Jerry Jones says Cowboys will NOT draft QB with no. 4 pick *Super Hot Pants Mega Merge*

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Again, you need to watch more game tape for evaluation purposes before saying what a player has done and can do accordingly, this stultified your entire argument.

I like it when posters drop a new word on me. I had never come across that one (or at least don't recall), and I pride myself on having a pretty rich vocabulary.

Thanks. :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like front office defense posturing to me.

Hey, I read somewhere.

I find a lot of similarities between Goff and Aaron Rodgers, not the least of which is that they both played at Cal.

For anyone interested, here's an interesting article that describes Rodgers' own questions and his fall in the 2005 draft. I see many if the same baseless criticisms being made of Goff now that I see being made of Rodgers then.

(And apparently, .38 inches is all it takes from having tiny hands to huge ones!)

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/04/24/aaron-rodgers-alex-smith-2005-nfl-draft

Anyway, I found it interesting, and maybe you guys will too.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where have you seen those? I would be interested to read them.

Both of these guys will be drafted in the top 10 this year, and one of them at #2 overall is virtually guaranteed. If Tennessee hadn't drafted their quarterback last year, do you think that Goff and Wentz would be off the board at #1 and #2?

I'd prefer something with more substance behind it. No disrespect, but this sounds like just a lot of opinion bias.

At this point I'm not going to spend any more time on the topic...

Come the end of April we'll see how things play out.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Sure thing. Guy who gets paid to cover the Cowboys messed it up, and not once, but twice, but anonymous internet guy has the real scoop.

What a joke!

:lmao:

It refutes everything.

Jack has said his medicals were fine along with Brugler and the scouts who were actually there at the combine.

Two weeks, you shall see!:omg:

So glad you believe everything Clarence says...LOL!:muttley::lmao2::lmao:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jack has said his medicals were fine along with Brugler and the scouts who were actually there at the combine.

Over you? Yeah, sorry.

And oh, "Jack said his medicals were fine"? Well, then. That settles it. I mean why would the player have any reason to lie?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Over you? Yeah, sorry.

And oh, "Jack said his medicals were fine"? Well, then. That settles it. I mean why would the player have any reason to lie?

Just like another poster told me Jack was lying when he said was currently 245 lbs before the combine and I was told he was lying to make size not a factor for draft purposes, problem with that argument is that if he weighed in under 245 lbs he would have been exposed as a liar at the combine, well he weighed in at 245 lbs!

Common sense tells you that when a large percentage of team doctors rocked his knee for 7 hours to check it out with the corresponding MRI and everything checks out, then it is safe for the player to say everything checked out.

If Jack is lying then all of these team doctors would know and he will be exposed as a liar for saying otherwise, lying would not help him because he has a pro day in two weeks.

The truth will be given once again, Jack shoots straight, I fully expect him to do everything because he has been lifting, running and training for some time.

They do re-checks in April regardless.

That knee is looking good, this was a month ago!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAingYVjfGx/?taken-by=myles_jack

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Clowney was far from a sure thing. His desire had been question by several draft experts. In fact, I remember several commentators saying that Khalil Mack was the better player. But the "talent" and "ceiling" factor won out.

But I predicted even before the draft Clowney wouldn't live up to his potential. He's lazy. He was lazy in high school, lazy in college and now he's lazy in the NFL.

Never chose lazy players, especially not at the top of the draft. I don't care how much talent they have.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming. :D

No player is a sure thing but many of the draft experts make it seem like some are. Most fell in love with Clowney due to his workouts. I believe he only had 3 sacks during his final college season but everyone was mesmerized by his great athletic ability. They looked at his size, speed, quickness making him appear as Superman to some. Some were concerned with a few things they saw on the field in college with him but they disregarded it because he was such a freak in shorts and a t-shirt.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Fact - both quarterbacks will end up drafted in the top 10. Deny that. If not, you've lost already.

