the last minute to negotiate.

If the player is being unreasonable then you trade them before the draft.

Reactions: CWR

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
70m for Dak now lol you know its coming just to prove a point
Nah the old man is setting Dakster up for a major fall performance-wise and forget any deals as Jerry is DONE with DAK!
Hey honestly speaking he's done it all for Dak from massive contracts, trading a 1st for Cooper, and having him pampered to death.
Dak is in his last season as a Dallas Cowboy!