Jerry not interested on making changes w/Zack Martins contract?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Y'all get so swayed by what these fools say to the media and by the media themselves. Those saying Jerry didn't also take a public stance like this with Zeke have poor memories. Public posturing for PR or drama creation for more Cowboys publicity with a wink-wink agreement already worked out in the background.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
And I really don't care what some fan on a Dallas cowboy forum says I would rather trust that the Cowboys and their giant scouting staff and all the layers of management and professional coaches have a better idea how to build a team than you and I don't know what you mean addressed that they picked up Tyler Smith last year they found a gym in Terrence Steele they're developing tyler be oddish i mean you act like ....roster with just some average players.

LT-77 future HOFer
LG- Tyler smith-young 1st round beast will be the LT of the future once 77 retires.
C-TB very solid payer getting better.
RG-well supposed to be Martin and believe it will, future HOFer??
Terence Steele-UDFA surprise and is very good..

they also have Waletzko with potential for swing tackle.
drafted a kid that Tyler smiths size who knows?
brought in Edoga and others as FAs..

so that not addressing the line to your satisfaction? they only have so many Resouces and we still wont know if schooners will be good or not..its not a waste until it is..culd be the next Witten and we wont know it until 2-3 years from now.

so take that as ill trust the coaches, scouts, gms ec until we know it was mistake.. until then get over it

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Maybe so, but wouldn't you agree that perhaps, they could have done better on their 2nd round pick. I mean, just look at their track record. My understanding is that Jerry makes the 2nd round pick.Thats what has been said many times. You will never convince me that this organization is being ran properly. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I hate greedy players. All players should honor the contract THEY FRIGGIN SIGNED. Period. End of story.

But guess what, I hate Jerry and his spawn far more. The franchise would be better off if the two of them ended up going the Kobe Bryant route.

So where does that put me in regards to your 'boot licking fans' comment?
makes you a whiny boot licker

blueblood70

Reaction score
Maybe so, but wouldn't you agree that perhaps, they could have done better on their 2nd round pick. I mean, just look at their track record. My understanding is that Jerry makes the 2nd round pick.Thats what has been said many times. You will never convince me that this organization is being ran properly. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
No I can't...

can I be more clear??if you're talking to me,

we don't know how that pick's going to turn out for two to three years... so how about we hold off on the negativity and you think you're Nostradamus and think it was a bad pick what if this guy turns into a Hall of Famer or pro bowler we don't know it's not like we are set at tight end...

we let Dalton Schultz go wittens gone and now we've got guys that are needing to rise to the top they think they have something in the guy.

I'm going to trust them first , so no I disagree with you. You cannot judge a draft on draft day or in training camp or before snap is played in a live games and we get to see what the player looks like and that actually takes a couple of years.. So can I be more clear I don't agree with you at all those other alternate players you're thinking we need we don't know how they're going to turn out they could have been busted as well I mean do you have any proof that all right now NFL players what any of those picks are going to do, how they're going to compare,

it's not a maybe they're constantly addressing the offensive line, I just posted proof and you want to be argumentative.

Again fans look at this and go hey we just need to just keep adding to one position and we need pro bowlers all across the line and that's the only thing that is a possibility, it's not they have other positions of need on the team that they're addressing and they been doing it it's every year there's 30 and they've been doing it it's every year there's 30-40% turnover in players, its 24-7-365 job for the staff to figure out how to replace those Players etc. And many of those are for depth and role players.

So the jury is still out on the entire draft for all 32 teams none of those players that you think may have been a better choice have proven anything yet...Luke Schoonmaker may turn out to be good may turn out to be great or it may turn out to be a bust but we need to figure it out and I'm gonna trust again a professional staff over the fan base that doesn't seem to be happy with much of anything.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What? He’s not doing any better? Back to back 12 win seasons?
Who cares about the regular season? Until MM can advance the team beyond the divisional round of the playoffs, he's not improved on JG...... who won 13 games in 2016. So, Mike hasn't even risen to that level yet.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dak never got more money and never asked for more lol. Not even the same situation at all. But we know you have to find a way to fit Dak into this conversation somehow someway.
He’s talking about Dak’s contract he signed. Jerry waited to sign him and th
And I really don't care what some fan on a Dallas cowboy forum says I would rather trust that the Cowboys and their giant scouting staff and all the layers of management and professional coaches have a better idea how to build a team than you and I don't know what you mean addressed that they picked up Tyler Smith last year they found a gym in Terrence Steele they're developing tyler be oddish i mean you act like ....roster with just some average players.

LT-77 future HOFer
LG- Tyler smith-young 1st round beast will be the LT of the future once 77 retires.
C-TB very solid payer getting better.
RG-well supposed to be Martin and believe it will, future HOFer??
Terence Steele-UDFA surprise and is very good..

they also have Waletzko with potential for swing tackle.
drafted a kid that Tyler smiths size who knows?
brought in Edoga and others as FAs..

so that not addressing the line to your satisfaction? they only have so many Resouces and we still wont know if schooners will be good or not..its not a waste until it is..culd be the next Witten and we wont know it until 2-3 years from now.

so take that as ill trust the coaches, scouts, gms ec until we know it was mistake.. until then get over it
LOL. And for three decades they’ve shown they can’t put together a SB caliber roster. So why you put so much faith in them is kind of funny.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He averaged 3.8 yards a carry. Ware was past his prime.

