Jerry statement on retaining McCarthy

Sydla

Reaction score
Can someone tell Jerry....12-5...3 straight years......isn't progress? It's stagnation.

You haven't improved....

You have done nothing.

The only reason why this team hasn't been 8-8 for the last 3 years is because the Giants and Washington have been dumpster fires. That's your 4 wins above 500 you dope!!!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
"We appreciate everything Jason did for the franchise, but in the end, he just could not get us where we need to be........... the goal is to win a SB and for whatever reason, we just could not get there with Jason and felt it was time for a change..........."

"We are excited to have Mike back. The progress we have made has been a revelation and who can argue with the success he's had the last three years, taking this team as far as Jason Garrett took us in the postseason............"

Have another JW Blue, you old turd.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

Statement Jerry Jones:

“I believe this team is very close and capable of achieving our ultimate goals and the best step forward for us will be with Mike McCarthy as our head coach. There is great benefit to continuing the team’s progress under Mike’s leadership as our head coach. Specifically, there are many layers of success that have occurred this season as a result of Mike’s approach to leading the team, both with individual players and with our team collectively. Mike has the highest regular season winning percentage of any head coach in Cowboys history and we will dedicate ourselves, in partnership with him, to translating that into reaching our post season goals. Certainly, Mike’s career has demonstrated post season success at a high level, and we have great confidence that can continue.

"Further, our loss on Sunday is shared by everyone here, not just Coach McCarthy. Our players. Our coaches. Our front office. Myself. There is accountability for our results. I am accountable for our results. The lens we use to view and evaluate Coach McCarthy is holistic. While we’re all disappointed with the result on Sunday and with our playoff record, I am 100 percent supportive of him as our head coach and ability to reach our goals.

“We will start our process of review and decision making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.”

Absolute stupidity!

Sydla

Reaction score
Jerry: There is accountability for our results.

Also Jerry: Let’s keep doing everything the same way.

Our descent into madness continues.
Oh no, there will be accountability.

They are going to scapegoat Quinn. They are going to blame the season on Quinn. They'll leak to their media minions little complaints and "inside sources" said this and that and that's why the defense failed and kept us from going to further in the playoffs.

Just you wait.

XXLMike

Reaction score
Often in sports life isn’t fair - coaches get canned because of s bag players …

The truth here folks / even if you never liked MM - he has earned another go round.

A good thing happened for a good man.

Is he on a short leash ? Last year ? Massive pressure to win ?
You bet

Western

Reaction score
TV4W6O4IEWT2DTCDH6D22EKWJA.jpg

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
This is absolutely crushing devastating news for me and it signals a change in my life . I cant see myself watching a run back of this season. Jerry will never win a superbowl with McCarthy and Dak. It’s a waste of time to watch next year .
‘This news is actually worse than the loss . Later guys good luck next year have fun , I’m out until Jerry dies.
His dumb son is worse.

Sydla

Reaction score
I would’ve been ok with a new HC but it’s an understandable decision. Bringing a new HC and all new coaches would mean at least 2 years of implementation. I’ll be a mess for awhile.
He's going to have to do that likely anyway.

In fact, he's just prolonging any sort of rebuild/adaptation to a new coach.

He has the benefit of having lived through the Garrett era. And he actually said that he made a mistake in letting Garrett go so long and that they needed a coach that could get them further than Garrett could. He apparently learned little and is willing to chuck away another wasted season ignoring the lessons he should have learned from the Garrett debacle.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You will be disappointed Jerry. You will be disappointed until the end. Because you think you know football and you don't know football AT ALL.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Im done with this team. It the joke of the league now. Once proud franchise is a laughing stock now.
Total CLOWN show no doubt! Everybody clowning these fools!

Cleary written by his PR staff, what a freaking joke!

MC8828

Reaction score
Often in sports life isn’t fair - coaches get canned because of s bag players …

The truth here folks / even if you never liked MM - he has earned another go round.

A good thing happened for a good man.

Is he on a short leash ? Last year ? Massive pressure to win ?
You bet
He hasnt earned anything hes had 4 years.