Jerry should try to get A.Rodgers, or Wilson here is why

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah Dak is superior to Rodgers and baby we are going places as it's only his 7th year coming up.......:muttley:
Dak will end up owning the Dallas Cowboys at the rate our Buffon owner is paying him.....

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Exactly what has Rodgers won other than a Super Bowl back when the current head coach of the Cowboys was his head coach?

Would there be comments that Dallas wasted his final years because they couldn't build a defense, which lost the game and kept Rodgers out of the NFC Championship game?

Then the discussions would turn to how the team failed with Rodgers because it was Dak's fault. That would be epic.

If the the sum total of football knowledge was placed in a cereal bowl, and the sum total of football knowledge of this board was placed in a similar bowl next to it. The Cowboys Zone board would be less than empty.

If that was even possible.
and would your bowl be full to the top"??:omg:
Rodgers is 11-9 as a starter in the postseason. The 11 wins are tied with former Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks Troy Aikman (11-4) and Roger Staubach (11-6).

Four of Rodgers' playoff losses were in games that went to overtime, and in three of those losses the Packers did not have an offensive possession.

Only seven quarterbacks have more playoff wins. Tampa Bay's Tom Brady (32-11) leads that list by a wide margin. Joe Montana (16-7), Terry Bradshaw (14-5), John Elway (14-7), Peyton Manning (14-13), Ben Roethlisberger (13-10) and Brett Favre (13-11) also have more playoff victories.

Dak is 1-4

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Which QB generated more points against the Niners in the Playoffs? Rodgers had a better team too.
which qb played in 0 degree weather?
I said before that cold weather doesnt suit rodgers, and as he is older, he isnt going to play great in the cold.

Flamma

Reaction score
2019 was his last season in New England. That 2019 Tampa Team is who he signed too. In 2019 we were a better roster than Tampa. Do you understand my point?

Yes, you're going by the previous season. That doesn't mean that's what he went by. Obviously he looked into it much further.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
and would your bowl be full to the top"??:omg:
Rodgers is 11-9 as a starter in the postseason. The 11 wins are tied with former Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks Troy Aikman (11-4) and Roger Staubach (11-6).

Four of Rodgers' playoff losses were in games that went to overtime, and in three of those losses the Packers did not have an offensive possession.

Only seven quarterbacks have more playoff wins. Tampa Bay's Tom Brady (32-11) leads that list by a wide margin. Joe Montana (16-7), Terry Bradshaw (14-5), John Elway (14-7), Peyton Manning (14-13), Ben Roethlisberger (13-10) and Brett Favre (13-11) also have more playoff victories.

Dak is 1-4

This was a ridiculous premise to start a thread.

conner01

Reaction score
Ok first I know we cant force trade Dak, but if he wanted to be traded, it could be done.

The solution is to bring in Rodgers or Wilson, and tell Dak your now the Bkup dude :cool:
If he wants to sit on bench for most of season he can collect his check. But I think Dak would want to be
traded, so he would then pick a team and they could get a trade done , if that team wanted him.

I may be wrong but if he was traded, he could redo his deal/ contract to make it happen.

Now I hear that jerry likes attention, keep the team in the news, keep team relevant !
I hear this almost daily here.
What would make dallas the most relevant and talked about team?
Well getting Rodgers #1 or Wilson # 2 ! If he got Rodgers, jerry would have 100's of media wanting to talk to him, internet would explode !

And Rodgers is I think undefeated in ATT, and said he loves playing there. He is older now
and would probably love playing in a comfy dome for 8-9 games, and only a few outdoor games.

He would have some good WR , good RB, and if jerry let him be the oc/play caller/qb , the offense would
probably be awesome.

Jerry wants a SB, or at least champ game, and which scenario has best chance to succeed?
Dak/kellen
Rodgers/Rodgers

I think a guy like Rodgers should be calling his own plays anyway, he is smart enough, and has many years
of experience, he doesnt need anyone to call his plays.

If jerry got rodgers, and let him call his own plays, I think even I would be drinking that kool aide lol.
Or just get him, and even with boy genius calling plays, it would be so much different.

Wilson is a step down, but can still run it, and it would be interesting too. I also think Russell is smart enough
to call his own plays.

I know I am dreaming, but it is off season, and it is a exciting day dream lol.

