Jerry not interested on making changes w/Zack Martins contract?

triplets_93

Reaction score
I couldn't take... Last night, on all of the local sports shows, were exclusive interviews with Jerrah.
The delusional bubble that that man lives in is something!

"Money is not all important to me. I would spend whatever it took to get a SB team on the field."

Jerry, if getting a SB was #1 on your list, then you would fire the GM and hire somone that could effectively do the job.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Brady did it his whole career.

This is where Dak irritates me. He probably makes more in endorsements and won't take less to win a superbowl. But he gets those endorsements for only 1 reason, he's the qb of the Dallas Cowboys. And that's the only reason. Once he's gone those endorsements are too once the contracts run out.

I hear you. There was a time when Dak got paid less than 1 million a year and played at a top 10 level. Maybe one or more years. He signed the contract so that’s what he got..

JJ used that to take the longest look at a potential starting NFL QB ever it seemed. JJ signed him and the team has changed since 2016.. I want what’s best for the team. Not an anti or pro Dak. Just looking at what happened.

Gonna root for my team this season. I can’t blame players for getting what they should. Dak could have taken less and made it vocal about why he did it or just taken less and kept his mouth shut.

How many times have you seen that happen. Yeah brady who had a supermodel wife that made more than him. Even they ain’t doing so well these days.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

This is where Dak irritates me. He probably makes more in endorsements and won't take less to win a superbowl. But he gets those endorsements for only 1 reason, he's the qb of the Dallas Cowboys. And that's the only reason. Once he's gone those endorsements are too once the contracts run out.
Brady absolutely did not sacrifice money his whole career.
Fact check yourself.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
And I'd say that it's time for fans to stop saying nonsensical things since The Jets had to trade draft picks to get the guy and then restructure his contract.. So let's get your hands out of Prescott's pockets and stop telling him what he should do why don't you also list the other eight quarterbacks that make more money than him right now and some that are due for more should they take less the answer is no because that's not how this works and given the fact that Rogers has made a lot more money over time then Prescott has I'd say that you're barking up the wrong tree

I think it's ironic that Russell Wilson not only forced a trade was given a Cortana draft resources for the guy and then they turn around and give them an extension to a huge deal why are you not in his pockets.. I mean deshaun Watson hasn't done a thing in the NFL I mean he's done less than Prescott and he makes more money it's all guaranteed why don't you get in his pockets I mean there are at least eight quarterbacks right now that make more money than Prescott and you want him to take a pay cut??.

I think fans need to stay out of this contract business and the salary cap and who should make more and who should make less I mean there's professionals handling all this you being in the business of players and their money is ridiculous because you're not walking in and taking less from your boss or taking a pay cut. Because that's not what normal people do they all have a right to maximize their value and right now Prescott's contract is like 8th on the money list for quarterbacks but all of a sudden he's the problem no they owed him this money because he took a lot less the first three years on the contract and now his money came due now somehow fans want him to take less.. Again as a fan we're here to watch games debate games talk about players but I'm really sick and tired of all the money talk it is none of anyone's business.
LOL....... WENTZ 2.0 has been a disappointment since the 2017 season. Every year the fans sit back and watch this over hyped slacker implode and we were ecstatic when Parsons stepped to the front of the line and put the 9er loss squarely on WENTZ 2.0 for his less than mediocre play in that game. I don't expect this slacker to play any better this year, but I'm sure you'll be at the front of the butt kissing line when we'll have to listen to excuse after excuse why he couldn't get this club to the next level!

Gaede

Reaction score
You are so far off based with me on this.
What part of salary cap does not affect his overall profits do you not understand?

Also, I was not attacking players so DO NOT include me in that part of your little tirade.
I'm not referring to the salary cap. I'm referring to Jerry's attitude, and one poster's support of it. The point I am making is that some people will invariably support the owner in a contract dispute by reasoning 'the player should care more about the team, and less about himself', when they refuse to apply that same logic to the owner, who absolutely and irrefutably cares more about himself than the success of the team or the wellbeing of the players.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't understand the cap? LOL.

