Jerry not interested on making changes w/Zack Martins contract?

mcmvp

Reaction score
So what does that actually say about the pkayer?
Nothing really, other than he’s an aging Guard. He’s tradable even at his age because he’s a special player. His position just doesn’t get the trade value other positions get. His value to the Cowboys as a leader of the line is way higher than what they’d get in return

I could easily argue the opposite for a player like Parsons. He would return so much in draft/player capital where it could be argued that trading him could ultimately make the team better. There are many people here who will think that is blasphemous, but they forget their team’s success in the 90s was the result of just such a trade.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Martin is aging. I would trade h for a good value pick and draft his replacement
Excellent strategy, how long did you consider this strategy before actually posting it?
Just curious because it is a really great idea.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Where was this mentality when you did Dak's deal.
I mean Dak went 2 years past getting tagged.. he didnt hold out early on a contract at all, Again im cool if you like/dont like Dak i just dont understand why we cant use facts when talking about him. Zeke well he held out early before getting a payday because he knew he wouldn't get one if he didnt. Zack is holding out on a contract he got paid the most of any OG..not saying Zack is wrong or right just presenting the facts.

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean Dak went 2 years past getting tagged.. he didnt hold out early on a contract at all, Again im cool if you like/dont like Dak i just dont understand why we cant use facts when talking about him. Zeke well he held out early before getting a payday because he knew he wouldn't get one if he didnt. Zack is holding out on a contract he got paid the most of any OG..not saying Zack is wrong or right just presenting the facts.
He overpaid Dak to the detriment of the team, do you think Dak earned his salary last year? I realize you like Dak, but Cooper ran the team every bit as well as Dak, at what salary? FACT.
If Cooper has a offense tailored to his strengths he may have been even more effective Now I'm not saying Rush could win you a Super Bowl, but I promise you Dak cannot. Sadly with this stacked team, it wouldn't even take much

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He overpaid Dak to the detriment of the team, do you think Dak earned his salary last year? I realize you like Dak, but Cooper ran the team every bit as well as Dak, at what salary? FACT.
If Cooper has a offense tailored to his strengths he may have been even more effective Now I'm not saying Rush could win you a Super Bowl, but I promise you Dak cannot. Sadly with this stacked team, it wouldn't even take much
Doesn't matter what i think, comparing Dak's contract situation to Zack's is a swing and miss... Jerry had 2 options with Dak, Pay him or let him walk and another team WOULD pay him regardless of what you think... Zack is fully under contract Jerry actually has all the control with many more options. Zack has little negotiating power here other than "Please look at what i bring to the team and restructure my Deal" because if Jerry doesn't Zack can lose 2 years of pay and be 2 years closer to retirement...jerry doesnt have to do anything with Zack's contract to be honest. Dak had all the leverage when negotiating because he played 2 prove it years on Tag and was going to be a full free agent at the time.

Havic

Reaction score
If we front loaded Martins contract like he wanted and is trying to get more with 2 years left, I hope Jerry holds. That's on Martin.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If we front loaded Martins contract like he wanted and is trying to get more with 2 years left, I hope Jerry holds. That's on Martin.
I get Martin asking, and honestly will not be suprised when they restructure, I dont think Zack will get a crazy restructure though and he shouldn't because basically he is trying to doubledip.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Martin wanted security with a heavily front-loaded contract. They gave that to him. Now it's time for Dallas to benefit, and he wants another deal.

Typical player mentality.

Tyron didn't do this. He honored his contact. Zack should show the same integrity
How is this different when teams do the same, except in reverse? Rams are trying that with Stafford now. they back loaded the contract and benefitted. Now he is getting paid big money in his later years and they want him to restructure. So many fans love when teams can get their guys signed as cheaply as possible. But these owners have brainwashed the masses into thinking this is some player's thing and fans take the owner's side. He's doing nothing different than what owners do all the time. When they think a player isn't worth their current deal. Well Martin thinks he is worth a lot more than his current deal.

Integrity? When it comes to NFL owners? Bwahahahaha. Good one.

Rayman70

Reaction score
200.gif
err Zack...

Rayman70

Reaction score
There are OGs and then there are OGs. Martin is one of the very best. They are not a dime a dozen. He would not be easily replaced for this season…and perhaps not the next
hes been great man, YES he isn't your typical guard, BUT we can survive long enuff without him or until he comes in here. Im not worried. The sky isn't falling. We did something very wrong if we can't plug a guy in for a while and still win games. Notice I said for a while. I don't wanna be without him on a permanent basis.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Guys and Gals, we about to find out what we have behind the starters, which is what camp is partly for anyway. This might be a blessing in a small way. Better to find out now rather than in season if he were to get hurt. My money is on Farniok to get reps at RG and do fairly well. Nobody is Zack, but they don't have to be. Just hold the fort til he decides to be here.