Jerry should take a lesson from Sean Payton and let Dak go now

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
One day, be it next year, or five years from now, or anywhere in between, Dak Prescott will no longer be the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.

And there will be a core group of people on this forum staring blankly at the threads wondering which player on the team they root for they can start hating on endlessly next.

leeblair

Reaction score
Doesn’t scare anyone. At the end of the day he’s defied the odds. He came into this league with people saying he’d never make it. He’d never take the job from Romo and he needs to be a tight end. Just like they said Lamar needs to be a running back.

He went on to have one of the best rookie campaigns of all time.

The goal posts keep getting pushed back….

“Oh he can’t throw for over 200 yards”
“He can’t win a playoff game”
“He will never be a All Pro”
“He will never be a MvP candidate.”

He’s struggling to beat good teams in the playoffs. Either he will get over that hump or not.

But trust me no Dak fan cares what you anti people think. We know you’re not thinking logical and can’t be reasoned with. It’s personal and history says when it’s personal the idiocy comes out.
The goalposts have never moved.
Dak has never shown that he will lead when he has to. He plays well when the Cowboys are handing the game to him, but he had ALWAYS choked when they needed him to make them better.

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak has never shown that he will lead when he has to. He plays well when the Cowboys are handing the game to him, but he had ALWAYS choked when they needed him to make them better.
You're taking to a brick wall. Nobody sees this. He panics under pressure. He actually looks good when the pressure is off of him. Pretty much like you described.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A quarterback plays well when his teammates play well. Wow. Sounds like sound logic…..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're taking to a brick wall. Nobody sees this. He panics under pressure. He actually looks good when the pressure is off of him. Pretty much like you described.
He’s talking to a brick wall? Really? So you too think Cooper Rush is better than him? Listen, I get I’m not here to convince anyone of how good Dak is. Especially those with ulterior motives.

As far as him looking good when the pressure is off him….he plays for the Dallas Cowboys….the pressure is never off.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I don't agree with what Sean Payton did to Russell Wilson, and I hope it costs him his job.
However, the fact that he did it shows that NFL teams can afford to eat a bad contract and move past one player. In the Cowboys case, they should bench Prescott for the season and make him sit for a year before entering free agency. The fact that it would cool the market for his services might make Dak amenable to a trade this year that will allow the Cowboys to get something out of the deal.
Either way, the Cowboys and their fans win simply by getting Dak off the field in a Cowboys uniform and that gives the franchise hope for the first time since the hiring of Jason Garrett.
Unlike Wilson, Dak has actually been productive. There is no reason to bench him. The one that should he benched right now is our FO. They absolutely failed this off season and can't even get Lamb signed. Truly pathetic.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One day, be it next year, or five years from now, or anywhere in between, Dak Prescott will no longer be the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.

And there will be a core group of people on this forum staring blankly at the threads wondering which player on the team they root for they can start hating on endlessly next.
What makes you think people LOOK for a player to hate on endlessly?

I'd say you and many others project too much. You think because you hate people...others MUST too.

Don't project.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unlike Wilson, Dak has actually been productive. There is no reason to bench him. The one that should he benched right now is our FO. They absolutely failed this off season and can't even get Lamb signed. Truly pathetic.
So the front office gave green bay 14 free easy point when they KNEW the rest of the team was struggling.

Okay...great assessment! ANYONE but DAK! WAHOOOOOOO!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn’t scare anyone. At the end of the day he’s defied the odds. He came into this league with people saying he’d never make it. He’d never take the job from Romo and he needs to be a tight end. Just like they said Lamar needs to be a running back.

He went on to have one of the best rookie campaigns of all time.

The goal posts keep getting pushed back….

“Oh he can’t throw for over 200 yards”
“He can’t win a playoff game”
“He will never be a All Pro”
“He will never be a MvP candidate.”

He’s struggling to beat good teams in the playoffs. Either he will get over that hump or not.

But trust me no Dak fan cares what you anti people think. We know you’re not thinking logical and can’t be reasoned with. It’s personal and history says when it’s personal the idiocy comes out.
Show us a quote of "people saying he'd never take the job from romo".

Must be in the first few months of his draft..and the first couple weeks of the season.

Obviously...jerry said "don't mess with a streak"...after..,and get this!.....THE TEAM won some games. As if it's a Vegas craps table rather than the most valuable sports franchise in history.