Where did I deny both would be top 10 picks? You just keep looking for ways to start arguments. Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert were top 10 picks in 2011 because Tenn and JAX were desperate for a QB. Only a few years later both teams were once again taking QBs in the top 10. A lot of QBs go in the top 10 that end up never being worth a damn the list is a MILE long because teams need QBs. When you need a QB you have to gamble. Instead of continuing to divert and twist my comments list all these items you claim I'm wrong about and provide some facts to prove me wrong. You won't list anything because you can't prove anything I've said wrong because everything I've said is all based on facts.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just like another poster told me Jack was lying when he said was currently 245 lbs before the combine and I was told he was lying to make size not a factor for draft purposes, problem with that argument is that if he weighed in under 245 lbs he would have been exposed as a liar at the combine, well he weighed in at 245 lbs!

Common sense tells you that when a large percentage of team doctors rocked his knee for 7 hours to check it out with the corresponding MRI and everything checks out, then it is safe for the player to say everything checked out.

If Jack is lying then all of these team doctors would know and he will be exposed as a liar for saying otherwise, lying would not help him because he has a pro day in two weeks.

The truth will be given once again, Jack shoots straight, I fully expect him to do everything because he has been lifting, running and training for some time.

They do re-checks in April regardless.

That knee is looking good, this was a month ago!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAingYVjfGx/?taken-by=myles_jack

He does look fine there...
:omg:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where did I deny both would be top 10 picks? You just keep looking for ways to start arguments.

You quote was "nobody is head over heels for either of these guys", if they're drafted in the Top 10, at least two teams were "head over heels".

Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert were top 10 picks in 2011 because Tenn and JAX were desperate for a QB. Only a few years later both teams were once again taking QBs in the top 10. A lot of QBs go in the top 10 that end up never being worth a damn the list is a MILE long because teams need QBs. When you need a QB you have to gamble. Instead of continuing to divert and twist my comments list all these items you claim I'm wrong about and provide some facts to prove me wrong. You won't list anything because you can't prove anything I've said wrong because everything I've said is all based on facts.

You know what list is a MILE longer? The list of bust quarterbacks taken AFTER the first round. Unless maybe your idea is to never take one at all?

Yeah, more 'facts' there. So since Locker and Gabbert were busts, so are all of the other first round quarterbacks. A baseless generalization completely bereft of support or truth. Par for the course.

If you want to go through any numbers when trying to compare either Locker or Gabbert to Goff, you just let me know. But I doubt it because you don't deal in facts but your own unsupported opinions.

On a side note, here's a quality bit of research done showing when you have the best and worst chances for success when drafting quarterbacks, for those with the ability to read and understand such things anyway:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2014/nfl-draft-round-round-quarterback-data

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Fact - Goff put up better numbers in three years than Manning did in four.

But keep typing 100's of words to try to wiggle your way out of that too. Maybe the uninformed might not notice.

Where have I tried to wiggle out of the fact that Goff put up better numbers in 3 years than Manning did in 4 years??? Provide the post! All you keep doing is twisting my comments so you can continue to wiggle your way out of providing all these items you claim I'm wrong about. LOL You're pinned in a corner and keep trying to work your way out by claiming I've denied things I never did. Stop diverting and provide the list of items you claim I'm wrong about. If your MO is to make yourself look foolish you're doing an excellent job. So because Goff put up better numbers in 3 years than Peyton Manning did in 4 years that makes Goff the better prospect therefore he'll be the better NFL QB? That hole you're digging is getting deeper with every response. There's been many QBs put up better numbers in college than Peyton Manning and not one of them became a better NFL QB and not one of them were rated as high entering the draft as Peyton Manning.

