Jerry statement on retaining McCarthy

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I've never seen the fanbase this dejected as a whole. There are like 3 posters here that are good with this.

I'm dejected. I honestly feel like I'll never watch my favorite NFL team win another ring, let alone even make it to a Super Bowl under the leadership of the Jones' boys.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Oh no, there will be accountability.

They are going to scapegoat Quinn. They are going to blame the season on Quinn. They'll leak to their media minions little complaints and "inside sources" said this and that and that's why the defense failed and kept us from going to further in the playoffs.

Just you wait.
fans here are already doing that here lol

Didnt 21 points of the 48 come from pick 6's and turnovers by the offense?
Quinn wasnt as good this season, but he is the best coach on the team, so it makes sense they would get rid of him lol.

Staubacher

Reaction score
How the heck do you think you're "close" when you haven't gone past the divisional round EVER with your current starter?!!

Are the 49ers and Packers entire team just going to die on an airplane accident during the off season? How are you close?

If the cowboys are close to winning a SB with our current roster/coach, I'm also close to dating Margot Robbie and it ain't EVER going to happen!!!

Freaking delusional...
Blown out in the 1st round AT HOME by a 7 seed full of youngsters but "close"

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I actually don’t hate retaining McCarthy.

But it’s just a sign of more of the same to come.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Yeah.

He killed it today.

Can't wait to see your posts mid January 2025 when we once again flame out like most smart people knew would happen.
Tad loves Jerry because Tad lives off Dak's money

MS17

Reaction score
This fool said "i'm accountable for our results" haha. i'm sure Jerry the GM is getting a lashing from Jerry the Owner. We're truly in the Al davis stag

"We appreciate everything Jason did for the franchise, but in the end, he just could not get us where we need to be........... the goal is to win a SB and for whatever reason, we just could not get there with Jason and felt it was time for a change..........."

"We are excited to have Mike back. The progress we have made has been a revelation and who can argue with the success he's had the last three years, taking this team as far as Jason Garrett took us in the postseason............"

Have another JW Blue, you old turd.
Fast forward to Jan. 12, 2025. Jerry: "We appreciate everything Mike did for the franchise, but in the end, he just could not get us where we need to be...the goal is to win a SB and for whatever reason, we just could not get there with Mike and felt it was time for a change...."

Cognitive decline is a terrible thing.

mugsybows

Reaction score
I've never seen the fanbase this dejected as a whole. There are like 3 posters here that are good with this.

I'm dejected. I honestly feel like I'll never watch my favorite NFL team win another ring, let alone even make it to a Super Bowl under the leadership of the Jones' boys.
I came here to say I wonder how this will affect ticket and merch sales cuz I agree. I’ve never seen the fanbase this done and that’s saying something.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
If nothing changes, then nothing changes. No point in watching the clown show “Jerry’s Kids, Part 28” this season.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Jerry kept Garrett for 10 years. You think he would fire MM after three. The media was trying to force fire MM. Nobody tells Jerry what to do.

lsg13

Reaction score
So this must mean Belichick wins a Super Bowl wherever he goes.
I hope he does... I know Cowboys won't be winning any so why no Bill wherever he goes... EXCEPT Philly, that would be the icing on the cake...

Staubacher

Reaction score
It's pretty tough knowing next year is a waste too, right? That we have to go through the entire calendar of events knowing it will end exactly the same as it always does.

Welcome to my world.
I'm comforted by the fact you will be back for another season. No Romo.

Plankton

Reaction score

Statement Jerry Jones:

There is accountability for our results. I am accountable for our results.

laughing-hysterically-laugh.gif

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’m okay with McCarthy staying. But,
  • They must prioritize the run defense
  • They must prioritize a power run game by adding the right type of back
If Quinn returns with his stupid philosophy and game plans, it’s hopeless.

MC8828

Reaction score
Texans now the best team in Texas on and off the feild. Chew on that Jerry.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I’m okay with McCarthy staying. But,
  • They must prioritize the run defense
  • They must prioritize a power run game by adding the right type of back
If Quinn returns with his stupid philosophy and game plans, it’s hopeless.
It's hopeless anyway with Big Mike and #4

lsg13

Reaction score
He just proved he doesn’t care about the fans one bit. He still wants control and wants to do it his way.

next year he’ll claim victory when we make the nfc championship.. ans get blown out.

How the standard for this franchise has changed is disgusting
lol, NFC Championship... you're kidding right? This team, the team that had home field advantage and the #2 seed that got blown out by the 7th seed, that team you think is going to make the NFC championship? Jerry has already gotten to you, resist the dark side...

infamousstyles

Reaction score
And nothing changes. Let’s continue to run through that brick wall. One of these day we’ll make through it!