Jerry surprised on RB talk Running back is just not on our radar as far as an area of interest

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
A lot of RBs were drafted in the 3rd/4th round...even by teams who already had good starting RBs.

#88 - MarShawn Lloyd (Packers - Josh Jacobs)
#120 - Jaylen Wright (Dolphins - Mostert and Achane)
#127 - Will Shipley (Eagles - Saquon)
#128 - Ray Davis (Bills - James Cook)
#129 - Isaac Guerendo (49ers - McCaffrey)
#134 - Braelon Allen (Jets - Breece Hall)

But Jerry had no 4th rounder (#124) because of Trey Lance and even if they did have the pick, he probably would have been satisfied with Zeke and Rico anyway :confused:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
A lot of RBs were drafted in the 3rd/4th round...even by teams who already had good starting RBs.

But Jerry had no 4th rounder (#124) because of Trey Lance and even if they did have the pick, he probably would have been satisfied with Zeke and Rico anyway :confused:
A draft pick might have been a Zeke Progress Stopper, you know.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Neither was linebacker last season. How'd that work out? We have a NARCISSIST as an owner/gm and we're pretty much screwed until him and his twin. Still known as the Dimwit twins disappear from the scene. People think I'm joking when I say this but....."we're screwed until Charlotte gets the reins".And I don't know if she'll work out. God help Dallas fans for the foreseeable future.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

51IdQIkjlBL.jpg

fivetwos

Reaction score
Pretty simple….they misevaluate talent to a serious fault. The sycophants they surround themselves with tell them how great they are at drafting, so why spend money on free agents?

For me it’s scary that I’m virtually certain that neither of our two GMs have much knowledge of most players in the league.

kskboys

Reaction score
Pretty simple….they misevaluate talent to a serious fault. The sycophants they surround themselves with tell them how great they are at drafting, so why spend money on free agents?

For me it’s scary that I’m virtually certain that neither of our two GMs have much knowledge of most players in the league.
For instance, we signed Brandon Carr to a top of the market contract. Carr was a #2 type CB and that was blatantly obvious to anyone w/ a clue. Anthony Henry clone.

Mr_437

Reaction score

Could've done without Liafau in the 3rd over a RB.
An outdated scheme and 2 outdated RBs.
What could go wrong?
:hammer:

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'll take a guess at it.
DT, WR and...?
Hmmm.

Maybe OT for the third one I guess.
Yeah, I couldn't find 3 either, but if it's even debatable Jerry n Stephen need to hand it over to the Grandkids.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan tried to downplay any issues at running back. When asked about Dalvin Cook potentially playing this week, he responded: "I don't know that that will happen."

"I must tell you, this is a little bit of a first for me, because I've never seen such made of our position and what we're doing at that position, running back this year. Not having done this or not having done that at running back.

"Both of these guys came out the same time (Derrick Henry and Ezekiel Elliott). We've got a pretty good contemporary of our competition this week in Zeke Elliott. I'm pleased with what Zeke is doing.

"... Running back is just not on our radar as far as an area of interest."

Can’t fix stupid . And why Jethro & Son are our greatest obstacles to overcome.