Twitter: Jerry on why he talks more than other owners and GMs

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I made no such claim. :rolleyes:

Jerry, not me, is the one who said he does things differently. I took him at his word. My bad.
If only Jerry did things like about 25 of the other teams in the league..... then wed be winners....lol. Like the Bears, Jets..... and on and on and on and on... and even the Bengals... one hit wonders.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So do the Rams have a great culture? I guess since the Bengals struck gold last year, their culture is off the charts, yes? I NEVER hear from the Giants owners, so Im assuming that culture is fantastic. Hows that culture working our for them? I couldnt tell you who the Jets owner or GM is..... must be wonderful over there.

Hey, the Chargers owner and GM is pretty incognito, they must be winning SBs every other year......smh

IM thinking if one Patrick Mahomes was our QB, all of the sudden our "Culture," would be fantastic.
Maybe so but we don’t have Mahomes. And why can’t this Owner, Pres and GM go out and get one of these Elite QB’s. And he’d probably find a way to screw that up to.

Remember this is an owner who screwed up the greatest team the Cowboys ever had because of his ego.

And instead of comparing Jethro to the franchises who haven’t had as much success in same era why not compare him to the ones who have?

I though he said his ways would provide us an advantage . Bull crap !!!

Creeper

Reaction score
The question was about Jerry talking to the media so much, wasn't it? The answer is a bunch of nonsense. And there is nothing a manage of people hates more than when his boss goes directly to the people the manager is managing. It creates confusion about the goals, and it gives the underlings the sense that the immediate boss does not have the authority to manage them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Jerry owned the Jaguars do you think hed be so great as a promoter? Jerry isnt a great promoter.... he owns a self promoting franchise. EVERY Fing year the media jumps on any storyline they can if it involves the Cowboys. The Raiders are 0-3 after splashing in the free agency market this past off season and nobody on espn gives a damn. Dak went to dinner last night and used his throwing hand to cut his steak dinner and it is the leading story on 4 of the main sports talk shows the next day. You think that is because of Jerry?

Damn, wake up people. The Cowboys are media gold. If Jerry died tomorrow and stephen took over and never spoke to the media for the rest of his life, you think the media would stay away from the Cowboys?
I don’t watch the national media sports news . Especially on Cowboys. I couldn’t tell ya.

But yea , Jethro optimizes an Iconic brand. No doubt.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If only Jerry did things like about 25 of the other teams in the league..... then wed be winners....lol. Like the Bears, Jets..... and on and on and on and on... and even the Bengals... one hit wonders.
There you go again using the poor part of the league as a comparison instead of the more successful. That’s who we used to compare our franchise with.

Yea, we should be thrilled we don’t suk as much as the Jets and Lions . Great job Jethro. Lol

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
How much talent do we have on this roster? Id say a lot... but I know, our GM doesnt have anything to do with that, just the bad stuff.

Our talent has nothing to do with Jerry or even Stephen. McClay does the work for them. Jerry is just a figurehead that pretends to know football. He doesn't.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Calls it one of the positives of the Cowboys structure.

"I talk to players when a coach might not know that." Hmmm...what happens he says one thing and a coach says another?

Perfect summation of how the organization is jacked up and dysfunctional. No order, protocol, lanes, boundaries, defined authority structure, or accountability.

Thanks for articulating what we all knew was wrong with the Good Ship Lollipop, Jer

LOL

cowboyed

Reaction score
The Cowboys likely have the longest held executive management positions of any team in NFL history with Jerry as GM and Stephen as vice-president of player personnel.
Since they are family members in key positions they can tread hot water, feeling no pain, when too often their short-sightedness has led our team only to sporadic post season entry with little success over a span of two and half decades.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys likely have the longest held executive management positions of any team in NFL history with Jerry as GM and Stephen as vice-president of player personnel.
Since they are family members in key positions they can tread hot water, feeling no pain, when too often their short-sightedness has led our team only to sporadic post season entry with little success over a span of two and half decades.
Yep

And where we have failed as fans and patrons of our once proud franchise whether it’s directly or directly , we haven’t held them financially accountable which has allowed them to continue their ways without more success on the field.

Basically we have been sending our ownership the wrong message if we truly want change . With our popularity and revenue continuing to flourish they must be thinking we approve of the work they have done .

