Jerry statement on retaining McCarthy

glimmerman

Reaction score
We went ahead and signed Osi and he has for real took advantage of us. Did you hear his name nice this year. Next year is a contract year. Total bs..

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
So basically Dak is getting paid and Big Mike is being retained.

I am sure next year will be different than the last 3 playoff runs. smh

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
In a way this is a good thing.

None of us have any hope for 2024 because we saw the peak of this team. Yes, the Cowboys will beat up some bad teams next year. Should win the NFC East because the Eagles are an even bigger fraud than we are. And then we can watch another playoff collapse and have these same discussions in roughly 360 days.

It's like Cowboys fans have been forced to live in a simulation since Jan. 28, 1996.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
So we’re bringing the whole band back huh? Oh yeah we really care about winning. Just another notch in this crappy day.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I’m fine with retaining McCarthy, but what does he mean by “accountability”? The bad feeling one derives from losing?

75boyz

Reaction score
The more that things change the more they stay the same.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If there is any BLOOD to be had it's coming at this point from Prescott.
Think about it there is a good chance Big Mike told him at some point that he cannot win with #4 no matter how much mastery he uses with the playbook.
This quote from Jerry might be the telling tale concerning our near future.....

Quote)
“We will start our process of review and decision-making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.”

Unquote)

P.S. Mike would be an excellent choice to bring on slowly a guy like Trey Lance.
Geez dude ok. Cut Dak cause he is te only problem. Then cut the others Osi and Mazi and Parsons is trade bait. So is Bland.. He sat a record so he is worth a #2 pick so JJ will get a 4. Let’s rebuild. Strip this team down under JJ control and let’s watch what happens. Meh you dont care..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Then it's surprising you are OK with McCarthy coming back who has literally not taken the team any further than Garrett did in the postseason.
Hey, I don't like the coaching mistakes continued to be made and costing the team against good teams, but I understand why Jerry retained McCarthy for 1 more year.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
That freakin idiot, he just doesn’t get it. This team was uninspired, undisciplined, unprepared and soft….this coach obviously can’t fix those things. Ridiculous. Got completely destroyed and embarrassed and he wants to run it back. He seems to have forgot that a great deal of team mentality comes from the coaches. These coaches don’t any of those 4 issues I stated above….it’s beyond apparent by now.
Narcissists never can admit they were wrong, won’t change, can’t see how their actions negatively affect others…..Jerry is a Narcissist.

Last edited:

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Wonder if he'll hit the barn up this off-season to discover how to design a modern offense.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
After bad endings of seasons Jerry pretty much says the same thing each time

"We are close"
It's so demeaning to fans. To think anyone would take his drivel to heart and have the nerve to out that crap out there. Oh, I hate getting embarrassed in the playoffs every year, but Mr. Jones thinks a championship is just around the corner! That makes me completely forget that our last playoff game was over by the second quarter.

Rayman70

Reaction score
What a crock of ****.

How exactly is Jerry or anyone accountable to the embarrassment? They don't change anything or invest in the team. They dont trade up in the draft. They dont sign free agents. I know it's just corporate speak, but that's just complete BS
Jerry is Hollywood. It makes him money. What would change his mind? He is a stubborn delusional jackass. Always has been, always will be. Hes a jackass with money that got really lucky when he was able to get Jimmy here to save him from himself. I am confident Jerry would have ruined this franchise in 1989 after he bought it, had he not hit paydirt with Jimmy. Now we have an owner that is protecting his investment/nestegg/legacy. Winning you say? Well...in his eyes winning takes on many forms. When he checks his bank account/ Ledger every morning, he IS winning. Wildcat Jerry is long gone and buried. He said it in the press statement. He feels this roster, as currently constructed, is a SB roster. Despite what his lying eyes witnessed last week!! He wont do much i anything in free agency, he will extend Dak and overpay, he will over extend and sign Micah, and much worse. The fans are pissed right now because most have woke up to this reality.

1942willys

Reaction score
Three straight seasons where we pretty much crapped the bed in the playoffs but since we look pretty in the season and he is making lots of money...

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I don’t like it and don’t understand it, but since it’s Jerry it’s totally understandable unfortunately.

Next year will be more of the same. Good regular season, great chance to win A playoff game, but that’s it.