Jerry should take a lesson from Sean Payton and let Dak go now

Yobwocs

Reaction score
For the playoffs?
I suppose the 1 game vs San Francisco was winnable but the other games weren't. There were penalty issues and offensive line getting caught with their pants down in 1 game, and especially that defense showing themselves to be horrific come playoff time in over half the playoff games of Dak's career.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I am almost certain he will move on if he knows his payday can be claimed elsewhere. And let's not immediately dismiss the possibility he considers Dallas a bona fide contender with him. Practically all athletes, especially those at the professional level, have an extremely high opinion of their capabilities--regardless of outsider opinion.
I just think Dak has been in this organization long enough that he has very few illusions that this FO can build a playoff winning roster (not just one wild card win every ten years lol).

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It's not ME that thinks Rush winning makes Dak look bad.

Why don't YOU tell us.
It’s not that Rush winning makes Dak look bad per se, it just makes him look like he’s not as significant to the team winning as his fanboys think. It’s why you often hear them say the D played “lights out” and constantly emphasize Rush’s stats were mediocre during that run.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s not that Rush winning makes Dak look bad per se, it just makes him look like he’s not as significant to the team winning as his fanboys think. It’s why you often hear them say the D played “lights out” and constantly emphasize Rush’s stats were mediocre during that run.
Yes...well said.
We have some people that say "who we gonna get if not dak and you ready to lose for years to come".
We've actually seen it happen with pur own eyes. But of course the defense has to play well, its not just dak tbat needs that. Every qb does.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Sure let's cut the runner up MVP from 2023 and get nothing for him. Great idea. If they are unwilling to pay him $60 million they should force him to agree to a trade. He is under contract for another year so they have a tiny bit of leverage. But letting him go for nothing is so Jerry Jones. At this point in their careers, Dak is more valuable than Wilson and it is not close. Even if they only get 1 first round pick it is still better than nothing. But Dak could bring multiple 1st round picks froma team that has the CAP room and no QB. And if you think Dak is that bad then you would have no problem trading him to the Giants or anyone else in the league. What's to fear, right?
“force him to agree to a trade”? “Dak could bring multiple 1st round picks”? Jerry can’t force Dak to do anything. No team, knowing Dak is a free agent in 8 months, is going to offer anything in trade for him. The Cowboys have Dak for the upcoming season and then will settle on someone else to quarterback the team in 2025.

Creeper

Reaction score
“force him to agree to a trade”? “Dak could bring multiple 1st round picks”? Jerry can’t force Dak to do anything. No team, knowing Dak is a free agent in 8 months, is going to offer anything in trade for him. The Cowboys have Dak for the upcoming season and then will settle on someone else to quarterback the team in 2025.
First, Jerry can force a trade by benching Dak for the 2024 season. I doubt Dak would want to sit out a year when his contract is up at the end of the year. It could diminish his value. Of course Dak could hold out or sit it out if he wants. My guess is, if he can get a deal with another team for the money he wants he will agree to a trade. Of course it would be with the team of his choice. Better to try than to do nothing. Playing Dak in 2024 when you know he is gone in 2025 seems pointless.

Dak was 2nd team all-pro and a runner up in the MVP voting. Maybe Dallas fans hate him, but there are a lot of people and teams out there that would take Dak in a minute. Dak is easily worth more than a first round pick. Go back and look at what the Rams paid for Matthew Stafford, who won nothing in Detroit.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Dak is the only one who disappears when the Cowboys face a tough team.
Others may make mistakes, but they also make plays.
Dak doesn't produce until the game is already won by the opponent.
This has been proven false by video, stats and breakdowns by a hall of fame QB.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
First, Jerry can force a trade by benching Dak for the 2024 season. I doubt Dak would want to sit out a year when his contract is up at the end of the year. It could diminish his value. Of course Dak could hold out or sit it out if he wants. My guess is, if he can get a deal with another team for the money he wants he will agree to a trade. Of course it would be with the team of his choice. Better to try than to do nothing. Playing Dak in 2024 when you know he is gone in 2025 seems pointless.

Dak was 2nd team all-pro and a runner up in the MVP voting. Maybe Dallas fans hate him, but there are a lot of people and teams out there that would take Dak in a minute. Dak is easily worth more than a first round pick. Go back and look at what the Rams paid for Matthew Stafford, who won nothing in Detroit.
Teams already know what Dak Prescott can do. There is nothing the Dallas Cowboys can do to diminish his value. Allowing him to sit, while he collects over $1.7 million per game, and ensuring he’s completely healthy entering free agency would be great for Dak. The stunt would not endear the Cowboys organization to current and future players. Get your head around this simple fact. No team is giving up anything in trade for Dak even if he were willing to agree to it. I understand the fantasy. But it is fantasy.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Dak stands to loose big if it becomes clear that the Cowboys no longer want him.
He would be better off to agree to a trade than to sit for a year.
The message that would send to other teams- along with his history of choking- would likely keep him from getting anything more than a "prove-it" deal for low money like Baker Mayfield had to settle for.
And Baker did just that which is why he got a deal done this past year. The good news is his deal is team friendly which Dak doesn’t understand. I find it funny that we didn’t go get him and let him give Dan a run for his money with all the weapons Baker has never had. I’ll stop the responders by reiterating that Landry was washed after Miami, Odell sucked his last few years with the giants and has been nonexistent except for superbowl and a few plays. No weapons. Basically Baker played with Daks 2018 team(before Amari)his entire career. Regardless I feel like any QB could do what Dak has with the teams he’s been gifted. Knew his second contract was a mistake and now the sane supporters are expecting a third? Just don’t get it, guy hasn’t done anything to warrant a big contact again.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
It's been proven true by the way he's played.
So *everyone but you is wrong about the way he's played?

*Everyone includes statisticians, HOF qb's, nfl players, cameras, eyeballs, videos, armchair/professional football analyst, nfl team front offices, MVP committee's, etc.

If you know more than them, you're in the wrong business.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean they were did you guys not see how he played against Philly? A defense Dak shredded up?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Best case scenario for Dak is if he got benched unless he’s benched for bad play.