Jerry statement on retaining McCarthy

HungryLion

Reaction score
He just proved he doesn’t care about the fans one bit. He still wants control and wants to do it his way.

next year he’ll claim victory when we make the nfc championship.. ans get blown out.

How the standard for this franchise has changed is disgusting
I would kill to make the NFC title game and get blown out.

lsg13

Reaction score
You will watch every snap.
Nah, I can say from experience that failure breads indifference... I was once a passionate Cowboy fan, lived the stuff... Son's still curse me today for brainwashing them into becoming Cowboy fans, they were babies when the Cowboys were good... Now, whatever... been watching groundhog day for 28 years now... This season was one of the first that I actually missed seeing some of the Cowboy games, just didn't really matter to me because I've realized that as long as Jerry owns this team they will never have all the tools they need to succeed.
The 3 superbowls we won were the worse thing to happen to the Cowboys in team history... it made Jerry think that somehow he was the mastermind behind it all and could do it without help from a competent coaching staff... thus here we are 28 years later as he's still trying to prove it.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
That is exactly what he wants to do. Prescott is a definite. Quinn probably gets an offer and takes it but make no mistake your lunatic owner wants to try again with minimal change.
The problem is he's better than Mike Nolan so Jerry see's "progress"

Rowdy1

Reaction score
He just proved he doesn’t care about the fans one bit. He still wants control and wants to do it his way.

next year he’ll claim victory when we make the nfc championship.. ans get blown out.

How the standard for this franchise has changed is disgusting
Hey NFCC game loss looks pretty darn good right now ha ha. I get what you are saying though. This year was likely our easiest path to postseason success, and we crapped the bed against GB of all teams. I'm not excited about keeping MM another year but let's hope DQ is replaced with a genius DC that will get our Defense to where it dominates again. We get a dominant Defense that can stop the run as well and I honestly think it will cover up some glaring issues with Dak and MM's gameplan. I know that is optimistic, but one can hope.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
This is absolutely crushing devastating news for me and it signals a change in my life . I cant see myself watching a run back of this season. Jerry will never win a superbowl with McCarthy and Dak. It’s a waste of time to watch next year .
‘This news is actually worse than the loss . Later guys good luck next year have fun , I’m out until Jerry dies.

Last edited:

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Jerry said, "“I believe this team is very close and capable of achieving our ultimate goals ..." And I said that's the tenth time you have said that in a decade.

ReverendFelcher

Reaction score
I understand that Dak likes our offense and did improve this year, but I think the failure to address the penalties, and the poor clock management cancels that out. Mainly though, not being the slightest bit prepared for that wild card game was inexcusable. This is an awful and lazy decision.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I would’ve been ok with a new HC but it’s an understandable decision. Bringing a new HC and all new coaches would mean at least 2 years of implementation. I’ll be a mess for awhile.

pansophy

Reaction score
He makes some great points.
I mean the thing that would make the biggest difference is Jerry stop speaking to the media and being the source of power in the locker room. Parcells made the biggest impact there and Jones was recorded saying how much he hated it. What he said isn’t wrong though.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Statement Jerry Jones:

“I believe this team is very close and capable of achieving our ultimate goals and the best step forward for us will be with Mike McCarthy as our head coach. There is great benefit to continuing the team’s progress under Mike’s leadership as our head coach. Specifically, there are many layers of success that have occurred this season as a result of Mike’s approach to leading the team, both with individual players and with our team collectively. Mike has the highest regular season winning percentage of any head coach in Cowboys history and we will dedicate ourselves, in partnership with him, to translating that into reaching our post season goals. Certainly, Mike’s career has demonstrated post season success at a high level, and we have great confidence that can continue.

"Further, our loss on Sunday is shared by everyone here, not just Coach McCarthy. Our players. Our coaches. Our front office. Myself. There is accountability for our results. I am accountable for our results. The lens we use to view and evaluate Coach McCarthy is holistic. While we’re all disappointed with the result on Sunday and with our playoff record, I am 100 percent supportive of him as our head coach and ability to reach our goals.

“We will start our process of review and decision making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.”

Accountability?????
What a joke!!!!
There is no accountability!!
That's the core of the problem!
Talk about a blind spot.
I give up hope.
Until Jerry moves on, this team ain't doing anything meaningful in the post season...
So sad to see what this franchise has become.
From the pride of the NFL, and now a running joke.

YerocDeam

Reaction score
How’s that go about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result? Insanity, or something…

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
We're going to get Shaq Leonard who was dreadful in Philly and Jerry will sell it as a guy we always had interest in and our LB situation is fixed

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Statement Jerry Jones:

“I believe this team is very close and capable of achieving our ultimate goals and the best step forward for us will be with Mike McCarthy as our head coach. There is great benefit to continuing the team’s progress under Mike’s leadership as our head coach. Specifically, there are many layers of success that have occurred this season as a result of Mike’s approach to leading the team, both with individual players and with our team collectively. Mike has the highest regular season winning percentage of any head coach in Cowboys history and we will dedicate ourselves, in partnership with him, to translating that into reaching our post season goals. Certainly, Mike’s career has demonstrated post season success at a high level, and we have great confidence that can continue.

"Further, our loss on Sunday is shared by everyone here, not just Coach McCarthy. Our players. Our coaches. Our front office. Myself. There is accountability for our results. I am accountable for our results. The lens we use to view and evaluate Coach McCarthy is holistic. While we’re all disappointed with the result on Sunday and with our playoff record, I am 100 percent supportive of him as our head coach and ability to reach our goals.

“We will start our process of review and decision making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.”

giphy.gif

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
How the heck do you think you're "close" when you haven't gone past the divisional round EVER with your current starter?!!

Are the 49ers and Packers entire team just going to die on an airplane accident during the off season? How are you close?

If the cowboys are close to winning a SB with our current roster/coach, I'm also close to dating Margot Robbie and it ain't EVER going to happen!!!

Freaking delusional...