Jerry should take a lesson from Sean Payton and let Dak go now

leeblair

Reaction score
If Rush is so good, why has he spent most of his 8 year career on and off of practice squads? He's been in the league for 8 years now.....

Why haven't 31 other GMs, coaches and offensive coordinators come clamoring for his services yet?? Where is Rush's long term deal? Where is his max dollars???

Why isn't his jersey out on display for sale at ANY sporting good store ESPECIALLY Dallas Cowboys stores???

Rush can barely pass for over 100 yards a game while Dak passed team records. That certainly doesn't make Dak elite, but don't EVER put Rush's name in the same sentence as a top 10, All-Pro and MVP candidate or any other starting quarterback in the league.

Damn.... have you just started watching football mid-season last year or something? Your football IQ is really trash!!! I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just say you're trolling, because there's no damn way you're lacking THAT much football awareness.....

Omg!!
Rush made the team better. With Rush the team played a complete game, whereas with Dak the team wins only when they are beating a lesser opponent.
With Dak the team has no leadership under center. Rush actually understands his job.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry and the Cowboys will more than likely get their monies this year and deal with their differences as best they can in the offseason. I doubt either one of them wants to kill the goose that lays the golden egg. That might be of primal concern to both of them, despite all that dumb posturing.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You scream casual fan. You obviously don’t see just how ridiculous that comment is. There is no possible way with Dak going into the final year of his contract that he’s going to seek trade. Dude, he’s going to be a free agent at the end of this season if he’s not extended. Why would he want to be traded when he’ll be on the open market and teams will bid on him? He’ll have his choice of teams he can go to.
Well, I realize I'm a casual fan.

But....NFL teams do not base their decisions on stats and highlight reels.
NFL teams will study the difficult games (i.e. any decent defense Dak has faced reg or post season) and realize Dak under pressure cannot get the job done.

The cowboys have done everything possible to cover Dak's warts his whole career. But when you face a defense who can bring pressure AND cover, you must have a QB who can make the EARLY tight throws. If you cannot consistently make that throw and not make a bad decision, you've going to fold every time.
Inconsistent accuracy (see Dak's scouting report) is a killer in the NFL,
You can make 7 great throws, but if #8 is grossly off target, good defenses will make you pay.. We've paid haven't we? Have you not seen random passes sail OB with a open receiver watching it sail. Why do you think Cooper wanted out and CeeDee gets PO'd?
They are tired of beating their guy, getting a step and seeing their QB pat the ball and take the dump off for 2yds or a sack.
We have a good young OL, but in this scheme they will struggle mightily their first year pass blocking. We will attempt to run often, but you'll see 8 in the box forcing the throw., in traffic. The quality of competition will increase this year, Dak will likely start the season, but it will be difficult without his pre-injury mobility.
He'll be better off seeking a trade before the deadline and he's totally exposed. Because if he's benched, his big payday is over

McCarthy's on a 1 inch leash, and will be happy to switch to a highly mobile Trey Lance.

In case some haven't figured it out, the Jones boys are no longer Interested in Daks services.
You can deny, but this is going to happen.

GINeric

Reaction score
Rush made the team better. With Rush the team played a complete game, whereas with Dak the team wins only when they are beating a lesser opponent.
With Dak the team has no leadership under center. Rush actually understands his job.

Rush is a solid backup at best and nothing more. I respect him for that.... but you saw what happened to Rush when film caught up with him. He looked like a sophomore in college. What 3 or 4 ints vs the Eagles?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Rush is a solid backup at best and nothing more. I respect him for that.... but you saw what happened to Rush when film caught up with him. He looked like a sophomore in college. What 3 or 4 ints vs the Eagles?
See what not watching film on GB's QB got us, all those yards and TD's with guys wide open!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lance won’t start unless he wins the backup job and Dak gets injured.
I seen a mock 53 man roster a few days ago. Predicts Dak of course, and Trey as the back up. And has Cooper on the PS to start the season. But eventually would have to be on the 53 as the emergency QB.
They will give Trey every opportunity to win the back up QB position. But we all know that already.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And then after recovering decisively lost a backup job to Sam Darnold.
Donald was given the back up position, Trey did not lose it. It was a future money saving trade and nothing else.
They took what they could get.

