Jerry statement on retaining McCarthy

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He just proved he doesn’t care about the fans one bit. He still wants control and wants to do it his way.

next year he’ll claim victory when we make the nfc championship.. ans get blown out.

How the standard for this franchise has changed is disgusting
NFC title game?

LMAO!!!

Like Fat Mike and the Village Idiot we have at QB who panics if his 1st read is covered are going to get to the NFCCG next year:lmao:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Like a lot of our fans, I thought it was time to move on from McCarthy. I DON'T hate the man. I just think the team would have better chances with someone like Jim Harbaugh IF Jerry were willing to step out of the way and give him full autonomy on running everything football related (which he won't).
I want them to prove me wrong next season (but they won't). It's already been 19 seasons now in which I've bought no merch and have not gone to any games. For the past 7 seasons, I've watched the games without paying for any of them. Now I'm even contemplating only watching the games condensed on Youtube. Maybe not enough fans have quit paying for this sub-standard play. It doesn't seem to have hit Jerry in his pocketbook hard enough. He was on the right track when he hired Bill Parcells and promised to stay out of his way, a promise he actually kept ... at first. Jerry just couldn't resist overriding his coach when he wanted T.O., but Parcells didn't. Will Jerry ever quit meddling? Sure, he'll quit doing that when he retires or dies, but not before. We can expect more of the same. That begs the question, "Why am I watching this junk?" The question some 19 years ago was, "Why am I paying for this crap?" So I quit doing that. The only time I quit watching mostly was when I was living in northern California going to college, and that was only because it was the 80s, and you only got the games that the local television gave you. Obviously, the 49ers were the high priority for the networks there. I could only catch Cowboy games if they happened to be on TV or if I went to a sports pub with one of those huge satellite dishes. I did that on occasion, but my studies occupied a lot of my time, so I could only do that as a special treat. However, I only missed games back then because I had to. It wasn't really my choice. If I could have, I would have taped games so that I could watch in my own time.
Today is really the first time I've actually considered not watching because it's not worth my time. With today's technology, I know how to watch without paying the NFL a dime. Maybe my time would be better served practicing my guitar, studying my French, working out, or doing other hobbies. I've been a fan since 1971. It feels weird to even consider just not even watching. It's just that Jerry's leadership is so dysfunctional, it makes even a decades-long fan like myself consider not watching. One reason why I've kept it up so long is it's a family tradition. Before I was even born, and when I was a little toddler, my parents were going to Cowboy games at the Cotton Bowl with Don Meredith at quarterback. I started watching when Craig Morton was quarterback, and there was this new challenger to his job, a guy named Roger Staubach. My family does not agree on government policies (and I won't go into detail, I promise), but we've always been united in rooting for the Cowboys. If I did quit watching, I wouldn't jump to some other team. I just wouldn't watch any NFL football. I might watch NCAA ball instead, but I've always been much less into that league. Anyway, it's been nice that, if we're talking about the Cowboys, we're united, unlike the government stuff. (Again, ain't gonna spill further details on that, and please don't ask; trying to stick to CZ policies here.)
I'll probably get suckered into watching again next season. I don't know why. Jerry Jones hasn't earned my fandom like Tom Landry and Tex Schramm did, or like the team of Jerry and Jimmy did. My decades-old Cowboys merch is tattered and worn, but I've refused to buy any more. There's this notion of, "My team, whether they're great or terrible," but I don't do that with other products. I don't buy Gibson guitars anymore because other companies like Ibanez, Takamine, and Sire simply give me more value for my money. Jerry's product is of questionable value. I already quit using my money on it. I'm about a centimeter away from not giving it my time any more as well. But, even if I keep watching, I'm getting up there in age, and I won't be here forever. If I feel this way, there are probably hoards of younger fans saying, "[Bleep] this, I have better things to do." Jerry can't expect indefinite support from all fans. Fans neither have unlimited money nor unlimited patience. The market economy will eventually catch up to this team, regardless of what old-timers such as myself do. More and more people will quit devoting their money and time to the Cowboys if this crap keeps going on.

Last edited:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Perhaps the silliest and most ridiculous part of it all, McCarthy knows he's a lame duck. Knows he has no chance to win, that things are only going to get worse, not better. And he'll stay anyway. He'll waste another year of his life collecting a paycheck. And our clown show owner will allow him to.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It's pretty tough knowing next year is a waste too, right? That we have to go through the entire calendar of events knowing it will end exactly the same as it always does.

Welcome to my world.
You think its bad now, just wait till Philly hire Belichick and they are back in the SB next year..............................going to be good times:thumbup:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don't know that I have wanted to see another team get smoked more than the Packers this weekend. Anything to make the Wild Card loss look worse.

Total disaster incoming.
Oh its going to be halarious when the 49ers biotch slap the Pack up and down the field all day long.

Will show the entire world just how low down on the totem pole we really are.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Statement Jerry Jones:

“I believe this team is very close and capable of achieving our ultimate goals and the best step forward for us will be with Mike McCarthy as our head coach. There is great benefit to continuing the team’s progress under Mike’s leadership as our head coach. Specifically, there are many layers of success that have occurred this season as a result of Mike’s approach to leading the team, both with individual players and with our team collectively. Mike has the highest regular season winning percentage of any head coach in Cowboys history and we will dedicate ourselves, in partnership with him, to translating that into reaching our post season goals. Certainly, Mike’s career has demonstrated post season success at a high level, and we have great confidence that can continue.

"Further, our loss on Sunday is shared by everyone here, not just Coach McCarthy. Our players. Our coaches. Our front office. Myself. There is accountability for our results. I am accountable for our results. The lens we use to view and evaluate Coach McCarthy is holistic. While we’re all disappointed with the result on Sunday and with our playoff record, I am 100 percent supportive of him as our head coach and ability to reach our goals.

“We will start our process of review and decision making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.”

mr Risen---what accountability???????,.,guzzling Johnnie Walker blue label on the quarter billion dollar yacht??????.....3 days later and i am still wreck...please

listen to the New Cowboy fan song posted in fan zone

ICP

Reaction score
I appreciate that he's a fat SOS that doesn't know when to call a timeout :p

triplets_93

Reaction score
If memory serves me, all of the local stations (except Fox), read Jerry's statement in full with bootlicking enthusiasm, of an in-house PR person.

Some things never change in Dallas media...!!!

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
You think its bad now, just wait till Philly hire Belichick and they are back in the SB next year..............................going to be good times:thumbup:
All we can do is pray that some team outside our division hires Bellichick or that he decides to retire. That's pretty sad when that's what we have to root for.