Jerry surprised on RB talk Running back is just not on our radar as far as an area of interest

zekecowboy

Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan tried to downplay any issues at running back. When asked about Dalvin Cook potentially playing this week, he responded: "I don't know that that will happen."

"I must tell you, this is a little bit of a first for me, because I've never seen such made of our position and what we're doing at that position, running back this year. Not having done this or not having done that at running back.

"Both of these guys came out the same time (Derrick Henry and Ezekiel Elliott). We've got a pretty good contemporary of our competition this week in Zeke Elliott. I'm pleased with what Zeke is doing.

"... Running back is just not on our radar as far as an area of interest."

ALL IN EXCEPT RUNNING BACK.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
RB isn’t the least of our worries, but I feel like there are at least 3 other position groups that are even worse off.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
a7e2c-16740580294550-1920.jpg

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
There has been a radar outage going on forever. Doesn't appear to be coming back online in the near future.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
How about GM Jerry? Is that on your radar because it should be. The GM, YOU, has been why the team has not performed in the post season for almost 29 straight seasons.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I want to say this as respectfully as possible. But Jerry is in his 80’s. Is it fair to wonder if he isn’t in cognitive decline? Again, respectfully. But if he honestly thinks the things he said about RB. I just have to wonder if he is thinking clearly anymore. Because it’s total absolute nonsense.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers can turn around and either hand off to Breece Hall or Braelon Allen or play fake and drill the defense through the air .

If Jerry “ the football guy “ doesn’t respect the running threat he’s a fool . This position will quickly become urgent on draft day rounds ( 1-3 ) next yr as this season unfolds .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still can't for the life of me figure out why people blame JUST the RBs for our run game woes. But well...we live in a wacky world!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aaron Rodgers can turn around and either hand off to Breece Hall or Braelon Allen or play fake and drill the defense through the air .

If Jerry “ the football guy “ doesn’t respect the running threat he’s a fool . This position will quickly become urgent on draft day rounds ( 1-3 ) next yr as this season unfolds .
You have a lot of faith!

Creeper

Reaction score
On the one hand, it's only been two week and we have two rookie offensive linemen playing. The Running game may take time.

On the other hand, I have seen no signs that the Cowboys have a running game they can depend on. I won't blame the RBs alone, but I am pretty sure Deuce Vaughn is not going to do anything for the Cowboys. I am also fairly certain Zeke isn't threatening any defenses either. I think we can deduce both of those things from what we have already seen, and from last season too.

Rico Dowdle is a JAGs. He doesn't have great vision, he is a guy who ploys into the hole with reckless abandon and bulls his way to ad most an 8 yard gain.

Maye week 3 isn;t the week to make any changes, but if the running game does not improve this week, then I definitely think week 4 is the time to test Cook to see if he can do better I am pretty sure he couldn't do worse.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'd now like to hear from the posters who keep claiming Jerry is smart and knows more about football than anyone.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
1. Jerry likes Zeke personally.

2. Jerry is not spending top money or draft capital on a RB when he’s paying the QB a top salary and the WR a top salary and a cornerback a top salary and lienmen top salary. Something has to give.

3. Jerry is coaching the coach and trying to “encourage” the RB room and McCarthy.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
No it wouldn't ...... Jerry would have ruined them also.
I don’t know about ruining Henry but Ramsey was not the perfect corner prospect and the Cowboys might have made him a safety. But Henry behind that offensive line would have been Demarco Murray in 2014 on steroids.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I'd now like to hear from the posters who keep claiming Jerry is smart and knows more about football than anyone.
A “smart” owner would have said “I understand the fans’ frustration, but we feel good about what we’re doing now.” Not Jerry. He has to express his sentiment that he’s much smarter than any fan by, in effect, saying fans don’t know what they’re talking about.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's hard to be reactive or proactive as an organization when you don't even know there's a problem...