Twitter: Jerry says Dak will miss the Rams game

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If we win Sunday with Rush, meaning we would've then beaten both of last years Super Bowl teams, then what?

Are they really going to bring Dak in there against the Eagles?

Let's say they don't and give Dak another week...

What if we then beat the potential 5-0 Eagles on Sunday Night Football?!?!

I think that's what the quote that was included is referencing, although it's hard to know for sure without full context.

If the Rush-led Cowboys beat the Rams, then you've got to consider starting him the next week, even if you have Dak in reserve. If we then beat Philly with Rush, I'm not sure you want to make a change until we lose. McCarthy seems to be a bit bolder than I am, though, so he see Prescott as our best chance for victory against the Eagles even if we do top the Rams.

I felt like starting Rush against the Rams had to be the way to go, though, if we won three straight like we did. Worst thing the team can do is bring back Dak for this game and lose. Maybe we would lose anyway, but it creates unnecessary doubt. Either bring him in after a Rush loss or against an opponent we're likely to beat with either QB.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I think that's what the quote that was included is referencing, although it's hard to know for sure without full context.

If the Rush-led Cowboys beat the Rams, then you've got to consider starting him the next week, even if you have Dak in reserve. If we then beat Philly with Rush, I'm not sure you want to make a change until we lose. McCarthy seems to be a bit bolder than I am, though, so he see Prescott as our best chance for victory against the Eagles even if we do top the Rams.

I felt like starting Rush against the Rams had to be the way to go, though, if we won three straight like we did. Worst thing the team can do is bring back Dak for this game and lose. Maybe we would lose anyway, but it creates unnecessary doubt. Either bring him in after a Rush loss or against an opponent we're likely to beat with either QB.
I think a lot of people within the Cowboys organization are hoping this is the week Rush fails.

It would make things a lot easier for them.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If we win Sunday with Rush, meaning we would've then beaten both of last years Super Bowl teams, then what?

If that happens, make some popcorn and enjoy the show. Jerry will milk that situation for all it's worth.

Zordon

Reaction score
Well, he can barely grip a football, so......

They shouldn't even think about it until after Philly. Nothing to gain before then at all, especially for Dak.
I have Dak on the 6-8 weeks time frame. Jones is a fool for continually opening his mouth and expecting results like he is Moses.
They could have had their opponents guessing the next few weeks if the owner didn't have such a big mouth. If he can't grip a ball and they want him to practice a full week, then he's probably not coming back until the Lions.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good thinking Jerry I wouldn't put Dak out there with Aaron Donald either
Of course I wouldn't put him out there against the eagles either.
maybe Detroit or Chicago

I'd hate to stress him out too much

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

LOL, oh yes.... now it will be getting tricky. Especially with the Lions and Bears coming after and should be (knock on wood) victories. Quite the conundrum. :D Getting jiggy with it......:oldcouple:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dak needs to grow a pair and throw left handed. Enough of the excuses.

Aftershock

Reaction score
Hypocrite sitting here reading every article and spending extra time talking about Jerry Cowboys... never quit making yourselves look like fools hating Jerry

yet all you do is talk about HIS TEAM? he owns space in your head. I call it like i see it, you all spout nonsense. The man owns the team its his he can do whatever he likes. sems to be working 100s of SM sites talking about HIS TEAM
And we all have the right to voice our opinion on this forum, which I believe is a public platform for fans to discuss - you know, just like you are.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I think a lot of people within the Cowboys organization are hoping this is the week Rush fails.

It would make things a lot easier for them.

I wouldn't think that they want that. It might be a tougher decision, but these guys want to win. Now, probability is that the team won't continue to win every game, so it would make the transition easier when it happens. They definitely understand that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't think that they want that. It might be a tougher decision, but these guys want to win. Now, probability is that the team won't continue to win every game, so it would make the transition easier when it happens. They definitely understand that.
They don't want a tough decision and they don't want to fans turning as soon as Dak throws a bad pass.

They are paying Dak a lot of money and not paying Rush hardly nothing.

I don't think they would be upset with a bad game from Rush, not necessary a loss for the team, but a bad game from Rush just to make things easier on them.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Good thinking Jerry I wouldn't put Dak out there with Aaron Donald either
Of course I wouldn't put him out there against the eagles either.
maybe Detroit or Chicago

I'd hate to stress him out too much

If we win against the Rams, I'd definitely target the Detroit game. No reason to bring him back against Philly if we're on a four-game winning streak heading into a tough matchup. Then if we somehow also beat the Eagles, I'd have trouble removing Rush while we're on a roll. Either that roll eventually ends and we put Dak back in or we win the Super Bowl. Either result would be the best way for it to happen IMO.

gimmesix

Reaction score
They don't want a tough decision and they don't want to fans turning as soon as Dak throws a bad pass.

They are paying Dak a lot of money and not paying Rush hardly nothing.

I don't think they would be upset with a bad game from Rush, not necessary a loss for the team, but a bad game from Rush just to make things easier on them.

As dysfunctional as the Joneses can be, I just don't think the evidence is there to support this. We cut Jaylon Smith (who was higher paid than our other linebackers) because the other linebackers were playing better. We cut La'el Collins because Steele was playing up to his level at the least. They kept Romo on the bench even when he was healthy because we were winning with Dak (a fourth-round rookie not being paid much). I don't think anyone associated with the team was wishing for Dak to lose so that we could reinsert Romo, even as much as this front office loved Romo.

I understand what you are saying about a bad game from Rush making it easier, but I think the evidence supports that they would rather he do well and the team keep rolling.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
As dysfunctional as the Joneses can be, I just don't think the evidence is there to support this. We cut Jaylon Smith (who was higher paid than our other linebackers) because the other linebackers were playing better. We cut La'el Collins because Steele was playing up to his level at the least. They kept Romo on the bench even when he was healthy because we were winning with Dak (a fourth-round rookie not being paid much). I don't think anyone associated with the team was wishing for Dak to lose so that we could reinsert Romo, even as much as this front office loved Romo.

I understand what you are saying about a bad game from Rush making it easier, but I think the evidence supports that they would rather he do well and the team keep rolling.
We'll see.

I hope Rush continues to play well and he wins.

I don't care about how tough of a decisions it will be on the Joneses. That's their problem. All I care about is continuing to win games.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we win against the Rams, I'd definitely target the Detroit game. No reason to bring him back against Philly if we're on a four-game winning streak heading into a tough matchup. Then if we somehow also beat the Eagles, I'd have trouble removing Rush while we're on a roll. Either that roll eventually ends and we put Dak back in or we win the Super Bowl. Either result would be the best way for it to happen IMO.
Yeah I've never been so up in the air about upcoming games
I think rush can at least keep us close but I feel the rams are gonna try to run it down our throats and neutralize the pass rush. Luckily I think we have the corner backs to throw 7 or 8 in the Box