Jerry should take a lesson from Sean Payton and let Dak go now

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
3rd round compensatory pick for a 4th round draft pick. Plus they avoid overpaying for an average player thus not kneecapping the team for another 5-6 years.
If the Cowboys have decided to move on from Dak Prescott you have to question why is he still on the team? The Cowboys are not a team that spends money on free agents to shore up immediate needs, but they are, in effect, going to pay $29 million for a 3rd round compensatory pick? Wouldn’t it serve the Cowboys to insert a different starting quarterback now and have a better sense of what they have going forward? The Rams had Goff as QB1, went to the Super Bowl and subsequently decided he is not “the guy”. They made a move, won a Super Bowl. Wentz was 11-2 as a starter before a season ending injury the year the Eagles won a Super Bowl, they understood Wentz was not “the guy”, they made a move at QB1 and got to a Super Bowl. I’ll bet the Rams and Eagles are considering what to do at QB1 right now going forward. The Cowboys are stuck in idle and may well be closer to the Commanders than they are the Eagles. When is it time to do something?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not as much as Dak apologists. Like you, they constantly deflect Dak’s mistakes onto the defense, the play calling, the receivers, a lack of a running game, Jerry Jones, the offensive line, the mascot, some fan in the 3rd row whose shiny necklace blinded Dak right when he was throwing it, etc.
You’re deflecting again. We are talking about your errors and mistakes but somehow you’ve went on to the Dak apologists….

When did I blame the mascot for Dak’s play? Where’s this post at?

GINeric

Reaction score
Not as much as Dak apologists. Like you, they constantly deflect Dak’s mistakes onto the defense, the play calling, the receivers, a lack of a running game, Jerry Jones, the offensive line, the mascot, some fan in the 3rd row whose shiny necklace blinded Dak right when he was throwing it, etc.
I've never seen anyone here say Dak didn't make mistakes. He's made MAJOR mistakes at times, no question. But to ignore the mistakes of the offensive and defensive lines and other TEAM issues we have would be delusional. Bringing up our lack of an effective running game is the truth, is it not???

To say every win or loss is Dak's fault or credit is also delusional.

Dak does deserve some credit for becoming an All-Pro and MVP candidate in a one dimensional offense without a functioning running game. Nobody feared our running game. With that said, Dak has to lead the offense much better than he has when we really really need those solid drives.

morat1959

Reaction score
If the Cowboys have decided to move on from Dak Prescott you have to question why is he still on the team? The Cowboys are not a team that spends money on free agents to shore up immediate needs, but they are, in effect, going to pay $29 million for a 3rd round compensatory pick? Wouldn’t it serve the Cowboys to insert a different starting quarterback now and have a better sense of what they have going forward? The Rams had Goff as QB1, went to the Super Bowl and subsequently decided he is not “the guy”. They made a move, won a Super Bowl. Wentz was 11-2 as a starter before a season ending injury the year the Eagles won a Super Bowl, they understood Wentz was not “the guy”, they made a move at QB1 and got to a Super Bowl. I’ll bet the Rams and Eagles are considering what to do at QB1 right now going forward. The Cowboys are stuck in idle and may well be closer to the Commanders than they are the Eagles. When is it time to do something?
The last time this organization did something right with the most important position on the field was when they rolled the dice on a QB out of UCLA.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've never seen anyone here say Dak didn't make mistakes. He's made MAJOR mistakes at times, no question. But to ignore the mistakes of the offensive and defensive lines and other TEAM issues we have would be delusional. Bringing up our lack of an effective running game is the truth, is it not???

Dak does deserve some credit for becoming an All-Pro and MVP candidate in a one dimensional offense without a functioning running game. Nobody feared our running game. With that said, Dak has to lead the offense much better than he has when we really really need those solid drives.
The problem here is that you, and a couple others, think if someone makes a comment about just dak, they've just absolved the rest of the team from fault.
You cant go through everyone else first, every single time, before getting to dak.

