Jerry, please stop insulting our intelligence

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I would think that fans on this forum have a better pulse on the team than even Jerry does as owner/GM. And smarter too as far as players/coaches/schemes/etc.

Jerry and Stephen just look at their bank account and feel they are doing an excellent job.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I would think that fans on this forum have a better pulse on the team than even Jerry does as owner/GM. And smarter too as far as players/coaches/schemes/etc.

Jerry and Stephen just look at their bank account and feel they are doing an excellent job.

Well yeah, because we discuss football, and we have posters here who are really good at breaking down film. We have posters here who coach. We have posters here who have seen this team since it's inception. There's much that can be learned, and forums like this are a great way to grow football IQ. Maybe that's why they didn't want the old forum lol.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well yeah, because we discuss football, and we have posters here who are really good at breaking down film. We have posters here who coach. We have posters here who have seen this team since it's inception. There's much that can be learned, and forums like this are a great way to grow football IQ. Maybe that's why they didn't want the old forum lol.
Well when Jerry has meetings with his CEO and President of Operations, I wonder what they talk about.

I am sure there must be some deep discussions taking place about how to move this team forward.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well when Jerry has meetings with his CEO and President of Operations, I wonder what they talk about.

I am sure there must be some deep discussions taking place about how to move this team forward.

Lol, I would imagine so. The mirror is probably really enjoying the conversation.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I understand that, but I think you can also understand me wanting this team to be more than it is. I think this team can be much better than it is. I'm not trying to stoop down. I'm trying to express that I think we could have been better with Henry.
I think we can be better...I also know that other than venting, which is good for some, there is nothing we can do to change it. And like someone said earlier, Henry probably wouldn't do here what he's doing with Jackson and that OLine in Baltimore....guessing at what could've, should've been, is insulting my intelligence. Two sides to every story.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think we can be better...I also know that other than venting, which is good for some, there is nothing we can do to change it. And like someone said earlier, Henry probably wouldn't do here what he's doing with Jackson and that OLine in Baltimore....guessing at what could've, should've been, is insulting my intelligence. Two sides to every story.
We did not need him to do what he is doing there. We only needed 4.5 yards a carry and for him to keep a defense honest.

Pollard did not have a great year last year, but he kept the defense honest.

We are a 1 dimensional passing team, with 1 legit weapon. That is not really that difficult to game plan for in the NFL.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Fur sure, but wouldn't the oline coach be able to create some blocking schemes that can benefit them? I mean, it probably wouldn't look like what he has in Baltimore, but it'd probably be good in a different way here. Not to mention that Dak could then use the PA, which is a strength of his. Not to mention that I think DH could get 4+ yards a carry even with this offense. Our RedZone offense would be much better because we'd be able to run. My frustration and venting is because of the fact we have no run game, which sets the rest of the offense up to fail. Even Brady was pointing out our lackluster RedZone offense. We do move the ball reasonably well actually between the 20s. Our issue is inside the 20s because we can't run very well.

Last edited:

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
More and more fans are realizing not only how bad JJ is as a GM, but more importantly how little he really cares for the team or its fans.

What I mean about not caring about this team is this: If Jerry Jones really cared about the great history and reputation of this franchise he would step down. He cares more about himself and his pathetic ego than our beloved Cowboys. There is no question about that.
One of my favorite authors/thinkers was Christopher Hitchens. He offered 2 rules of life that I live by:

- What can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

- Judge politicians by this rule: What kind of fool do you take me for? I know you can't live up to all your promises...so you're definitely fooling me...but what KIND OF FOOL (idiot, nimrod, cult-follower, beta boy,etc.) do you take me for? In other words, is there ANY respect for my intelligence when you're trying to win my vote>

By those 2 measures, Jerry is a con-man. Pure and simple.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We did not need him to do what he is doing there. We only needed 4.5 yards a carry and for him to keep a defense honest.

We are a 1 dimensional passing team, with 1 legit weapon. That is not really that difficult to game plan for in the NFL.

Exactly, and that's the point I'm trying to make. The issue isn't so much whether he'd be what he is in Baltimore. The issue is that we are 1 dimensional, which is nearly impossible to win from in the NFL. A big part of the trouble with our RedZone offense is we haven't got a running game. Tom Brady pointed that out. When we get inside the 20, we need to be able to run the ball. That's Henry's specialty. And even if we didn't get Henry, surely we could have gotten someone better than what we have. Barkley might have been an option. We could've drafted someone whose skill set is RedZone running. The point is, football 101 says we need to be able to run the ball in the RedZone.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

We are what we are.....how can you change that? We can all find the negatives, can we provide solutions?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
That OL isn’t even in the top 10 listed in another thread. Let’s not pretend that it is an OL filled with All Pro players. Henry has built his career much like Barry Sanders. Average to mediocre lines.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fur sure, but wouldn't the oline coach be able to create some blocking schemes that can benefit them? I mean, it probably wouldn't look like what he has in Baltimore, but it'd probably be good in a different way here. Not to mention that Dak could then use the PA, which is a strength of his. Not to mention that I think DH could get 4+ yards a carry even with this offense. Our RedZone offense would be much better because we'd be able to run. My frustration and venting is because of the fact we have no run game, which sets the rest of the offense up to fail.
Again, guessing....maybe, maybe not. Hey, if that rhetoric helps you enjoy the game, more power to you. All I see is a good, exciting young fan not enjoying it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We are what we are.....how can you change that? We can all find the negatives, can we provide solutions?

Well, perhaps there are a few options? If we want to try to make a run for the rest of the season, maybe we can try to trade a 6 for Travis Etienne from Jacksonville? He might be an option that can give us a spark on the running game. Especially with the emergence of Bigsby, they might be willing to move Etienne.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That OL isn’t even in the top 10 listed in another thread. Let’s not pretend that it is an OL filled with All Pro players. Henry has built his career much like Barry Sanders. Average to mediocre lines.
Pretend is a good word...lot's of that going around.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, perhaps there are a few options? If we want to try to make a run for the rest of the season, maybe we can try to trade a 6 for Travis Etienne from Jacksonville? He might be an option that can give us a spark on the running game. Especially with the emergence of Bigsby, they might be willing to move Etienne.
That's different....that's looking forward and not backwards. Baby steps! Lol

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Takes a lot more than Jerry to insult my intelligence....you, may friend, are intelligent enough not to be insulted. You can see thru the BS?
You have to have intelligence before you can get insulted, and you can't get insulted.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Again, guessing....maybe, maybe not. Hey, if that rhetoric helps you enjoy the game, more power to you. All I see is a good, exciting young fan not enjoying it.

Well, it's not so much thar. It's more of a case of wanting to see us run the ball better. I happen to think we could get better even now. I don't think it'd cost much for us to get Etienne. If we want to try to make a run for the rest of the season, that's a possible option to improve our run game. Or, maybe Chubba Hubbard? The Panthers stink, and they will want to sell players too. I wanted Hubbard in the draft a few years ago. Maybe we can get him on the cheap too.

That's different....that's looking forward and not backwards. Baby steps! Lol

Well, exactly, and I might make a thread about some trade ideas.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Like Jerry is going to listen to solutions. There has been several solutions provided.

Starting with:

1. Sell the team
2. Fire GM Jethro
3. Let your Coaches Coach the team
4. Jerry needs to stop talking.
5. Jerry needs another hobby that takes up 80% of the time that he is awake.

I think anyone of those 5 would be a good start.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You have to have intelligence before you can get insulted, and you can't get insulted.
Not by ignorance...that's why you never insult me....you're just like that itch I don't want to scratch because it keeps me entertained.