You are the one parroting Jerry's talking points here. For example, extending Martin should not prevent them in anyway from being able to extend Parsons and Lamb under their caps going forward. It's a BS talking point.

Jerry is painting himself into a corner on this given the $23 million cap hit next year for Martin. He's either going to have to cut Martin this offseason or do what he claims he won't do now - extend Martin. Unless of course Jerry decides letting Martin play out his contract and the team take on a $23 million cap hit next year for Martin is smart cap management. LOL.
I did not parrot anyone. Stop making things up to justify your own false narrative.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not referring to the salary cap. I'm referring to Jerry's attitude, and one poster's support of it. The point I am making is that some people will invariably support the owner in a contract dispute by reasoning 'the player should care more about the team, and less about himself', when they refuse to apply that same logic to the owner, who absolutely and irrefutably cares more about himself than the success of the team or the wellbeing of the players.
I am not supporting Jerry nor Martin. Just telling the facts that Jerry is not being that way to keep an extra few bucks in his pocket.

Rayman70

Reaction score

wait a sec, is chat sports and Tom Downey an official source? Enquiring minds wanna know? ha ha. Btw, I like Tm Downey and stuff but hes misguided here. Then he fails to mention Zack has 2 years left on his current deal. Why does Jerry have to extend him right this sec?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak never got more money and never asked for more lol. Not even the same situation at all. But we know you have to find a way to fit Dak into this conversation somehow someway.
Never asked for more money??? I call BS!!! He was offered a 5-year deal averaging $32.5M/year and he turned it down and played on the franchise tag to force more money from JJ.....so your post is a lie.

blueblood70

Reaction score
LOL....... WENTZ 2.0 has been a disappointment since the 2017 season. Every year the fans sit back and watch this over hyped slacker implode and we were ecstatic when Parsons stepped to the front of the line and put the 9er loss squarely on WENTZ 2.0 for his less than mediocre play in that game. I don't expect this slacker to play any better this year, but I'm sure you'll be at the front of the butt kissing line when we'll have to listen to excuse after excuse why he couldn't get this club to the next level!
Overheight slacker right Prescott doesn't work hard he doesn't try to perfect his game he doesn't have trainers I mean nobody said that ever but you so we have to sit back and listen to the dribble bye alleged fanbase who absolutely have no football IQ whatsoever because they believe that a quarterback should overcome the deficiencies of the team literally that's the problem our team is not good enough to overcome any anything less than perfect against teams like the 49ers that's a fact. See when you work it starting with HE instead of TEA M...LOL UMM OK

That's the problem, this is a team game,

that offensive line has not been good in the playoffs, last three playoff games go ahead and break down that offensive line both blocking and in the run game and you're going to find out there is no run game the blocking is suspect that's why they were bottom 10 and pass rush win rate because they are having way too dirty of a pocket and then you on the other end you have Noah brown as the number two wide receiver for most of the last year with a unhealthy gallup.. you pulled all of Prescott's weapons and told them to go out with a new offensive line that then got injured and reshuffled over and over and just said they go do it by yourself!?? righhtt......​
because that's what some clueless fans think they should do.. But good try though and thanks for reminding me I got to put you back on ignore because I can't listen to people with no football IQ when they don't even know what the word team means and they put all of it on one player it's just a joke of a fan base.​
By the way here's a list of your heroes that were allegedly better then Prescott or Tony Romo and you're gonna find out it was quite the opposite they made plenty of mistakes the biggest thing is they had better coaching and a better team around them they overcame mistakes much like you saw Matthew Stafford have 20 turnovers 2 in the Super bowl and still be able to win a championship why because they just simply had a better team. They are not asking one player to be a hero or be perfect because that's what this sand base expects Prescott to be is perfect every snap of every practice and every game is being broke down as if this guy is trying to eradicate cancer or something. No it's just football and we all know that football players are not perfect if they're expected to be perfect there's a problem with the team concept.​
you heroes made huge mistakes ,​
roger

td 153-109 ints Playoffs 24td 19INTs(umm none of those critical LMAO) UMM OK

Troy-

165-141 playoffs 23tds-17 INts(right none critical huh?) no way jimmy would have put up with that