Just like Jerry and the Amari trade. Took what they could get for the salary dump. And in return, did they not use that pick to get DaRon Bland?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
OP, you made this near exact thread like a week ago. And another the week before that. And so on…

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Truth.

Rush is the ultimate relief pitcher.

He’ not a starter, but he will save the game.

His record is proof.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Donald was given the back up position, Trey did not lose it. It was a future money saving trade and nothing else.

Just like Jerry and the Amari trade. Took what they could get for the salary dump. And in return, did they not use that pick to get DaRon Bland?
Truth.

They benched Lance from practice after the trade talks started with Jerry.

We got the kid cheap.

8)

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Jerry and the Cowboys will more than likely get their monies this year and deal with their differences as best they can in the offseason. I doubt either one of them wants to kill the goose that lays the golden egg. That might be of primal concern to both of them, despite all that dumb posturing.
Dak still has $52 million in dead money after 2024.

2025 $40 mil
2026 $12 mil

Why would they want to add anymore to that cap mess?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Agreed. All I want at this point is to have hope, which we will never have as long as Mr Oopsie is still playing QB.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Truth.

We got the kid cheap.

8)
I don't know If I would call it cheap, no one else was going to offer a 4th rd pick. There were 5 QBs taken in the 1st rd of that Draft Class, 4 are no longer with their original team. Of those 4 QBs on new teams, Lance was the most costly for their new team to acquire, all others got 6th rd picks, even though he showed the least on the field. The one QB, Trevor Lawrence, that is still with his original team, just signed a $275 million contract and hasn't won squat in the NFL while playing in the weakest division.

Adreme

Reaction score

By every report out of that TC Darnold significantly outplayed Lance in that competition.

Meanwhile everything about the cap that you said is wrong. When the Cowboys traded Cooper they were saving a lot in cap space both short and long term. With Lance there is basically no difference long term and they lost cap short term by going with Darnold as the backup.

Darnold just won the competition outright and then they wanted to get what they could for their 3rd string QB.

Adreme

Reaction score
Truth.

We got the kid cheap.

8)
It was the reverse. They announced Darnold won the competition. Then Lance asked for a trade. Then they benched him while the trade.

I get that a lot of people aren’t familiar with the news on other teams but that was very publicly how it played out.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't agree with what Sean Payton did to Russell Wilson, and I hope it costs him his job.
However, the fact that he did it shows that NFL teams can afford to eat a bad contract and move past one player. In the Cowboys case, they should bench Prescott for the season and make him sit for a year before entering free agency. The fact that it would cool the market for his services might make Dak amenable to a trade this year that will allow the Cowboys to get something out of the deal.
Either way, the Cowboys and their fans win simply by getting Dak off the field in a Cowboys uniform and that gives the franchise hope for the first time since the hiring of Jason Garrett.
Cowboys were first in the division and 12-5
Denver as 3rd in their division and 8-9

and one is the GM, the other is a coach. one is worried about Money, ratings, butts in seats, jersey sales. the other not so much.

you can click your heels three times and wish you were back in Kansas. but it ain't happening.

you comments are not insightful at all. as hard as you try to be....

Loso86

Reaction score
I don't agree with what Sean Payton did to Russell Wilson, and I hope it costs him his job.
However, the fact that he did it shows that NFL teams can afford to eat a bad contract and move past one player. In the Cowboys case, they should bench Prescott for the season and make him sit for a year before entering free agency. The fact that it would cool the market for his services might make Dak amenable to a trade this year that will allow the Cowboys to get something out of the deal.
Either way, the Cowboys and their fans win simply by getting Dak off the field in a Cowboys uniform and that gives the franchise hope for the first time since the hiring of Jason Garrett.
Well Dak is far better and much better than now. NOT the same thing lol and it wasn't Sean that did it

leeblair

Reaction score
Gallup let the Eagles intercept two passes without fighting for the ball at all, and even at that Rush was very effective at moving the ball. He didn't win, no, but if you're gonna discredit him over one loss, then Dak should have been gone years ago.
Dak looks far worse than Rush did in Philly that night every time the Cowboys play someone real.