Jerry statement on retaining McCarthy

calico

Reaction score
This is exactly the same as Garrett. Jerry will wait one more year, then fire fat Mike. Then everyone here will get excited and list all the exciting candidates; getting everyone all worked up.

Then the official list of Jerry’s targets will leak and it will be the same old retreads, past their prime coaches who are looking for one last giant pay day; wasting 5 more years. If Jerry even has that much time left.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score

Statement Jerry Jones:

“I believe this team is very close and capable of achieving our ultimate goals and the best step forward for us will be with Mike McCarthy as our head coach. There is great benefit to continuing the team’s progress under Mike’s leadership as our head coach. Specifically, there are many layers of success that have occurred this season as a result of Mike’s approach to leading the team, both with individual players and with our team collectively. Mike has the highest regular season winning percentage of any head coach in Cowboys history and we will dedicate ourselves, in partnership with him, to translating that into reaching our post season goals. Certainly, Mike’s career has demonstrated post season success at a high level, and we have great confidence that can continue.

"Further, our loss on Sunday is shared by everyone here, not just Coach McCarthy. Our players. Our coaches. Our front office. Myself. There is accountability for our results. I am accountable for our results. The lens we use to view and evaluate Coach McCarthy is holistic. While we’re all disappointed with the result on Sunday and with our playoff record, I am 100 percent supportive of him as our head coach and ability to reach our goals.

“We will start our process of review and decision making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.”

No one’s ever talked so much and said so little. :mad:

lsg13

Reaction score
If they do that next year. We will have a new coach in 2025.
you really think so? I think if they go 12-5 next year and lose in the playoffs I think that Jerry will extend him... he'll use the same excuse as this year, what would be the reason for changing his excuse?

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
It will be tough to get excited about this team until we win a game in the post season.

Mark

Reaction score
you really think so? I think if they go 12-5 next year and lose in the playoffs I think that Jerry will extend him... he'll use the same excuse as this year, what would be the reason for changing his excuse?
The Cowboys have decided to honor their contracts. That's the bottom line.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Garret is not the standard to judge coaches by... MM got us to 3 playoffs with one win with a team that had far more talent than what was shown.
Also "we" didn't give Garret 10 years, Jerry gave him 10 years over the objections of most fans... It was a bad hire when he made it and it never got better.
Arron Roders is not walking through the door to win MM another superbowl...
Clearly Garrett was not a good coach, but its a pattern with Jerry as he's gotten older to retain coaches so no real surprise. Atleast McCarthy had had a more consistent regular season in keeping the team competitive.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Mike wasn't bad, but they better do something in free agency. I know they probably won't.
:lmao:THIS team is so broke....over the cap...they are gonna have to re-work half the contracts just to get under the cap....

And what player would want to come here and be a part of this mess?

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
"I believe this team is very close..."

Honest John's Dealership - TV Tropes

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Can't say I'm happy about it, but he's our coach and I'll support him until he's not. No amount of whining or name calling is gonna change it. If it did, I'd join the majority of you, but it won't, so I won't either.
Salud and Go Cowboys!
I wanted him gone for reasons I've already posted about. But I will always root for our team and also will support MM regardless as long as he is our hc.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
Well, it’s clear that Jerry doesn’t care about fans, winning or anything else besides his ego. Fans are at his stadium to inflate his ego. Not even money at this point, it’s just big ego, which is fatter than MM, at that’s saying something.

Good luck to Jerry and his so called football team, its all his now. Won’t watch until he leaves or dies.

Wizarus

Reaction score
Short response: "Mike makes me comfortable." Cowboys desperately need a real GM.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
This IDIOT says everyone is accountable including himself....How????????????? :facepalm: No one fired. No one let go. I wish somebody would give this ole azzx a dictionary.....Look up the meaning of accountability....you azzzzz.