But of course dak gets a lot of heat. Qbs and coaches always do....its not dak hate just the way it is, always has been always will.
Theres only like 2 people here out of thousands and thousands....blaming just dak.
Is it worth a crusade against everyone?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
You’re deflecting again. We are talking about your errors and mistakes but somehow you’ve went on to the Dak apologists….

When did I blame the mascot for Dak’s play? Where’s this post at?
No “we’re” not talking about that. You interjected that into the conversation just like you interjected yourself into my response to SteveTheCowboy.

Do you just rip off people’s attributions of you and then just try to deflect them onto those people?

Of course you do. You’re Mr. Deflection.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No “we’re” not talking about that. You interjected that into the conversation just like you interjected yourself into my response to SteveTheCowboy.

Do you just rip off people’s attributions of you and then just try to deflect them onto those people?

Of course you do. You’re Mr. Deflection.
Said the person who once again is deflecting. You can’t make this up. :laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

He won’t respond. He’s just gonna deflect. Good post.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Just cut him and save $29 million. Bench him and paying him to sit isn’t too smart. Dak is going to be paid a lot of money to play football in 2025 and beyond. There is nothing Jerry Jones can do about. Paying a guy $29 million to sit on the bench when you could simply release him is too stupid even for Jerry.
If you cut him GM Jethro can not get his 3rd round comp pick.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Said the person who once again is deflecting. You can’t make this up. :laugh:
Lol. Another day another new antagonist trying to educate you. You can't make this up.

You'd think even the biggest idiot on the planet would eventually figure out that he was the common denominator. Yet you can't. lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lol. Another day another new antagonist trying to educate you. You can't make this up.

You'd think even the biggest idiot on the planet would eventually figure out that he was the common denominator. Yet you can't. lol
If 3 idiots called you a name out of the hundreds and thousands of people you engage with in real life….what would you do? I mean I know what guys like you would do the question is rhetorical. You want me to educate you on having a backbone and standing up for yourself? Even at your big age it can be taught.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
If 3 idiots called you a name out of the hundreds and thousands of people you engage with in real life….what would you do? I mean I know what guys like you would do the question is rhetorical. You want me to educate you on having a backbone and standing up for yourself? Even at your big age it can be taught.
Only 3?

"Hundreds and thousands"?

You're funny. And yes.... funny like a clown.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't agree with what Sean Payton did to Russell Wilson, and I hope it costs him his job.
Russell Wilson signed with Denver before Sean Payton arrived. Wilson was washed up and Payton got rid of him. Why would that cost him his job? The Broncos suffered through back-to-back losing seasons with Wilson. I’m sure you’re one of those who would love to have Wilson as our QB. :rolleyes: You don’t agree with anything that makes sense. It’s hilarious that you’re trying to compare Wilson’s contract, which was clearly a bad contract with Dak’s. You’re just loaded with great insight. :laugh:

leeblair

Reaction score
Russell Wilson signed with Denver before Sean Payton arrived. Wilson was washed up and Payton got rid of him. Why would that cost him his job? The Broncos suffered through back-to-back losing seasons with Wilson. I’m sure you’re one of those who would love to have Wilson as our QB. :rolleyes: You don’t agree with anything that makes sense. It’s hilarious that you’re trying to compare Wilson’s contract, which was clearly a bad contract with Dak’s. You’re just loaded with great insight. :laugh:
Wilson is not washed up.
He's a Super Bowl Champion.
He's miles better than Dak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Wilson is not washed up.
He's a Super Bowl Champion.
He's miles better than Dak.
It’s been 10 years since Wilson won a Super Bowl. He’s been dumped by two teams the past couple of seasons because he’s washed up. Stop living in the past with him. Go start another stupid thread.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A wise man once said never argue with an idiot.
Yet there you are...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Only 3?

"Hundreds and thousands"?

You're funny. And yes.... funny like a clown.
I asked you a question…..if you have 3 idiots call you a deflector out of all the people you have engaged with you would listen to those 3 people who wear helmets and walk on their knuckles?

Status
Not open for further replies.