Jerry statement on retaining McCarthy

lsg13

Reaction score
Well he has 1 year of leash left, atleast thats what his contract says. Despite his flaws he got the Cowboys to the playoffs 3 straight years, what's another year with a final chance to redeem himself in the playoffs? We gave Garrett nearly 10 years for 3 playoff stints.Well he has 1 year of leash left, atleast thats what his contract says. Despite his flaws he got the Cowboys to the playoffs 3 straight years, what's another year with a final chance to redeem himself in the playoffs? We gave Garrett nearly 10 years for 3 playoff stints.
Garret is not the standard to judge coaches by... MM got us to 3 playoffs with one win with a team that had far more talent than what was shown.
Also "we" didn't give Garret 10 years, Jerry gave him 10 years over the objections of most fans... It was a bad hire when he made it and it never got better.
Arron Roders is not walking through the door to win MM another superbowl...

ArbynTX

Reaction score
Guys, what are we doin? Whats Jerry Doin? He has a once in a lifetime opportunity to get the team over the hump because Belichick is available, Harbaugh, Vrabel, Carrol...and ya don't even make the call? WHAT THE BLEEP???!!!! We know things are piss poor bad when the likes of Mike Fisher are going nuts about this same thing. Hes questioning Jerrys motives and basically said we are getting bamboozled. He said word for word, Jerry is being fake as far as holding Mm feet to the fire.
As long as MM has those negatives he’s not going anywhere.

DaleMc

Reaction score
Translation from Jerry, "F the fans, I am making more money ever day and people continue to talk about me and this team, I WIN" Jerry talks about accountability but there is none, his ego is to big to admit he is wrong and he will leave this world wanting another title but not getting it. I hope I am wrong but I don't think I am. This decision makes it easier to play golf on a Sunday afternoon and just watch highlights after.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I don't.

He literally tried the same thing with Garrett and it failed. Did he learn nothing?
Literally, he just wants to avoid making any decision or doing anything. Why would you when us idiot fans see the team crush Tommy Italia twice a year and forget all about the stuff that happens at the end of the year.

Status quo is competitive. Status quo means full stadium (until the playoffs, of course). This is the Garrett playbook to a tee (but with a better record). All the same ****. Players like him. We are close. The pressure of only being one year will turn things around etc

Rayman70

Reaction score
Again, do people realize that the Cowboys are already $14 million over the cap? If they don't touch Dak's contract then that means cutting some useful players and finding cheaper, not as good replacements. Also means they might have to restructure some deals they probably won't want to. And even then, that likely results in limited dollars to spend in FA where we clearly have some holes to fill (not that they would spend any money in FA if they had it).

Prepare yourself. Dak is getting extended. I'd be stunned if they let him play out the year on that massive cap hit.
Exactly. I guarantee ya, they are in talks quietly behind the scenes as we speak about extending him. I see a lifetime contract extension. Im not kidding. Jerry will try to "make him a Cowboy for life" ..essentially it will be a 7-10 year deal where the money gets pushed ahead year to year to maneuver the cap hit. U watch. The bigger question is, what to do with Micah?

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I feel bad for Jerry Jones. He’s going to die and not ever see another SB win. God bless him.

lsg13

Reaction score
Odd that this would have to be announced. If Mc Cathy is not fired then he is the coach. Jerry is announcing that he is doing nothing. I’m doing nothing right now but I’m not holding a press conference for it.
He has to announce that he is doing nothing because the world knows he should be doing something thus the need to announce he is doing nothing.
You only have a need to explain something that needs explaining...

LBPick

Reaction score
cz-definition-of-insanity.png
HEEEREEE WEEE GOOOOOO!!!

Steve007

Reaction score

Statement Jerry Jones:

“I believe this team is very close and capable of achieving our ultimate goals and the best step forward for us will be with Mike McCarthy as our head coach. There is great benefit to continuing the team’s progress under Mike’s leadership as our head coach. Specifically, there are many layers of success that have occurred this season as a result of Mike’s approach to leading the team, both with individual players and with our team collectively. Mike has the highest regular season winning percentage of any head coach in Cowboys history and we will dedicate ourselves, in partnership with him, to translating that into reaching our post season goals. Certainly, Mike’s career has demonstrated post season success at a high level, and we have great confidence that can continue.

"Further, our loss on Sunday is shared by everyone here, not just Coach McCarthy. Our players. Our coaches. Our front office. Myself. There is accountability for our results. I am accountable for our results. The lens we use to view and evaluate Coach McCarthy is holistic. While we’re all disappointed with the result on Sunday and with our playoff record, I am 100 percent supportive of him as our head coach and ability to reach our goals.

“We will start our process of review and decision making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.”

Next good news....Dak gets a new contract highest paid in the NFL. Then Dak gets an endorsement from Campbells because he is good playing against tomato cans.

MikeT22

Reaction score
If they do that next year. We will have a new coach in 2025.
Why would we do it next year and not now? Those saying we won't fire a coach going 12-5 three straight years will now be OK with firing him going 12-5 four straight years and then one and done again?

I think we both know the real answer. Jerry's only bringing him back because he still owes him one more year on his contract.

rambo2

Reaction score
Why would we do it next year and not now? Those saying we won't fire a coach going 12-5 three straight years will now be OK with firing him going 12-5 four straight years and then one and done again?

I think we both know the real answer. Jerry's only bringing him back because he still owes him one more year on his contract.
They didn't do it now because the new offense was successful and they don't want to change it and start over. They feel that that gives them the best chance to win next year. If it doesn't work they will change it next year.

bysbox1

Reaction score
Translation from Jerry, "F the fans, I am making more money ever day and people continue to talk about me and this team, I WIN" Jerry talks about accountability but there is none, his ego is to big to admit he is wrong and he will leave this world wanting another title but not getting it. I hope I am wrong but I don't think I am. This decision makes it easier to play golf on a Sunday afternoon and just watch highlights after.
This is why I no longer buy any Cowboys merch, tickets, and don't even watch the season games. The Green Bay game was the first I Cowboy game I watched all year. Until the fans respond by not giving Jerry money, it will continue to the be same. Unfortunately there are too many lazy fans to do that so Jerry does not care about the few like me who vote with their wallet.

MikeT22

Reaction score
They didn't do it now because the new offense was successful and they don't want to change it and start over. They feel that that gives them the best chance to win next year. If it doesn't work they will change it next year.
Yeah, after his contract is out.

bysbox1

Reaction score
Literally, he just wants to avoid making any decision or doing anything. Why would you when us idiot fans see the team crush Tommy Italia twice a year and forget all about the stuff that happens at the end of the year.

Status quo is competitive. Status quo means full stadium (until the playoffs, of course). This is the Garrett playbook to a tee (but with a better record). All the same ****. Players like him. We are close. The pressure of only being one year will turn things around etc
Part of this is Jerry does not want to relinquish control. Think about it. Who are two top coaches out there now? Harbaugh and Belichek. Both will require Jerry giving up control. No more podcasts. No more media quotes after the game in front of the locker room. No more visiting players in the locker room and the gym. To some players Jerry is probably more like a coach than McCarthy is.

This will not change until Jerry is no longer in control of the team. And that may not be for another 10 to 20 years when he is 6 feet under. So expect the next Super Bowl appearance in 2034 - 2050 ...