Twitter: Jerry: The Eagles are going to be all we can handle

links18

Reaction score
You say that when you are the prohibitive favorite. Right now, we hope it's the reverse: that we are all the Eagles can handle.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Sorry guys I agree with Jerry, Philly looks good right now. Offense and defense they look better than they did last season.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Eagles will be in a shock when we play them. We are better than them.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ummmm with the results of the Cowboys the last 20 plus years I would sure as hell take 1 super bowl.

The funny part is that he was the one who mentioned last two decades but then wants to denigrate what the Eagles have done in those two decades because of SBs we win nearly 30 years ago.

Logic ain't strong with some of these guys.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The Cowboys are better than the Eagles.. and are better than the Lions and the Vikings.. The Cowboys defense will ragdoll Hurts (again) when they play. Why is it when the Cowboys beat up on chumps it's "they only do it against bad teams" but now Philly has had to survive a shootout with the friggin Lions and basically took advantage of the Cousins Primetime curse to beat the Vikings. Cousins threw 3 interceptions that could easily have been 6.. If I didn't know better I would swear he had money on Philly.

ESisback

Reaction score
LOL.

So because we won 3 SBs in the 90s under a different structure, front office, etc. we have a better "formula" right now?

You realize how utterly stupid that sounds, right?

Maybe, but if you can’t use history from 30 years ago, you can’t use last year either. It’s in the past, and what’s done is done, right?

Sydla

Reaction score
Maybe, but if you can’t use history from 30 years ago, you can’t use last year either. It’s in the past, and what’s done is done, right?

Now you are being obtuse.

The poster claimed the Eagles were frauds because of what they have done in the last 20 years. That their "formula" stinks because they teeter on the edge of cap problems and haven't won much. But if you use some logic and common sense, if the Eagles 20 year run is bad, then how does one view the Cowboys' 20 year run? It stands to reason that if you want to denigrate what the Eagles have accomplished in 20 years, you certainly should compare what we have done. So in that sense, it would seem the Eagles "formula" the last 20 years has been way better than ours so it looks kind of dumb to rip their 20 year run while thumping your chest, chanting "COWBOYZ!!!"

As to your overall point, again using logic and common sense, how a franchise operated last year is way more applicable to a debate on how a franchise's formula/plan works than how a franchise was run 30+ years ago. At the simplest level, the structure of the Cowboys when we were winning SBs in the 90s is largely different than the set up and formula we have now. Conversely, the Eagles have largely had the same set up and structure for nearly a decade now. So yeah, what the Eagles (or any team for that matter) did last year is more applicable to this discussion than what any team did 30 years ago. Your point is bizarre.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
The Cowboys are better than the Eagles.. and are better than the Lions and the Vikings.. The Cowboys defense will ragdoll Hurts (again) when they play. Why is it when the Cowboys beat up on chumps it's "they only do it against bad teams" but now Philly has had to survive a shootout with the friggin Lions and basically took advantage of the Cousins Primetime curse to beat the Vikings. Cousins threw 3 interceptions that could easily have been 6.. If I didn't know better I would swear he had money on Philly.

Forget who Philly played, you don't believe they improved their team in the off season? The fact that Hurts can actually throw the football now and can be in shootouts is also a big improvement. Eagles aren't the same team. Dallas defense will make it tough for them for sure but Dallas is going to need their offense to be better as well.

Last edited:

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
my lord the media is slobbering over the Eagles this week. Greeny needs kneepads. And their next two games are against Washington and Jax so it should just get worse, expect to hear Super Bowl predictions. Then the Eagles will come back to earth when their schedule gets tougher

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Forget who Philly played, you don't believe they improved their team in the off season? The fact that Hurts can actually throw the football now and can be in shootouts is also a big improvement. Eagles aren't the same team. Dallas defense will make it tough for them for sure but Dallas is going to need their offense to be better as well.

I never said they didn't improve.. What I said was the Cowboys are still better. Maybe not to the tune of beating them by an average 24 points a game but still better. Better defense, better running backs, better receivers (when they're all on the field) and perhaps most importantly, when healthy better QB. The Cowboys may not boat race them twice this year.. Maybe they even split with them.. But I have not seen a 20+ point swing between the two teams.. Even if the Eagles improve by two TDs against Dallas they still lose by double digits if all things stay equal. That's what they're looking at.. Now if Dak doesn't make it all the way back to his pre-calf injury self yes.. Philly might be on equal footing with the Cowboys or could even be better. But I have to see it to believe it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
my lord the media is slobbering over the Eagles this week. Greeny needs kneepads. And their next two games are against Washington and Jax so it should just get worse, expect to hear Super Bowl predictions. Then the Eagles will come back to earth when their schedule gets tougher

Man I was going to start a threat about just how dishonest the media is when covering the Cowboys. While I was eating my cereal this morning I clicked on the tube and saw something call "The Carton Show." I'd never watched it but as I noticed they were teasing something about Jerry Jones I watched it. They played an excerpt from Jerry's radio spot yesterday where he talked about the Eagles.. They edited out the fact that he was responding to direct questions about the Eagles and they spent 10 minutes talking about how this proves that the "Eagles are living rent-free in the heads of the Dallas Cowboys.. " and how it proves that the Eagles are the team to beat in the NFC East and even the Cowboys know it.. I mean you gotta be kidding me.. Needless to say I turned it off and won't ever watch it again.. Good grief.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
1 Superbowl.

That's all that matters.

You can't say they have a championship winning formula when they've only won once.
Most of the players on the team weren't even born for the last one. They will never win another one under Jerry the GM. There is zero evidence to argue otherwise.

ESisback

Reaction score
Now you are being obtuse.

The poster claimed the Eagles were frauds because of what they have done in the last 20 years. That their "formula" stinks because they teeter on the edge of cap problems and haven't won much. But if you use some logic and common sense, if the Eagles 20 year run is bad, then how does one view the Cowboys' 20 year run? It stands to reason that if you want to denigrate what the Eagles have accomplished in 20 years, you certainly should compare what we have done. So in that sense, it would seem the Eagles "formula" the last 20 years has been way better than ours so it looks kind of dumb to rip their 20 year run while thumping your chest, chanting "COWBOYZ!!!"

As to your overall point, again using logic and common sense, how a franchise operated last year is way more applicable to a debate on how a franchise's formula/plan works than how a franchise was run 30+ years ago. At the simplest level, the structure of the Cowboys when we were winning SBs in the 90s is largely different than the set up and formula we have now. Conversely, the Eagles have largely had the same set up and structure for nearly a decade now. So yeah, what the Eagles (or any team for that matter) did last year is more applicable to this discussion than what any team did 30 years ago. Your point is bizarre.
In the last 20 years, they have a few more playoff wins and a Super Bowl that we don’t have. I’m as frustrated as anyone else that we haven’t hoisted a Lombardi in quite awhile. We had a few teams good enough to go further than what we did—an injury, bad call, freak play sabotaged our success on moe than one occasion, but poop happens, right? Anyway, I think we have a higher winning percentage and the edge in head to head matchups. That just goes with the larger fanbase, better ratings, higher team value and infinitely richer legacy. I use that crap more when I feel I have to defend my choice of favorite team. But What’s the purpose of this debate, anyways? Converting fans to another team? Changing opinions? Having the last word?

Yay, Eagles! Cowboys suck! I’m so embarrassed, full of shame and resolve to be miserable from here on out. We’re doomed!

Profile of a “modern enlightened” Cowboy fan?

Last edited: