Jerry should take a lesson from Sean Payton and let Dak go now

Flamma

Reaction score
He’s talking to a brick wall? Really? So you too think Cooper Rush is better than him? Listen, I get I’m not here to convince anyone of how good Dak is. Especially those with ulterior motives.

As far as him looking good when the pressure is off him….he plays for the Dallas Cowboys….the pressure is never off.
Again, I don't think Rush is better. I just think we can accomplish the same with Rush, an early playoff exit. I don't think Dak is good enough to take this team deep into the playoffs. Now with how the Jones boys build a team. So why pay him?

Creeper

Reaction score
Sure let's cut the runner up MVP from 2023 and get nothing for him. Great idea. If they are unwilling to pay him $60 million they should force him to agree to a trade. He is under contract for another year so they have a tiny bit of leverage. But letting him go for nothing is so Jerry Jones. At this point in their careers, Dak is more valuable than Wilson and it is not close. Even if they only get 1 first round pick it is still better than nothing. But Dak could bring multiple 1st round picks froma team that has the CAP room and no QB. And if you think Dak is that bad then you would have no problem trading him to the Giants or anyone else in the league. What's to fear, right?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think this organizations sets us up to win with either Dak or Rush. We're not winning a SB, why are we paying someone 50M a year? I know, I know, to stay relevant. This team needs to be dominant for Dak to play well. The second we get punched in the mouth, he folds like a cheap paper back. It doesn't even have to be good teams, we saw it against Arizona in week 3 was it?
Well to answer your question you pay Dak because QB's the caliber of Dak are hard to find. He's a championship away from being a Hall of Famer. That's tough to find.

I don't think the team needs to be "dominant". The team needs to be a championship level team. Those are who win rings. Teams that get punched in the mouth they fight back. You can have Mahomes at QB and still fail if your team isn't willing to fight back after getting punched in the mouth.

In regards to losing to Arizona.....those losses are going to happen. Losing to the Cardinals doesn't bother me its the San Fran losses that are troublesome and this team needs to get over it.

I'm not even sure why you guys get so caught up on his salary. 50 million is what you have to pay. It is what it is. If they don't spend that 50 million on Dak they'd just give it to La'El Collins or Jaylin Smith or Zeke like they've done in the past.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Again, I don't think Rush is better. I just think we can accomplish the same with Rush, an early playoff exit. I don't think Dak is good enough to take this team deep into the playoffs. Now with how the Jones boys build a team. So why pay him?
So what is the solution? Why spend any money? I'm trying to understand your stance....you're stance is doing pay Dak because we can't win with Jerry. So what do we do?

You pay Dak if you think you can win with him. You don't feel like we can so yeah you wouldn't pay him. I get it. I believe the Cowboys think they can win with Dak. That's why they pay him. Its that simple. No matter how you or me feel about Dak they feel they can win with Dak...at least that's what I believe. If they decide not to sign him to a new contract then i'd change that view.

leeblair

Reaction score
Sure let's cut the runner up MVP from 2023 and get nothing for him. Great idea. If they are unwilling to pay him $60 million they should force him to agree to a trade. He is under contract for another year so they have a tiny bit of leverage. But letting him go for nothing is so Jerry Jones. At this point in their careers, Dak is more valuable than Wilson and it is not close. Even if they only get 1 first round pick it is still better than nothing. But Dak could bring multiple 1st round picks froma team that has the CAP room and no QB. And if you think Dak is that bad then you would have no problem trading him to the Giants or anyone else in the league. What's to fear, right?
Quit using that "runner up MVP" crap.
He got zero votes for MVP, if memory serves. And the way he played vs Green Bay erased any thought of him being a MVP.
Josh Allen got one.
Allen was the true runner up.

GINeric

Reaction score
If Dak played for any other franchise he would already be out of the NFL.

There are just over 85 to 90 quarterbacks in the NFL every year.... Every year Dak is in the top 10 of those 85 to 90 quarterbacks....

