Jerry statement on retaining McCarthy

bysbox1

Reaction score
Well see you guys next year after we win 12-5 or 11-6 and get bounced in the playoffs again.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
We don't know who, if anybody, Jerry spoke to about replacing Mike. Maybe Belichick turned him down cold, or he asked for total control over personnel and Jerry said he wouldn't do that so Bill said no thanks after that. Perhaps he spoke to others and they also turned Jerry down.

But I think it comes down to what I've said many times before - Jerry really thinks he can win a SB with his being the gm. You know, the old "can't see the trees for the forest" thing. If he lets Mike go, he's as much admitting that he made a bad decision hiring Mike, and Jerry hates to be proven wrong.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Stupidity like this is why longtime fans have beeen labeled as haters, as this ownership refuses to give a rats behind about treating it's long suffering fans what they have so craved for 30 years. It's one thing to say we are so close, and it's another thing to do absolutely nothing about doing what it takes to bring end game. Next step is signing our QB to a ridiculous 5/300 contract extension in the coming weeks just to put the cherry on the top while laughing all the way to St.Kitts. What a sad sad 30th encountering of groundhog day for this team

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
That’s the only parade that we will ever get to go to
giphy.gif

bysbox1

Reaction score
We don't know who, if anybody, Jerry spoke to about replacing Mike. Maybe Belichick turned him down cold, or he asked for total control over personnel and Jerry said he wouldn't do that so Bill said no thanks after that. Perhaps he spoke to others and they also turned Jerry down.

But I think it comes down to what I've said many times before - Jerry really thinks he can win a SB with his being the gm. You know, the old "can't see the trees for the forest" thing. If he lets Mike go, he's as much admitting that he made a bad decision hiring Mike, and Jerry hates to be proven wrong.
I have said this a thousand times and I will continue to say it until Jerry sees the light:

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, yet expecting a different result . . . "

bysbox1

Reaction score
Stupidity like this is why longtime fans have beeen labeled as haters, as this ownership refuses to give a rats behind about treating it's long suffering fans what they have so craved for 30 years. It's one thing to say we are so close, and it's another thing to do absolutely nothing about doing what it takes to bring end game. Next step is signing our QB to a ridiculous 5/300 contract extension in the coming weeks just to put the cherry on the top while laughing all the way to St.Kitts. What a sad sad 30th encountering of groundhog day for this team
They sign Dak to a ridiculous Mahomes/Josh Allen extension like that after the playoff mishaps and I'm done with this team. That would be the biggest mistake ever.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
They sign Dak to a ridiculous Mahomes/Josh Allen extension like that after the playoff mishaps and I'm done with this team. That would be the biggest mistake ever.
gonna happen bud, gonna happen. Just a matter of when

plymkr

Reaction score

Statement Jerry Jones:

“I believe this team is very close and capable of achieving our ultimate goals and the best step forward for us will be with Mike McCarthy as our head coach. There is great benefit to continuing the team’s progress under Mike’s leadership as our head coach. Specifically, there are many layers of success that have occurred this season as a result of Mike’s approach to leading the team, both with individual players and with our team collectively. Mike has the highest regular season winning percentage of any head coach in Cowboys history and we will dedicate ourselves, in partnership with him, to translating that into reaching our post season goals. Certainly, Mike’s career has demonstrated post season success at a high level, and we have great confidence that can continue.

"Further, our loss on Sunday is shared by everyone here, not just Coach McCarthy. Our players. Our coaches. Our front office. Myself. There is accountability for our results. I am accountable for our results. The lens we use to view and evaluate Coach McCarthy is holistic. While we’re all disappointed with the result on Sunday and with our playoff record, I am 100 percent supportive of him as our head coach and ability to reach our goals.

“We will start our process of review and decision making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.”

And everyone is in the bast shape of their lives. Whatever. Loser GM and loser franchise. I truly hope they go 0-17 and lose all their national televised games.

Jerry said that McCarthy had the highest winning percentage of Cowboy history. Hey Jerry what is McCarrhy’s playoff winning percentage? O wait, I forgot, the Dallas Kardashians don’t care about championships, they care about attention and money.

plymkr

Reaction score
"While we’re all disappointed with the result on Sunday and with our playoff record, I am 100 percent supportive of him as our head coach and ability to reach our goals."

What exactly are your goals Jerry? Winning championships or feeling comfortable?
Feeling comfortable. It always has been and that’s why he’s a has been.

plymkr

Reaction score
Actually I got one more thing to say and then I’m going to put the phone down. I hope Dak falls in his face if he gets an extension. If he gets a raise and an extension I hope he loses every game he plays. I hope Tyron retires and Steele further regresses and every pass someone hits him. If he’s going to take this much money I hope every play of every game is a struggle for him. I know his little comment about McCarthy in the press conference weighed on Jerry’s mind. I hope Dak and McCarthy get blasted next year. Chokers and frauds.

So disgusted with this team. The Dallas Kardashians. All talk, all flash, all fake and no substance whatsoever.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I have said this a thousand times and I will continue to say it until Jerry sees the light:

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, yet expecting a different result . . . "
Oh for Pete's sake, we all know that. And you can say it a million times, but Jerry is not ever going to "see the light". Do you really think Jerry reads your comments? What we say here has zero bearing on what Jerry does.

Everybody knows the Cowboys' success in the 1990's was due 80-90% to one Jimmy Johnson. And "everybody" includes Jerry, he knows that, you don't spend 25 years in the oil business and come in and be a brilliant NFL general manager, you just don't have the experience. Jimmy spent 25 years coaching college football and watching players play. He had the knowledge and experience. Smart is great, but would you want Albert Einstein performing brain surgery on you? Or a neurosurgeon who's done hundreds of brain surgeries?

You're wasting your time with saying that....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
So disgusted with this team. The Dallas Kardashians. All talk, all flash, all fake and no substance whatsoever.
Oh me too. But you have to do what I and many others have done - make a decision to remain a Cowboys fan, or leave and follow another team, or give up following the NFL at all. I know a couple of ex-Dallas Cowboys fans who have done just that, if you mention anything about the Cowboys they put up a hand and say they don't want to hear it, they've left it behind them.

I'm staying, for various reasons. I just don't have any expectations anymore, I watch the team and whatever happens, happens....

bysbox1

Reaction score
Oh for Pete's sake, we all know that. And you can say it a million times, but Jerry is not ever going to "see the light". Do you really think Jerry reads your comments? What we say here has zero bearing on what Jerry does.

Everybody knows the Cowboys' success in the 1990's was due 80-90% to one Jimmy Johnson. And "everybody" includes Jerry, he knows that, you don't spend 25 years in the oil business and come in and be a brilliant NFL general manager, you just don't have the experience. Jimmy spent 25 years coaching college football and watching players play. He had the knowledge and experience. Smart is great, but would you want Albert Einstein performing brain surgery on you? Or a neurosurgeon who's done hundreds of brain surgeries?

You're wasting your time with saying that....
No.