Jerry should take a lesson from Sean Payton and let Dak go now

Status
Not open for further replies.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I mean they were did you guys not see how he played against Philly? A defense Dak shredded up?
Despite giving up three picks the game to give Philly a 20-3 lead at the half, Rush recouped to play well enough to bring the score to 20-17 in the 4th quarter only to have the defense finally fold on him.

Dak has played just as badly against other teams despite having far more experience. No one thinks Rush is more than a backup. And that wasn’t the point of the post Mr. Deflection.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Despite giving up three picks the game to give Philly a 20-3 lead at the half, Rush recouped to play well enough to bring the score to 20-17 in the 4th quarter only to have the defense finally fold on him.

Dak has played just as badly against other teams despite having far more experience. No one thinks Rush is more than a backup. And that wasn’t the point of the post Mr. Deflection.
I didn't deflect anything I replied to exactly what was stated. You're the one deflecting talking about "Oh well Dak plays just as badly against other teams"....what the hell does that have to do with Rush playing crappy against the one quality team he faced that year? Talk about deflection.....

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
You gonna get your wish-Leeblair.... Dak- CeeDee and Parson will be gone....Welcome to one of the worse NFL teams in Football. Mission Accomplished......

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I didn't deflect anything I replied to exactly what was stated. You're the one deflecting talking about "Oh well Dak plays just as badly against other teams"....what the hell does that have to do with Rush playing crappy against the one quality team he faced that year? Talk about deflection.....
Because that wasn’t the point if the original post that you responded to. You brought Rush’s play in the Philly game into the conversation to deflect from it. So I just responded likewise, Mr. Deflection once again.

leeblair

Reaction score
You gonna get your wish-Leeblair.... Dak- CeeDee and Parson will be gone....Welcome to one of the worse NFL teams in Football. Mission Accomplished......
I don't want CeeDee or Parsons gone; just Dak.
And I want them to have a Hall of Fame career without being held back by Dak's struggles.
If Dak is not the quarterback, the Cowboys stand a chance of actually beating the good teams, instead of beating up on weak teams and then getting put in their place when they actually have to play someone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because that wasn’t the point if the original post that you responded to. You brought Rush’s play in the Philly game into the conversation to deflect from it. So I just responded likewise, Mr. Deflection once again.
You have no idea what the original post was about you’re just talking per usual.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My original post to SteveTheCowboy that you responded to. It's right there in your quote.

Change your alias to Mr. Deflection (or Mr. CantRead). They're both more truthful.
Yeah I’m convinced you don’t know what the original is you’re just talking. Y'all will say anything to be anti Dak including making a fool out of yourself and standing on it.

GINeric

Reaction score
Dak is the only one who disappears when the Cowboys face a tough team.
Others may make mistakes, but they also make plays.
Dak doesn't produce until the game is already won by the opponent.

So you said Dak is the only one who disappears but the other players "make mistakes" but they also make plays too.... so if Dak never make plays.... how does a quarterback who "don't make plays" be in the top 10 every year, become All Pro and an MVP candidate. That's amazing for someone who doesn't make plays....

But back to the other players "just making a mistake" well how many mistakes does it take for the defensive line to allow 200 yard rushing games for our opponents?

When our offensive line can open holes for our running all season.... is that a season long mistake?

GMO415

Reaction score
I don't agree with what Sean Payton did to Russell Wilson, and I hope it costs him his job.
However, the fact that he did it shows that NFL teams can afford to eat a bad contract and move past one player. In the Cowboys case, they should bench Prescott for the season and make him sit for a year before entering free agency. The fact that it would cool the market for his services might make Dak amenable to a trade this year that will allow the Cowboys to get something out of the deal.
Either way, the Cowboys and their fans win simply by getting Dak off the field in a Cowboys uniform and that gives the franchise hope for the first time since the hiring of Jason Garrett.
Rams and the iggles did the same. For some reason Jerry just can't do it.

triplets_93

Reaction score
I don't agree with what Sean Payton did to Russell Wilson, and I hope it costs him his job.
However, the fact that he did it shows that NFL teams can afford to eat a bad contract and move past one player. In the Cowboys case, they should bench Prescott for the season and make him sit for a year before entering free agency. The fact that it would cool the market for his services might make Dak amenable to a trade this year that will allow the Cowboys to get something out of the deal.
Either way, the Cowboys and their fans win simply by getting Dak off the field in a Cowboys uniform and that gives the franchise hope for the first time since the hiring of Jason Garrett.
You think Jerry is a "Football Guy" at heart?
Jerry is a World Class Businessman first and foremost. Above All Else.
The Bottom Line is Good.
There's no need to Rock the Boat as far as the Jones's are concerned.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I suppose the 1 game vs San Francisco was winnable but the other games weren't. There were penalty issues and offensive line getting caught with their pants down in 1 game, and especially that defense showing themselves to be horrific come playoff time in over half the playoff games of Dak's career.
If everyone claimed "we were going to lose that game anyway, so my screw-ups in that game didn't matter" , then no one's performance would matter.

leeblair

Reaction score
So you said Dak is the only one who disappears but the other players "make mistakes" but they also make plays too.... so if Dak never make plays.... how does a quarterback who "don't make plays" be in the top 10 every year, become All Pro and an MVP candidate. That's amazing for someone who doesn't make plays....

But back to the other players "just making a mistake" well how many mistakes does it take for the defensive line to allow 200 yard rushing games for our opponents?

When our offensive line can open holes for our running all season.... is that a season long mistake?
What comes first; the chicken or the egg?
If Dak shuts down and provides no offensive production, and he gives the opponents easy points off of turnovers,
Then the defense has a bad game because they are fighting both Dak and the opponents.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
You have an issue owning up to your errors and mistakes….
Not as much as Dak apologists. Like you, they constantly deflect Dak’s mistakes onto the defense, the play calling, the receivers, a lack of a running game, Jerry Jones, the offensive line, the mascot, some fan in the 3rd row whose shiny necklace blinded Dak right when he was throwing it, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.