Martin is still playing at a high level therefore he won’t be cut

Not sure what your point about Jerry is. We all know he’s the owner and won’t fire himself,
My point remains the same no matter how much you defend his actions..... Jerry does not honor his signature anymore than the players do.

They both do what's best for themselves and use any loophole to do such.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My point remains the same no matter how much you defend his actions..... Jerry does not honor his signature anymore than the players do.

They both do what's best for themselves and use any loophole to do such.
Well I never disagreed with that lol. I verbatim said Martin has a right to seek more money. Jerry has a right not to pay it. Jerry flaws and all is handling this the correct way. Sucks it’s Martin but he’s handling this correctly.

I don’t defend his actions I’m defending this singular action. He’s handling this like a good GM should.

Sydla

Reaction score
You are so far off based with me on this.
What part of salary cap does not affect his overall profits do you not understand?

Also, I was not attacking players so DO NOT include me in that part of your little tirade.
I mean cap and profits aren’t unrelated.

And FWIW, over the last three years, the Cowboys are one of the least cash spending teams in the league.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who cares about the regular season? Until MM can advance the team beyond the divisional round of the playoffs, he's not improved on JG...... who won 13 games in 2016. So, Mike hasn't even risen to that level yet.
What in the hell? McCarthy is at fault because Pollard got hurt and Dak didn’t play well? Insane. You have to be a hater for blind to think JG and Mike are on the same level. They won in spite of JG not because of him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s talking about Dak’s contract he signed. Jerry waited to sign him and th

LOL. And for three decades they’ve shown they can’t put together a SB caliber roster. So why you put so much faith in them is kind of funny.
I’m confused he’s trying to say what?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Exactly, and he totally expected Jerry to hold up his end of the contract. But now that the shoe is on the other foot, Martin shouldn't be expected to honor his contract the way he expected Jerry to honor his??
Like you glim, I don't want him to "pick up his toys and go home" either. He's a great player and I certainly don't want to lose him, but ultimately a contract is a contract. It's a guarantee, and your signature is your word. To me, that's the bottom line.
This is what surprises me. It’s not like Martin to do this. I think his agent is in his ear. Those agents are sketchy.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well I never disagreed with that lol. I verbatim said Martin has a right to seek more money. Jerry has a right not to pay it. Jerry flaws and all is handling this the correct way. Sucks it’s Martin but he’s handling this correctly.

I don’t defend his actions I’m defending this singular action. He’s handling this like a good GM should.
Fair enough

I just hate how he picks and chooses when to be a good GM and when to be a fanboy playing fantasy football.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
No I can't...

can I be more clear??if you're talking to me,

we don't know how that pick's going to turn out for two to three years... so how about we hold off on the negativity and you think you're Nostradamus and think it was a bad pick what if this guy turns into a Hall of Famer or pro bowler we don't know it's not like we are set at tight end...

we let Dalton Schultz go wittens gone and now we've got guys that are needing to rise to the top they think they have something in the guy.

I'm going to trust them first , so no I disagree with you. You cannot judge a draft on draft day or in training camp or before snap is played in a live games and we get to see what the player looks like and that actually takes a couple of years.. So can I be more clear I don't agree with you at all those other alternate players you're thinking we need we don't know how they're going to turn out they could have been busted as well I mean do you have any proof that all right now NFL players what any of those picks are going to do, how they're going to compare,

it's not a maybe they're constantly addressing the offensive line, I just posted proof and you want to be argumentative.

Again fans look at this and go hey we just need to just keep adding to one position and we need pro bowlers all across the line and that's the only thing that is a possibility, it's not they have other positions of need on the team that they're addressing and they been doing it it's every year there's 30 and they've been doing it it's every year there's 30-40% turnover in players, its 24-7-365 job for the staff to figure out how to replace those Players etc. And many of those are for depth and role players.

So the jury is still out on the entire draft for all 32 teams none of those players that you think may have been a better choice have proven anything yet...Luke Schoonmaker may turn out to be good may turn out to be great or it may turn out to be a bust but we need to figure it out and I'm gonna trust again a professional staff over the fan base that doesn't seem to be happy with much of anything.:bow:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Fair enough

I just hate how he picks and chooses when to be a good GM and when to be a fanboy playing fantasy football.
And my biggest gripe with Jerry is him talking to the media about it. He always likes to try to sway public opinion. Not good when you're talking about one of the best on the team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And my biggest gripe with Jerry is him talking to the media about it. He always likes to try to sway public opinion. Not good when you're talking about one of the best on the team.
That’s kind of what confused me when he talked about Martin. Represented a colder side of Jerry. Yeah he said the whole “can’t pay everyone”‘crap I don’t believe but I respect him standing on business.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean cap and profits aren’t unrelated.

And FWIW, over the last three years, the Cowboys are one of the least cash spending teams in the league.
Teams have a minimum they must spend, as well as we know the cap is the most.

So a team has $30 million in cap space. So they make a little bit of money on interest or whatever. That is minuscule for profits.

Fans refuse to understand this, so they can just bash Jerry. I just find it funny how this is not understood.