Jerry: Tony Romo will return at some point near the end of the year at the latest

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Cowboys fans: "I want a Super-Bowl! I dont care who is the QB!"

**No rookie QB has ever won the Super Bowl**

Cowboys fans: "Times change! Dak is better than those rookie QBs!"

:facepalm:

Plankton

Reaction score
According to Elias, Prescott and Johnny Lujack (1948 Bears) are the only rookie quarterbacks to start 6-1 in NFL history. So we are about to enter uncharted territory and all bets are off.

Ben Roethlisberger went 13-0 in the regular season as a rookie in 2004.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If Dak leads the Cowboys to the Super Bowl, Tony is as good as finished as a starting quarterback with this team. He'll either go somewhere else or become a highly paid backup.

Heck, if Dak leads the Cowboys to the playoffs, Tony is done.

Tony's only hope is to get healed and hope Dak screws up royally.
I dont think so, a SB win might do it, but otherwise Romo will just have to compete for the job.
I really think this is a one year deal with Dak, I dont know if he is the future, right now.

Dak has the amazing attitude and work ethic and that serves him better than skills or talent right now.
No sense predicting for next year when this one isnt done yet.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Romo has never gotten past the NFC Championship game either, in 13 years. Not sure he has even reached it. I think we would be smart to at least let Dak have a shot at it.
he never got to it, the div round is where he got beat each time.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Brady was not a rookie.

It's difficult for me to argue with fans who don't have the facts straight. If your not sure. Look it up. Don't waste my time . Thanks
we were not arguing, and it was a question. only you can waste your time, I dont have anything to do with that.:muttley:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What did I tell you about your "facts?"

Brady was not a rookie.
Not a fact , a question, man you guys are just looking to criticize??
I dont get paid to do this, it is for my amusement, so I will fact check when I want to.

I guess you know you wont be getting any likes from me today !
Seems like you dont get many, wonder why?:flagwave:

Last edited:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Not a fact , a question, man you guys are just looking to criticize??
I dont get paid to do this, it is for my amusement, so I will fact check when I want to.

There was a lot to choose from. That was just the most recent post. I would suggest phrasing your question differently so it doesn't take the form of a statement. Question marks alone don't make something a question.

manster4ever

Reaction score
The fact Sanchez is still riding the pine and taking up a roster spot should tell you Romo still REALLY isn't 100 percent.

Correct. Nasty injury and we all knew it. He'll be ready in a few weeks IMO. 3-4 more and he'll be 100%. At that time, he'll come back and be the backup if Dak is still winning. If not, and Dak hits turbulence, then we have the best backup in the league.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I dont think so, a SB win might do it, but otherwise Romo will just have to compete for the job.
I really think this is a one year deal with Dak, I dont know if he is the future, right now.

Dak has the amazing attitude and work ethic and that serves him better than skills or talent right now.
No sense predicting for next year when this one isnt done yet.

If Dak wins a Super Bowl with the Cowboys, I don't see how you can return to Tony Romo. The only way I see it is if Dak puts up Tim Tebow numbers and the Cowboys win INSPITE of his play at quarterback.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Cowboys fans: "I want a Super-Bowl! I dont care who is the QB!"

**No rookie QB has ever won the Super Bowl**

Cowboys fans: "Times change! Dak is better than those rookie QBs!"

:facepalm:

Romo fans "I want a Super-Bowl! I dont care who is the QB!"

"No Romo has ever won the Super Bowl, or even gotten to the game before the Super Bowl"

Romo fans "Times change! Romo is better than Romo of the past!"

Stryker44

Reaction score
Jerry just said about romo on the fan that he might be able to go at the end of the year.

That means no Romo this season. So all you people that have hated him since he took over and have blamed everything on him now have gotten their wish, Tony Romo is no longer your quarterback.

I think this sucks personally.

Sold out by his owner. Has to suck for him.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

"No Romo has ever won the Super Bowl, or even gotten to the game before the Super Bowl"

Romo fans "Times change! Romo is better than Romo of the past!"
That makes no sense whatsoever. Good try though.

Romo gives us the best chance to get us that "Elusive 6th Ring", buddy.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
That makes no sense whatsoever. Good try though.

Romo gives us the best chance to get us that "Elusive 6th Ring", buddy.

Oh so you're new to watching the Cowboys let me break it down for you.

Tony Romo has never gotten to the Super Bowl. Tony Romo has never gotten to the NFC Championship game. Tony Romo has gone through multiple injuries since 2014.

So it's illogical to think suddenly he will get us a Super Bowl. Glad I could clarify that for you. Have a nice day.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Those Romo FANS want him as the QB, they want HIM to win a SB. If we go 15-1 I honestly believe there's a few Romo FANS out there that would love for Dak to be benched for the playoffs just so Romo could have the opportunity to win a SB. That's just how NUTS this Fan base is. Some are making it out like Dak was horrible last week and it's time to go back to Romo who might night have even survived last weeks game. Some can't wait to go back to where we've already been with Romo, despite the fact that we may have something special going on this season with a rookie QB.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Those Romo FANS want him as the QB, they want HIM to win a SB. If we go 15-1 I honestly believe there's a few Romo FANS out there that would love for Dak to be benched for the playoffs just so Romo could have the opportunity to win a SB. That's just how NUTS this Fan base is. Some are making it out like Dak was horrible last week and it's time to go back to Romo who might night have even survived last weeks game. Some can't wait to go back to where we've already been with Romo, despite the fact that we may have something special going on this season with a rookie QB.

Absolutely I was just mocking the other guy's post they would rather lose with Romo than win with Dak, I'm convinced.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Absolutely I was just mocking the other guy's post they would rather lose with Romo than win with Dak, I'm convinced.

I'm convinced of it and we would lose with Romo because he's been out of commission too long to step in late in the season and play great in Dec and Jan. We've never gotten past the second round of the playoffs with Romo. It hasn't all been his fault but as the starting QB he has to take some of the blame. Dak has a chance to accomplish more in one season than Romo did his entire career. Getting us past the second round of the playoffs would have Dak equaling Romo's career playoff win total.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

I'm convinced that's how many Dak fanboys feel. My biggest fear is that Jerry will screw it up and not go with his best player for some silly idea of the hot hand.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Oh so you're new to watching the Cowboys let me break it down for you.

Tony Romo has never gotten to the Super Bowl. Tony Romo has never gotten to the NFC Championship game. Tony Romo has gone through multiple injuries since 2014.

So it's illogical to think suddenly he will get us a Super Bowl. Glad I could clarify that for you. Have a nice day.
Tony Romo is one of the top-rated passers in NFL history. Its insane to think since he hasnt gotten there in his 9 years starting, that he never will.

You know whats more insane? That there have been 50 Super Bowls. Not one single rookie has won it. Not one. Shield yourself from that fact all you want and pretend that Dak gives us a better chance to succeed in the playoffs, buddy.