Jerry statement on retaining McCarthy

plymkr

Reaction score
Oh me too. But you have to do what I and many others have done - make a decision to remain a Cowboys fan, or leave and follow another team, or give up following the NFL at all. I know a couple of ex-Dallas Cowboys fans who have done just that, if you mention anything about the Cowboys they put up a hand and say they don't want to hear it, they've left it behind them.

I'm staying, for various reasons. I just don't have any expectations anymore, I watch the team and whatever happens, happens....
I’m very, very close to that point of being done with the Cowboys and the NFL. I couldn’t watch another team so I’d just stop watching NFL. I think Jerry broke me

krs1bro

Reaction score
I think the true DC fans will stay on board. Painfully obvious that JJ just wants to keep the status as no 1 sports franchise $$. Just enjoy what we have. Water is wet, the sky is blue and the sun will come up tomorrow...That's pretty much the only guarantees, oh yeah, death and taxes. Be happy with what we have and see how it plays out. End of the day is it really that bad? By some kind of miracle we will win a SB at some point. See ya'll next season, same bat time, same bat channel. Peace out DC nation. Peace, love and soul too.

75boyz

Reaction score
Can u imagine the meltdown here if Dak gets an extension and they also bring Dan quinn back?
Defintely.
The marketing or sales pitch angle for the upcoming season would be a pretty interesting ad campaign that's for sure.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
You think its bad now, just wait till Philly hire Belichick and they are back in the SB next year..............................going to be good times:thumbup:
The last four head coaches the Eagles have hired were 1st time NFL head coaches. The next one will be, as well. No Belichick, no Vrabel, no Harbaugh, no way.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Dude thinks because he was an offensive lineman back when 6 ft 200 lb white dudes were all the rage, that he's one of the guys. Football guru etc, whatever. Ditto for his geeky looking son too

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It would be funny if the Eagles picked up Bill or one of the other much-talked-about HC. Jerry would love it.

75boyz

Reaction score
fans here are already doing that here lol

Didnt 21 points of the 48 come from pick 6's and turnovers by the offense?
Quinn wasnt as good this season, but he is the best coach on the team, so it makes sense they would get rid of him lol.
This.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm willing to put up with MM for another year. I've already become fairly doubtful that he'll generate the kind of leadership to turn this team into serious Super Bowl contenders. Of course, it also seems a lot to ask for any HC to overcome the kind of management that this FO generates. It might well take something of a miracle for the Cowboys to have the kind of talent it takes without the vet FAs that Stephen insists upon limiting to 3rd level FA players. He's supposed to be the man in charge of the day-to-day managerial decisions these days. He needs to change his limitations over what he fails to do to make the most of vet free agency. Depending so heavily upon the draft just isn't feeding the bulldog and it's not likely to change.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Listen, I know it's hard to fire a coach that led the team to 12 wins three years in a row and one that led the NFL in scoring this season.

But it's not that the Cowboys just lost to the Packers. If it was a 30-27 defeat I would say well, bad luck. But the entire team did not show. Not a one. That is an ABYSMAL coaching job.

This team coddles failure.
I agree CT, we weren't even competitive. If we had played a decent game and still lost that's football. That can happen.
But for a team who went 12-5 and scored the points that we scored most of the year to come into the GB game and just get totally embarrassed in the 1st round, that's unreal. In fact I liked the word you used best, it was "ABYSMAL."

Buzzbait

Reaction score
If they would use this offseason to really strengthen both OL and DL by both the draft and FA, that would help a lot. But when you can't run and you can't stop the run, you're starting at a big disadvantage when you play the better teams. But I'm not holding my breath because they won't do it, or at least not to the degree needed.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's a wasted season. Just like he later admitted he probably should have dumped Garrett sooner. He threw away that last season with Garrett as well.

And chuckles at thinking this offseason will then be different than past ones. They are gonna tinker around the edges because they don't and can't spend in FA. They'll brag about how the draft filled their needs, etc. It's been the same thing for years.

If people are OK with McCarthy coming back because they think this offseason will result in a better roster with more holes filled, LOL. Good luck with that.
Dak needs to give a serious discount to the team. Somewhere between $35 - $40 million / season should be fair and more than enough. That would help out the team immensely. If Dak gets greedy once again, I will blast him like no other!

nobody

Reaction score
"There is accountability for our results. I am accountable for our results." - Jerry "the drunk narcissist" Jones

Either he's the biggest liar the world has ever seen or he doesn't understand what the word means. He's probably thinks accountability and financial accounting mean the same thing and thinks he's doing great as GM because of all the money he rakes in.

The worst part is that fans will eat it up and continue to sell out the stadium and buy merchandise and endorse Jerry's way of ruining things.

Redline360

Reaction score
Like many said, Jerry wasn't going to fire MM after making the playoffs the last three years. He's the perfect country club yes man.

Daillest88

Reaction score
We desperately need a oline coach. Get Henry and draft a RB , first pick offense line. 2nd round get Linebaker.

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
We desperately need a oline coach. Get Henry and draft a RB , first pick offense line. 2nd round get Linebaker.
It doesn't matter anymore. Get whatever coach/player in there and we ain't winning **** in the playoffs anyways.

There is a curse on the Cowboys alright, and that curse is Jerry Jones