Jerry statement on retaining McCarthy

sbark

Reaction score
cz-definition-of-insanity.png

sunk-cost fallacy​

noun
the phenomenon whereby a person is reluctant to abandon a strategy or course of action because they have invested heavily in it, even when it is clear that abandonment would be more beneficial.
"the sunk-cost fallacy creeps into a lot of major financial decisions"

ShortRound

Reaction score

Statement Jerry Jones:

“I believe this team is very close and capable of achieving our ultimate goals and the best step forward for us will be with Mike McCarthy as our head coach. There is great benefit to continuing the team’s progress under Mike’s leadership as our head coach. Specifically, there are many layers of success that have occurred this season as a result of Mike’s approach to leading the team, both with individual players and with our team collectively. Mike has the highest regular season winning percentage of any head coach in Cowboys history and we will dedicate ourselves, in partnership with him, to translating that into reaching our post season goals. Certainly, Mike’s career has demonstrated post season success at a high level, and we have great confidence that can continue.

"Further, our loss on Sunday is shared by everyone here, not just Coach McCarthy. Our players. Our coaches. Our front office. Myself. There is accountability for our results. I am accountable for our results. The lens we use to view and evaluate Coach McCarthy is holistic. While we’re all disappointed with the result on Sunday and with our playoff record, I am 100 percent supportive of him as our head coach and ability to reach our goals.

“We will start our process of review and decision making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.”

Marketing department statement.

lsg13

Reaction score
Often in sports life isn’t fair - coaches get canned because of s bag players …

The truth here folks / even if you never liked MM - he has earned another go round.

A good thing happened for a good man.

Is he on a short leash ? Last year ? Massive pressure to win ?
You bet
He's not on a short leash, stop with the drama... McCarthy had success in GB because he had a HOF QB, he ain't got nothing close to that here... He's just fortunate that he coaches for Jerry and Jerry's ego is more important than the pressure to win. If you just go in and kiss his @... you can continue in your mediocrity collecting that Jerry donation...
McCarthy is no fool, he knows how to play the game, same as Dak and all the others... just remember it's all about Jerry... not the Cowboys.
And I like MM, I haven't been on the fire MM wagon until this year and I started seeing the issues... he is a terrible clock manager, cost us in the playoffs last year and it cost us in games this year... thankfully the Lions continued on after getting hosed after another terrible MM clock management debacle.
MM is a terrible OC, that experiment failed after the excuse for last years failures were laid off on Moore... "Yes men" never do great things, they exist and survive...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Statement Jerry Jones:

“I believe this team is very close and capable of achieving our ultimate goals and the best step forward for us will be with Mike McCarthy as our head coach. There is great benefit to continuing the team’s progress under Mike’s leadership as our head coach. Specifically, there are many layers of success that have occurred this season as a result of Mike’s approach to leading the team, both with individual players and with our team collectively. Mike has the highest regular season winning percentage of any head coach in Cowboys history and we will dedicate ourselves, in partnership with him, to translating that into reaching our post season goals. Certainly, Mike’s career has demonstrated post season success at a high level, and we have great confidence that can continue.

"Further, our loss on Sunday is shared by everyone here, not just Coach McCarthy. Our players. Our coaches. Our front office. Myself. There is accountability for our results. I am accountable for our results. The lens we use to view and evaluate Coach McCarthy is holistic. While we’re all disappointed with the result on Sunday and with our playoff record, I am 100 percent supportive of him as our head coach and ability to reach our goals.

“We will start our process of review and decision making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.”

This was a pure money move. Because if he let's McCarthy go, he owes him mo ey. Then pay a new coach more money.

It's about bottom line with jerry

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
This was a Mad Libs he saved from Garrett

lsg13

Reaction score
Fast forward to Jan. 12, 2025. Jerry: "We appreciate everything Mike did for the franchise, but in the end, he just could not get us where we need to be...the goal is to win a SB and for whatever reason, we just could not get there with Mike and felt it was time for a change...."

Cognitive decline is a terrible thing.
No, I think you have that date wrong, you'll probably need to fast forward until 2030 to hear those words...
Don't give the fan base hopes that things may change in 2025... that's just mean.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don’t know whether to:facepalm: or :lmao:.
the senility and level of "out of touchness" is off the charts with Jerry. We are close? How so Jerry? Its been almost 3 ****** decades dude! He has said this crap the last 3 years. Lemme translate what Jerry ACTUALLY said and means. "Shucks guys, with some tinkering on defense, all we need to win is to coach better and give the current roster a pep talk, and all will improve. I'm not getting any younger." "I like our guys." , "In fact, I plan on duct taping Tyrons bad knee, foot, back, and running him back too." "We are the damn Dallas Cowboys." We know better than the other 31 teams"

Rayman70

Reaction score
This team was ill prepared and out coached in every way. So we're good? As long as the Cowboys are talked about good or bad Jerry is happy.
what a running Joke Jerry and the team have become.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Baahahhahahaha the team is very close. The same team that couldn’t beat a good team all year long. The same team that was destroyed by an average Packers team whose average age is 25. This is what Jerry calls close????? Are we really just going to take this from Jerry as fans and continue with his BS product and name oil salesman??

Rayman70

Reaction score

Get your expectations up.

expectations are the same, make the playoffs and Jerry is good. Win lose or draw. Thats the new highbar. The SB isnt any longer. I think it hasnt been the standard for the last 10 years at least