Dwhite

155-132 playoffs 15-17 WOW no way TL puts up with mistakes at critical time LOL

Romo

248-117 playoffs 8 tds 2 INts show me the critical INts hmm his td-int ratio is much better

Dak

166-65 playoffs 11-5ints

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Brady absolutely did not sacrifice money his whole career.
Fact check yourself.
3 years with the Bucs: $97.8 Million big ones
20 years with Pats: $235 Million big ones

AR: $305 Million big ones thus far in his career, and close to $60 big ones next year. He has played 6 years less than TB 12

You decide if he has sacrificed money in the NFL or not

Sydla

Reaction score

Sturm gets it.

Martin is a rare case. It’s not like he’s Michael Gallup here demanding a new deal. He’s one of the best OL in the league, arguably your best and most consistent offensive player, and a team leader.

Plus, with a 23 million cap hit next year, there are some potential benefits to the Cowboys to redo his deal.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Sturm gets it.

Martin is a rare case. It’s not like he’s Michael Gallup here demanding a new deal. He’s one of the best OL in the league, arguably your best and most consistent offensive player, and a team leader.

Plus, with a 23 million cap hit next year, there are some potential benefits to the Cowboys to redo his deal.
That is a huge part of why I'd extend him now. You need to do it anyway next year and they have restructured him every single year so you know they will. They should have just done it privately before he held out and it would have been universally lauded. Now they brought the whole rewarding a guy who holds out angle into it.

Sydla

Reaction score
That is a huge part of why I'd extend him now. You need to do it anyway next year and they have restructured him every single year so you know they will. They should have just done it privately before he held out and it would have been universally lauded. Now they brought the whole rewarding a guy who holds out angle into it.
LOL so true. If they had done it quietly the same guys defending Jerry here for holding strong would be praising him for rewarding one of our best players.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Never asked for more money??? I call BS!!! He was offered a 5-year deal averaging $32.5M/year and he turned it down and played on the franchise tag to force more money from JJ.....so your post is a lie.

First off you don’t know what money he got offered. Second, You just admitted he was on the franchise tag......so that means he didn't have a deal so how can he ask for more money if he didn't have a deal? Make it make sense.....

blueblood70

Reaction score

Dude are you serious what kind of ridiculous statement is that??? you think somehow taking less money correlates to A championship?

let me know the last time that Emmett Smith didn't hold out for Max money and that 90s team many of them dudes got paid big they were some of the top paid players just like these guys are.. Every team has the same salary cap and they're able to fit players within the cap some of them are Patrick mahomes.... he's one of the top paid quarterbacks in the league and they're winning Super Bowl somehow when did he take less matter of fact they just came to him now they're giving them more money and he didn't even ask. how is it even possible then he makes so much money and they won a Super Bowl? Why in the world is Prescott's contract way down at #8 in overall average yearly quarterback pay scale and these other quarterbacks are now coming in with Lamar Jackson Justin Herbert Murray Deshaun Watson they all make a lot more money than Prescott, so what's the deal here it's just you want our quarterback to take less money,

show me the guarantee where if he takes less money we automatically win a Super Bowl, why is his money holding us back given he was on rookie deal and FT tag for 5years, then his first 2 years under 40 on his new deal and now it comes ti me to pay up on that backloaded deal and its too much? we didn't win with him on a cheaper deal for 6 years..

What players aren't being paid? Why are you in another man's money in his bag this place is out of control with the salary cap and money stuff other teams seem to find a way around it they have highly paid quarterbacks as well.

why doesn't the league just stop paying quarterbacks then?

Daniel Jones just got 42 million why is that he's not better than Prescott?? Salaries are going up not down for most positions especially at quarterback why is it Prescott the one that needs to take less?