Case Keenum is the all-time leading yardage leader in college football. Timmy Chang is the second all-time leading yardage leader. Goff is 26th on that list with QBs like Ty Detmer and Kellen Moore ahead of him. Peyton Manning is 48th on that list but he was one of the highest rated QBs to ever enter the draft. Only someone foolish would try and justify Goff being something special based off him putting up better numbers in college than Peyton Manning. You can't put too much stock in a college QBs numbers because some are system QBs that allow them to put up big numbers. You have to look at the competition level they're playing against which is another big contributing factor in their numbers. Curtis Painter put up almost as many yards at Purdue as Peyton Manning did at Tenn. Keep bringing it and I'll keep shooting it full of holes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where have I tried to wiggle out of the fact that Goff put up better numbers in 3 years than Manning did in 4 years??? Provide the post! All you keep doing is twisting my comments so you can continue to wiggle your way out of providing all these items you claim I'm wrong about. LOL You're pinned in a corner and keep trying to work your way out by claiming I've denied things I never did. Stop diverting and provide the list of items you claim I'm wrong about. If your MO is to make yourself look foolish you're doing an excellent job. So because Goff put up better numbers in 3 years than Peyton Manning did in 4 years that makes Goff the better prospect therefore he'll be the better NFL QB? That hole you're digging is getting deeper with every response. There's been many QBs put up better numbers in college than Peyton Manning and not one of them became a better NFL QB and not one of them were rated as high entering the draft as Peyton Manning.

I get your M.O. Now, you throw out flippant comments like "nobody is head over heels for these quarterbacks" and then wiggle out of them afterwards when the facts show that both guys will be drafted in the Top 10.

And then you'll throw out another one saying "there's no Peyton Manning in this draft", and then run when somebody actually shows you that one of the quarterbacks you're trying to cut down actually put up better numbers.

You try to hide in the great area and end up just looking like a fool. The only "hole" is the one that keeps challenging me in this thread.

Case Keenum is the all-time leading yardage leader in college football. Timmy Chang is the second all-time leading yardage leader. Goff is 26th on that list with QBs like Ty Detmer and Kellen Moore ahead of him. Peyton Manning is 48th on that list but he was one of the highest rated QBs to ever enter the draft. Only someone foolish would try and justify Goff being something special based off him putting up better numbers in college than Peyton Manning. You can't put too much stock in a college QBs numbers because some are system QBs that allow them to put up big numbers. You have to look at the competition level they're playing against which is another big contributing factor in their numbers. Curtis Painter put up almost as many yards at Purdue as Peyton Manning did at Tenn. Keep bringing it and I'll keep shooting it full of holes.

Me "keep bringing it up"? You were the guy who brought Peyton Manning's name into it in the first place, with your uninformed, ill-conceived "there's no Peyton Manning in this draft" comment! Do you really lack that much self-awareness?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You quote was "nobody is head over heels for either of these guys", if they're drafted in the Top 10, at least two teams were "head over heels".

You know what list is a MILE longer? The list of bust quarterbacks taken AFTER the first round. Unless maybe your idea is to never take one at all?

Yeah, more 'facts' there. So since Locker and Gabbert were busts, so are all of the other first round quarterbacks. A baseless generalization completely bereft of support or truth. Par for the course.

If you want to go through any numbers when trying to compare either Locker or Gabbert to Goff, you just let me know. But I doubt it because you don't deal in facts but your own unsupported opinions.

On a side note, here's a quality bit of research done showing when you have the best and worst chances for success when drafting quarterbacks, for those with the ability to read and understand such things anyway:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2014/nfl-draft-round-round-quarterback-data

Just because a team takes a QB in the top 10 doesn't mean they're head over heels in love with them. Washington would have rather had Andrew Luck but settled for RG3 because they were DESPERATE for a QB. You don't have to be in love with a QB to take them in the top 10 it all comes down to whether a team feels that QB is better than what they have. Naturally the list of QB busts in longer after the top 10 because it involves many more QBs. Of the top 5 greatest QBs to ever play the game only 2 Peyton Manning and John Elway were top 10 picks. Most of the greatest QBs to play the game were drafted after the top 10. Only 5 QBs taken #1 overall ever won a SB. I'm still waiting for that list of items you claim I was wrong about.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Jay Ajayi's medicals were fine as well and he was a 2nd round pick...uh wait.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just because a team takes a QB in the top 10 doesn't mean they're head over heels in love with them. Washington would have rather had Andrew Luck but settled for RG3 because they were DESPERATE for a QB.

What bull$#|+! But that's to be expected of you. So now, because you say so, Washington gave up three 1st round picks for a quarterback they "settled for"? Wow! Just...wow! Hang your head in shame.

You don't have to be in love with a QB to take them in the top 10 it all comes down to whether a team feels that QB is better than what they have.