But lets back up...Show us a few quotes from reliable sources that said "he'd never take the job from romo". Show us and then we can discuss the validity of them if you don't have a hissy fit about it.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What makes you think people LOOK for a player to hate on endlessly?

I'd say you and many others project too much. You think because you hate people...others MUST too.

Don't project.
What exactly am I projecting? And who have I ever said I hated? I am simply stating facts.

I just call things as I see it. There are endless pages and hundreds of threads on this forum discussing just one player. And it's not about how much they like him, is it? So how is that projecting?

I am not arguing with anyone and I am not pursuing this any further. I didn't intend to insult anyone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Show us a quote of "people saying he'd never take the job from romo".

Must be in the first few months of his draft..and the first couple weeks of the season.

Obviously...jerry said "don't mess with a streak"...after..,and get this!.....THE TEAM won some games. As if it's a Vegas craps table rather than the most valuable sports franchise in history.

But lets back up...Show us a few quotes from reliable sources that said "he'd never take the job from romo". Show us and then we can discuss the validity of them if you don't have a hissy fit about it.

Flamma

Reaction score
Not sure how this defends his claims. He said Rush outplays Dak. Didn’t say anything about Philly.

And the offense and Dak were fine against Philly in 2022. It was the defense in the second meeting. Barely beating them was a reflection of the defense not offense.

And you can’t say it took 3rd and 30 to beat them…..I’m not even sure if Rush can throw 30 yards let alone convert it. That 3rd and 30 is why those two guys are nowhere near the same.
I know they are not close to the same. But we still win with Rush. The team is good enough to make the playoffs with Rush. Why would you pay someone 50+ million a year to choke in the playoffs? He panics under pressure.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I know they are not close to the same. But we still win with Rush. The team is good enough to make the playoffs with Rush. Why would you pay someone 50+ million a year to choke in the playoffs? He panics under pressure.
What makes you think we will win with Rush next season?

And you don’t pay anyone to “choke”.

You assess your team and your coaches and ask yourself a few questions. Who gives you the best chance at winning a SB. A never been or someone who can get you to the playoffs and hope they can get over their hump.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What exactly am I projecting? And who have I ever said I hated? I am simply stating facts.

I just call things as I see it. There are endless pages and hundreds of threads on this forum discussing just one player. And it's not about how much they like him, is it? So how is that projecting?

I am not arguing with anyone and I am not pursuing this any further. I didn't intend to insult anyone.
So you make a statement..,someone objects to it...and you are "NOT pursuing this any further".

Really? So you don't want ANY objection or discussion of your opinion?

Wow...okay buddy... enjoy your little kingdom jeeze!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You assess your team and your coaches and ask yourself a few questions. Who gives you the best chance at winning a SB. A never been or someone who can get you to the playoffs and hope they can get over their hump.
What makes you think we can't win? Rush DID win.

Any other made up scenario is MADE UP.

Why do you HATE rush for winning? Weird.

We know why...makes your boy look bad. You hate facts. Not Dak,,,facts.

ArtClink

Reaction score
For the love of money
People will steal from their mother
For the love of money
People will rob their own brother

For the love of money
People can't even walk the street
Because they never know who in the world they're gonna meet
For that mean, oh mean, MEAN green

Almighty dollar...

Just like pretty much every other professional athlete. ~apologies to the O'Jays~
I get that but he can get as good or better money if he went to an elite playoff winning organization. He’ll get his $60 mil per year but why squander his remaining years in Dallas when he can play for a real contender?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get that but he can get as good or better money if he went to an elite playoff winning organization. He’ll get his $60 mil per year but why squander his remaining years in Dallas when he can play for a real contender?
I am almost certain he will move on if he knows his payday can be claimed elsewhere. And let's not immediately dismiss the possibility he considers Dallas a bona fide contender with him. Practically all athletes, especially those at the professional level, have an extremely high opinion of their capabilities--regardless of outsider opinion.

leeblair

Reaction score
Dak has been the beneficiary of an extremely weak NFC East.
But when he's played real competition, his incompetence is glaring.
He does okay in a game of second grade competition, but when he has to play a real team it shows how bad he really is.

Flamma

Reaction score

I don't think this organizations sets us up to win with either Dak or Rush. We're not winning a SB, why are we paying someone 50M a year? I know, I know, to stay relevant. This team needs to be dominant for Dak to play well. The second we get punched in the mouth, he folds like a cheap paper back. It doesn't even have to be good teams, we saw it against Arizona in week 3 was it?