As far as the money, Rodgers would probably bend on that if he wanted to come here, and thats
why letting him run the offense and call his own plays might get him to come here cheap, on a 2 year deal.
Explain how you take the loss in cap from Dak and pay big money to Rodgers who is not going anywhere for cheap

kskboys

Reaction score
Brady would’ve good for Kellen Moore because he has a lot of influence in the playbook and playcalling. Very intelligent football player. Plus I think our roster was at worst jsut as talented as Tampa’s roster.
No we aren't. Not even close. O is close, TB's S is miles upon miles better.

Why in the world do people only look at skill players on O when evaluating talent?

pansophy

Reaction score
I don't understand why people continue to think that QB is the reason we haven't done more in the playoffs in 25 years. Rodgers is all-world and he has only been to 1 super bowl. Brady got to 10 super bowls accepting 15M less than any other QB -- he's the only player to really do that.

Adreme

Reaction score
No, we were not a better roster than TB.

The fact that Tampa won 7 games with a QB who threw 30 INTs was really all you needed to sell someone on how good their roster was. Their WRs were the only reason it was not 40 INTs and the OLine was solid the entire time.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I don't understand why people continue to think that QB is the reason we haven't done more in the playoffs in 25 years.

It's easier than accepting the Cowboys are a dysfunctional organization with an albatross around it's neck, that is going nowhere.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
No, we were not a better roster than TB.
Yes we were. We had more weapons on offense too and that was before drafting ceedee lamb .
Gallup and Cooper both were coming off of 1100 yard season and Zeke had a dominant year. Our oline was solid that year. It dominant but solid. Even Cobb had a great year but he only signed a one year deal. Our defense was average but we know now that the moves made in the offseason made them worst. But they were also on the field too long . That wouldn’t have bee. An issue with Brady turning the offense Tampa had one of the worst defense in The league before Brady signed. Brady made that defense more efficient because they weren’t on the field as much or constantly playing from behind. There secondary was atrocious. A Brady ran team controls the tempo of the game.

kskboys

Reaction score
The fact that Tampa won 7 games with a QB who threw 30 INTs was really all you needed to sell someone on how good their roster was. Their WRs were the only reason it was not 40 INTs and the OLine was solid the entire time.
TB's D was monumentally better. Not even close.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes we were. We had more weapons on offense too and that was before drafting ceedee lamb .
Gallup and Cooper both were coming off of 1100 yard season and Zeke had a dominant year. Our oline was solid that year. It dominant but solid. Even Cobb had a great year but he only signed a one year deal. Our defense was average but we know now that the moves made in the offseason made them worst. But they were also on the field too long . That wouldn’t have bee. An issue with Brady turning the offense Tampa had one of the worst defense in The league before Brady signed. Brady made that defense more efficient because they weren’t on the field as much or constantly playing from behind. There secondary was atrocious. A Brady ran team controls the tempo of the game.
I see you did nothing but examine O skill players w/ a slight mention of the OL. Did you even think about the D? Geez, dude, TB won the super bowl because of that D.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't understand why people continue to think that QB is the reason we haven't done more in the playoffs in 25 years. Rodgers is all-world and he has only been to 1 super bowl. Brady got to 10 super bowls accepting 15M less than any other QB -- he's the only player to really do that.
It isnt JUST the qb.
Dallas has had inferior coaches from 2007 to present. That is a huge part of the problem.
Both dak and romo were 1-3 in their 1st 6 years as starter.
Dak hasnt played very good in the playoff games.
6 td's and 3 ints 87 qb rating
he’s now thrown for just one score in each of his last three playoff games.

Rodgers is a better overall qb than dak, and most other qb's.
he is 12-10 in playoffs has been to 4 champ games . that is 22 playoff games dak has been to 4 and lost 3 of them.

not saying it is all daks fault, bad defense for years, bad coaching, bad culture all contribute.
Sometimes a team can bring in a guy like rodgers, or brady , stafford, and they bring the culture a needed boost.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Explain how you take the loss in cap from Dak and pay big money to Rodgers who is not going anywhere for cheap
see post 60, and no one knows what rodgers price would be. he has I think thrown 50 mil out, but that is to keep playing in gb.
To another team where he would be happier, and decent chance to win SB there is no telling what he would play for .

Motorola

Reaction score
anything can be worked out on that front.

And I said he would have to want to come here, and if you gave him control of offense, call his own plays that would be enticing.
Playing in a Dome is a big plus too.
Also a weak div,
and on the most watched team in football.
Rodgers could probably ask for a raise from state farm if he came here. He would be a bigger star instantly.
But you didn't mention \ address the "elephant in the room" ---- Rodgers coming to Cowboys with his previous HC whom he disdained the last couple of seasons before the Packers cut McCarthy loose.