No, just take one to take one, right? Use the top pick you have, just...because. I'm sensing some borderline personality disorder here.

Naturally the list of QB busts in longer after the top 10 because it involves many more QBs.

And the ignorance of the subject clearly shows its' head right here.

Of the top 5 greatest QBs to ever play the game only 2 Peyton Manning and John Elway were top 10 picks.

So 40 % of the top 5 greatest quarterbacks were top 10 picks? That sounds like a pretty great number to me! And further proof that it's a good idea to get one there. Thanks for the help in making my case!

Most of the greatest QBs to play the game were drafted after the top 10. Only 5 QBs taken #1 overall ever won a SB.

When did the Cowboys get the #1 overall pick? Did nobody tell me they traded up?

I'm still waiting for that list of items you claim I was wrong about.

Just look up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I get your M.O. Now, you throw out flippant comments like "nobody is head over heels for these quarterbacks" and then wiggle out of them afterwards when the facts show that both guys will be drafted in the Top 10.

And then you'll throw out another one saying "there's no Peyton Manning in this draft", and then run when somebody actually shows you that one of the quarterbacks you're trying to cut down actually put up better numbers.

You try to hide in the great area and end up just looking like a fool. The only "hole" is the one that keeps challenging me in this thread.

Me "keep bringing it up"? You were the guy who brought Peyton Manning's name into it in the first place, with your uninformed, ill-conceived "there's no Peyton Manning in this draft" comment! Do you really lack that much self-awareness?

You're the one who keeps trying to wiggle out of things. I have you digging holes like an angry little beaver I can almost hear the screws grinding in your head. lol None of these QBs coming out are looked at as John Elway, Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck. I haven't seen anyone rate either Goff of Wentz on par or ahead of Winston and Mariota. A few months ago all these QBs were looked at as average prospects but now that the college season is long over their stock is starting to rise faster than your temper it happens every year in Feb/March. By draft day some will be drooling over Goff and Wenz that's what happens when teams are desperate for a QB. They start looking better as the draft approaches like the girl at closing time. It's amazing how much better these college QBs start looking once we reach April. The more a team needs a QB the more attractive these QBs will look.

There isn't a Peyton Manning in this draft neither Wentz or Goff is rated near as high as Manning. Two of the biggest busts in NFL history were Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell. Russell and Brady Quinn were the first 2 QBs taken in 07 and both went bust. David Carr and Joey Harrington were the first 2 QBs taken in 02 and both went bust. Many in the Lions organization didn't want Harrington at #3 overall but they were desperate for a QB and gambled. If you're desperate for a QB you have to take your chances but the Cowboys aren't desperate for a QB so it would be foolish to pull the trigger on one at #4 overall. That's been my argument all along but you've tried twisting it into something else because that's your MO. I'm not saying don't take a QB I'm saying don't take one at #4 overall.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What bull$#|+! But that's to be expected of you. So now, because you say so, Washington gave up three 1st round picks for a quarterback they "settled for"? Wow! Just...wow! Hang your head in shame.

They settled for RG3 because most reports said they wanted Andrew Luck. Washington spent 2 decades looking for a QB investing a top 5 pick on Heath Shuler in 94 and a couple of other #1 picks on Jason Campbell and Patrick Ramsey. By 2012 they were DESPERATE and giving up the farm for RG3 showed they were DESPERATE. If they felt he was going to be the answer they would have never invested a 4th round pick on Kirk Cousins in that same draft. They wanted to be sure they covered themselves and it may have paid off. Even at the time some in the Commanders organization thought Cousins could end up being the better QB.

I'm sensing some borderline personality disorder here.

Then go seek some help. :thumbup:

So 40 % of the top 5 greatest quarterbacks were top 10 picks? That sounds like a pretty great number to me! And further proof that it's a good idea to get one there. Thanks for the help in making my case!

You have no case all the top 10 QB busts far out weigh the top 10 QBs who became franchise QBs. Your chances of landing a franchise QB in the top 10 is less than 50%. Pretty poor odds when you consider the draft pick you're investing in that player.