So you're saying that a top 10 quarterback who became an All-Pro and MVP candidate in a one dimensional offense WITHOUT a functioning running game isn't good enough to outplay 85 to 90 other quarterbacks to remain in the league?

See this is why I can't take you trolls seriously. You come on the board to say THEEEE dumbest **** known to man and don't care how dumb and stupid your statement makes you look.

I'll tell you what.... I'll give you enough respect to allow you the chance to justify such a dumb and stupid comment.

What makes you believe that Dak... a perennial top 10 quarterback... an All-Pro.... and a MVP candidate wouldn't be good enough to beat out 80 to 90 other quarterbacks to remain in the league?????

>>(Here's where the low football IQ Dak haters run from justifying their STUPID comments when put on the spot)

leeblair

Reaction score
There are just over 85 to 90 quarterbacks in the NFL every year.... Every year Dak is in the top 10 of those 85 to 90 quarterbacks....

So you're saying that a top 10 quarterback who became an All-Pro and MVP candidate in a one dimensional offense WITHOUT a functioning running game isn't good enough to outplay 85 to 90 other quarterbacks to remain in the league?

See this is why I can't take you trolls seriously. You come on the board to say THEEEE dumbest **** known to man and don't care how dumb and stupid your statement makes you look.

I'll tell you what.... I'll give you enough respect to allow you the chance to justify such a dumb and stupid comment.

What makes you believe that Dak... a perennial top 10 quarterback... an All-Pro.... and a MVP candidate wouldn't be good enough to beat out 80 to 90 other quarterbacks to remain in the league?????

>>(Here's where the low football IQ Dak haters run from justifying their STUPID comments when put on the spot)
Out of the 85-90 quarterbacks in the NFL, Dak is the ONLY one who costs his team a championship by shutting down against tough teams

GINeric

Reaction score
Out of the 85-90 quarterbacks in the NFL, Dak is the ONLY one who costs his team a championship by shutting down against tough teams

So Dak is the only one huh.... you gave excuses to other quarterbacks for mishaps, but Dak is personally held accountable for all losses in a TEAM game huh....

Dak is THE only quarterback that is responsible for team losses according to what you just said.....

I'm glad that you're the one who said that because I couldn't in a million years make this **** up. And YOU my good sir, 100% proved my overall point of hypocrisy and double standards.

I honestly respect the hell out of you because you are brave enough to be hypocritical without even hiding it. I really do respect the hell out of you. Real talk!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Quit using that "runner up MVP" crap.
He got zero votes for MVP, if memory serves. And the way he played vs Green Bay erased any thought of him being a MVP.
Josh Allen got one.
Allen was the true runner up.
He got voted for MVP…lord have mercy why do you guys keep saying this lol?

leeblair

Reaction score
So Dak is the only one huh.... you gave excuses to other quarterbacks for mishaps, but Dak is personally held accountable for all losses in a TEAM game huh....

Dak is THE only quarterback that is responsible for team losses according to what you just said.....

I'm glad that you're the one who said that because I couldn't in a million years make this **** up. And YOU my good sir, 100% proved my overall point of hypocrisy and double standards.

I honestly respect the hell out of you because you are brave enough to be hypocritical without even hiding it. I really do respect the hell out of you. Real talk!!
Dak is the only one who disappears when the Cowboys face a tough team.
Others may make mistakes, but they also make plays.
Dak doesn't produce until the game is already won by the opponent.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
He got voted for MVP…lord have mercy why do you guys keep saying this lol?
Because, since the beginnings of human existence, no one has ever propped up a QB by going on and on about the QB being a runner-up in the MVP voting. Not until Dak came along and you guys starting doing it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because, since the beginnings of human existence, no one has ever propped up a QB by going on and on about the QB being a runner-up in the MVP voting. Not until Dak came along and you guys starting doing it.
You don’t pay attention then. Philly fans have hyped up Carson Wentz and Hurts “mvp” seasons more than anyone I’ve heard in my life.