Jerry, Kraft, Mc Nair being deposed about Kaepernick

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hardy and Smith are 100x better players than Kaepernick.

They are also 100x's worse human beings.

Everyone claims to be a "american" but what does it say when you consider what those two morons did to what Kapernick did? Its not even in the same ballpark. Shouldn't even be in the same sentence .

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The facts are that #1 owners do not want employees hurting their bottom line and #2 coaches do not want a cancer on the team especially a QB. It all seems very sensible to me.

Any business owners on this board that say they would allow one of their employees to protest at the front door to their business, well I just call bs.
I could respect that if I didn't see these same owners bring cancers like Greg Hardy to their team or Jay Cutler. Or RGIII.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
They are also 100x's worse human beings.

Everyone claims to be a "american" but what does it say when you consider what those two morons did to what Kapernick did? Its not even in the same ballpark. Shouldn't even be in the same sentence .

Hardy got into a scuffle with a drugged up, drunken woman who was throwing objects at him. Because of this, he got a season in the league before his "on the field attitude" scared off other owners.

Kap is surrounding himself with people who is labeling owners slave owners, while running around with "Cops are pigs" socks - and this isn't even mentioning all his "Twitter activism"

Whether one is "worse" than the other here doesn't matter, they both gave reasons to scare off owners.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Neither do you since you support cop killer supporters
Now you're being childish.
First, yes, I do get to choose my heroes.
Second, if you think this is about supporting cop killers, no wonder you have no understanding of this issue.
But continue with your all-or-nothing perspective.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hardy got into a scuffle with a drugged up, drunken woman who was throwing objects at him. Because of this, he got a season in the league before his "on the field attitude" scared off other owners.

Kap is surrounding himself with people who is labeling owners slave owners, while running around with "Cops are pigs" socks - and this isn't even mentioning all his "Twitter activism"

Whether one is "worse" than the other here doesn't matter, they both gave reasons to scare off owners.

Kap isn't surrounding himself with anyone. He's gotten support from people in the military as well as other activists.

You can talk about his attire all you want.....but fact is...this league has hired rapists, murderers, alcoholics and drunk drivers and all Kap did was stand against oppression. What a scum bag he is.........

tyke1doe

Reaction score
But didn't Baltimore almost sign him earlier this season until his gf posted that dumb picture? Isn't that a sign that not all owners were in on the collusion?
I don't know if that is enough to prove their wasn't collusion.
Again, I would think Kap would have to prove that a group of owners got together and said, "We're not going to sign him."

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Kap isn't surrounding himself with anyone. He's gotten support from people in the military as well as other activists.

You can talk about his attire all you want.....but fact is...this league has hired rapists, murderers, alcoholics and drunk drivers and all Kap did was stand against oppression. What a scum bag he is.........

He's not sharing a home with these people, now is he? It's not just "anyone", it's his freakin' girlfriend. One that sent out an offensive tweet to make an owner that was trying to bring him in, look bad.

And whether the league has hired those people doesn't justify criticizing the league for not signing Kap. Kap is unemployed for good reason, despite an owner signing other awful people.

But there are plenty of other players who didn't get a second chance in this league after doing something stupid. If Kap was elite, if he was on a Brees/Brady/Rodgers level, he'd be signed. He's not, he's a backup at this point with added baggage.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Now you're being childish.
First, yes, I do get to choose my heroes.
Second, if you think this is about supporting cop killers, no wonder you have no understanding of this issue.
But continue with your all-or-nothing perspective.
People like him....they know what this is about. He keeps pushing the goal post back and changing the narrative. No one has supported any cop killers. Not once.

The problem people like him have is that they don't like how Kapernick is protesting.......but they can't complain about why he's protesting because it will make them look bad. So instead of acknowledging what's really going on and the real discussion here.......guys like that make up a narrative and argue against something that isn't even being argued. The topic here is police brutality. Oppression. Civil rights. Common decency.

But instead, these same people run and create a different narrative that is on par with what Kap is fighting against. They use the troops and the american flag deviate what the true discussion is.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
People like him....they know what this is about. He keeps pushing the goal post back and changing the narrative. No one has supported any cop killers. Not once.

The problem people like him have is that they don't like how Kapernick is protesting.......but they can't complain about why he's protesting because it will make them look bad. So instead of acknowledging what's really going on and the real discussion here.......guys like that make up a narrative and argue against something that isn't even being argued. The topic here is police brutality. Oppression. Civil rights. Common decency.

But instead, these same people run and create a different narrative that is on par with what Kap is fighting against. They use the troops and the american flag deviate what the true discussion is.
On the nosey!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's not sharing a home with these people, now is he? It's not just "anyone", it's his freakin' girlfriend. One that sent out an offensive tweet to make an owner that was trying to bring him in, look bad.