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Jerry owned the Jaguars do you think hed be so great as a promoter? Jerry isnt a great promoter.... he owns a self promoting franchise. EVERY Fing year the media jumps on any storyline they can if it involves the Cowboys. The Raiders are 0-3 after splashing in the free agency market this past off season and nobody on espn gives a damn. Dak went to dinner last night and used his throwing hand to cut his steak dinner and it is the leading story on 4 of the main sports talk shows the next day. You think that is because of Jerry?

Damn, wake up people. The Cowboys are media gold. If Jerry died tomorrow and stephen took over and never spoke to the media for the rest of his life, you think the media would stay away from the Cowboys?
Saty away? No. Would they have much less to talk about? Oh yeah

mcmvp

Reaction score
Calls it one of the positives of the Cowboys structure.

"I talk to players when a coach might not know that." Hmmm...what happens he says one thing and a coach says another?

That’s Jerry trying to sell ice cubes to Eskimos

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Saty away? No. Would they have much less to talk about? Oh yeah
I disagree, theyd find something to talk about. And even then, Jerry's midweek conversations with the media has zero to with the games once that whistle blows, regardless of what everyone likes to think.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Our talent has nothing to do with Jerry or even Stephen. McClay does the work for them. Jerry is just a figurehead that pretends to know football. He doesn't.
Seeing how Jerry actually played D1 football and has been in the innerworkings of the Dallas Cowboys for aboyt 30 years, Id say he knows more about football than every person in this forum. People just cant stand his schuckster approach to conversations, but the man is damn smart.

I love how we want to give all the credit to Mcclay, yet I dont remember anyone blaming him when Tyron went down and they were blaming the front office for not being better prepared with our oline... which looks damn good right about now.
Also, remember everyone bashing Jerry when Dak went down about our backup qb??? Where are all those people right now? We have a very quality backup for budget prices. Id say the front office hit the jackpot there, but everyone will simply say it is luck, just ike getting Dak, and just like getting Parsons since we know they didnt want Parsons and he just fell to us.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I disagree, theyd find something to talk about. And even then, Jerry's midweek conversations with the media has zero to with the games once that whistle blows, regardless of what everyone likes to think.
But it’s the atmosphere and culture which leads up to game time which muddy the waters.

Not to mention whatever influence he might have in the schemes going into to the games . Remember he sits in on team meetings .

And we also know he is on occasion coming down at halftime in the locker room. We’ve even seen him run down on the sidelines getting in the coaches ear.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
There you go again using the poor part of the league as a comparison instead of the more successful. That’s who we used to compare our franchise with.

Yea, we should be thrilled we don’t suk as much as the Jets and Lions . Great job Jethro. Lol

compare to the ore successful? Like... the Pats? They suck (no Brady). The Steelers? They suck (No Ben) The Saints? They suck (No Brees) The Bengals? They suck, they put together a nice 5 week run out of the past 25 years and now all of the sudden they are the gold standard?

I compare us to the LEAGUE as a whole. The league goes up and down each year and it mostly is due to the QB play, not the great job the GM is doing. Notice the teams that were the gold standard just a few years ago now suck since their HOF qb is gone? Coincidence? I think not.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Seeing how Jerry actually played D1 football and has been in the innerworkings of the Dallas Cowboys for aboyt 30 years, Id say he knows more about football than every person in this forum. People just cant stand his schuckster approach to conversations, but the man is damn smart.

I love how we want to give all the credit to Mcclay, yet I dont remember anyone blaming him when Tyron went down and they were blaming the front office for not being better prepared with our oline... which looks damn good right about now.
Also, remember everyone bashing Jerry when Dak went down about our backup qb??? Where are all those people right now? We have a very quality backup for budget prices. Id say the front office hit the jackpot there, but everyone will simply say it is luck, just ike getting Dak, and just like getting Parsons since we know they didnt want Parsons and he just fell to us.
You’re becoming Jethro’s biggest fan . Lol

In the end Jethro gets the credit and the blame . And we shall see what the end results deliver.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don’t watch the national media sports news . Especially on Cowboys. I couldn’t tell ya.

But yea , Jethro optimizes an Iconic brand. No doubt.
Honestly, I dont watch them hardly ever anymore. Its just all BS and made up stories just to have something to talk about. I cant stand the yelling and fake bro mentality vs just straight analysis. I LOVE the Manning's. Everything about them is GOLD. They are hilarious and they have as much football knowledge and love for football as anyone on the planet.