And whether the league has hired those people doesn't justify criticizing the league for not signing Kap. Kap is unemployed for good reason, despite an owner signing other awful people.

But there are plenty of other players who didn't get a second chance in this league after doing something stupid. If Kap was elite, if he was on a Brees/Brady/Rodgers level, he'd be signed. He's not, he's a backup at this point with added baggage.

My point is, this league has hired anyone. Guys who have done far worse than what Kap has done.

You shouldn't have to be Brees or Brady in order to get a job in this league. Not when Brock Oswelier has a job. Not when Jay Cutler has a job. They don't have to go above and beyond and be Aaron Rodgers. They are allowed to be terrible. But when it comes to Kapernick he has to be the best quarterback in the league to get a job. This is ridiculous.

rags747

Reaction score

The slight difference being is that all of those drug dealers, gf beaters, rapists and all of the other dregs of society never hurt the bottom line for these owners and were not QB's that usually need to be the leader of the team. Kap unfortunately for him decided that being QB was not fulfilling enough, once teams saw what was involved with everything Kap they made the choice to avoid like the plague. May not be fair, but certainly understandable to me at least. I would not want him on the Cowboys, I tune into watch football and that is all I am interested in.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The slight difference being is that all of those drug dealers, gf beaters, rapists and all of the other dregs of society never hurt the bottom line for these owners and were not QB's that usually need to be the leader of the team. Kap unfortunately for him decided that being QB was not fulfilling enough, once teams saw what was involved with everything Kap they made the choice to avoid like the plague. May not be fair, but certainly understandable to me at least. I would not want him on the Cowboys, I tune into watch football and that is all I am interested in.

You don't think all those woman beaters hurt the NFL? If you don't think it did.......go and see what Zeke is going through right now when there was no evidence even against him. He's paying the price because of the NFL's infatuation on having woman watch their product.

Let me say though....I get why Kapernick doesn't have a job. Its business. No doubt in my mind that's part of it.

What I disagree with is people pretending like he's not in the league because he's a bad player. His play on the field isn't why he isn't in the league.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
My point is, this league has hired anyone. Guys who have done far worse than what Kap has done.

You shouldn't have to be Brees or Brady in order to get a job in this league. Not when Brock Oswelier has a job. Not when Jay Cutler has a job. They don't have to go above and beyond and be Aaron Rodgers. They are allowed to be terrible. But when it comes to Kapernick he has to be the best quarterback in the league to get a job. This is ridiculous.

AGAIN, an owner in the past signing someone with a bad past =/= unjustified Kap being out of the league.

Kap has given justifiable reasons for owners to stay away from him. Wearing "cops are pigs" is bad optics, having a girl that runs to twitter and labels owners slave owners is bad optics.

This is harmful to teams and the NFL's image. EVEN IF an owner in the past took a risk on a player. Either way, Kap had a chance to be on a team, and he blew it.

And way to miss the point - no one said you have to be Brees and Brady. Just don't be a backup who can't shut up for a moment and make the NFL/Teams look bad.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You don't think all those woman beaters hurt the NFL? If you don't think it did.......go and see what Zeke is going through right now when there was no evidence even against him. He's paying the price because of the NFL's infatuation on having woman watch their product.

Let me say though....I get why Kapernick doesn't have a job. Its business. No doubt in my mind that's part of it.

What I disagree with is people pretending like he's not in the league because he's a bad player. His play on the field isn't why he isn't in the league.

Uh, no, people are saying he's a mediocre player with baggage.

canters

Reaction score

He has done some good things for sure with vets and homeless people. But he has some controversial people on his orbit. Google his girlfriend. The group she is a member of is more than mildly controversial.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He has done some good things for sure with vets and homeless people. But he has some controversial people on his orbit. Google his girlfriend. The group she is a member of is more than mildly controversial.

I'm well aware of who his girlfriend in. She works for Hot 97...a radio station in NY. I'm not familiar with what group you are referring to though.

CODE_BLUE56

Reaction score
Uh, no, people are saying he's a mediocre player with baggage.
Right, but it's both, Not one or the other. If he had no controversy surrounding him, he'd probably be on a team. If he was a better QB with the same baggage, he'd be on a team.

From a GM perspective, if you're bringing in Kap, you have the controversy and publicity to deal with, along with having Kaepernick learn the playbook and get up to speed in practice.

With that said, he probably can't be worse than Tom Savage, so maybe the Texans will pull the trigger?

rags747

Reaction score

Finally I think u and I can agree on something. Game coming up soon, I will be shocked if we make it competitive, but I will of course still watch. Good luck...