Jerry: Tony Romo will return at some point near the end of the year at the latest

Gabe

Reaction score
Finally , some logic here not just a hope and a prayer .

There's actually a pretty good list of Rookie QB's who have made the playoffs which I posted back when the season begun. The only negative is them never getting past the championship game and only 2 have won more than 1 playoff game.
Romo has never gotten past the NFC Championship game either, in 13 years. Not sure he has even reached it. I think we would be smart to at least let Dak have a shot at it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Which NFC teams have a better defense than the Eagles?
Which NFC teams have a better offense than the Packers?
And which NFC team would you say has a better defense AND offense than the Packers, Eagles and Cowboys?
I'd say Seattle and Minn, maybe even Az.

I don't think anyone has a better offense than the Cowboys although Ryan and Atl are lighting it up thru the air right now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Romo has never gotten past the NFC Championship game either, in 13 years. Not sure he has even reached it. I think we would be smart to at least let Dak have a shot at it.
First of all Romo has only started 10 years and he's never made it to the championship game .

Y'all really should look this up before taking me on.

Your not sure? LOL
Don't waste my time children

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Finally , some logic here not just a hope and a prayer .

There's actually a pretty good list of Rookie QB's who have made the playoffs which I posted back when the season begun. The only negative is them never getting past the championship game and only 2 have won more than 1 playoff game.

It will be a daunting task, indeed, as I think the game gets tougher and the margin for error smaller. However, I'm big on chemistry and momentum. I just think Dak brings something to this team that, right now, Tony doesn't. I'm not going to try to make a scientific argument because I can't. However, the world isn't just about science, logic and reason. It also includes faith, belief, hope, fate and chemistry - concepts you can't quite explain but you know it when you see it.

Maybe Tony could step in and not miss a beat. Definitely, Tony is more knowledgeable about the quarterback position than Dak (to say otherwise is simply ridiculous). But I just don't want to disrupt the hot hand. I suspect Dak will see more complex defensive schemes as we move closer to the end of the regular season. Let's see how he handles those. If he regresses, I'm good with putting Tony back in the line up. But if he passes with flying colors, I think you stay with the hot hand.

My only other concern with inserting Romo is that I know teams will be out to injure him. They will wrap him up and put all their weight on him as they fall with him to the ground. Also, I believe the element of the read option actually helps the Cowboys. Dak seeks to pass FIRST, then run second. But when he runs, he's effective. And I don't worry as much with him taking blows as I do Tony because Dak is built solid. He could very well be a running quarterback, picking up 10 to 15 to 20 yards a pop. All that is set up by a pass-first, run-second mentality.

I don't think we have the same with Tony. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm willing to wager 30 days on this forum Jerry brings Romo back at some point this season.

Anyone else willing to put their words where their mouth is?
We don't like wagers where folks have to leave the site.. Find something else.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'd say Seattle and Minn, maybe even Az.

Seattle may have a better defense than the Eagles. Minnesota gave me a bit of a pause when Jordan Howard put up a buck 50 on them. Arizona's defense is good. But they're in a bit of trouble with four loses already. And they still have to play@ the Vikings,@ the Falcons, the Commanders, @the Dolphins @Seattle and @the Rams. They can't afford any more slip ups. If so, we may not even have to worry about them.

I don't think anyone has a better offense than the Cowboys although Ryan and Atl are lighting it up thru the air right now.

The Falcons are lighting it up. But I don't know if they have the defense that can stop us.

We shall see.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm willing to wager 30 days on this forum Jerry brings Romo back at some point this season.

Anyone else willing to put their words where their mouth is?

I'll wager you.

If Dak is doing well but Jerry reinserts Romo by the end of the regular season, I'll change my signature to say "Diehardsblues is my daddy!" until the 2017 NFL Draft.

If Dak remains the starter for the rest of the season, you have to say "Tyke1doe is my daddy!"

Deal? :)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Once you acknowledge Jerry will bring Romo back then when is the best time?

My argument is now while we have a 2 game cushion with lesser opponents coming up. Then if he struggles or gets hurt again there's still time to bring Dak back.

But if we wait until later in the season as Jerry has recently said then the risk are much higher .

Waiting for Dak to flounder is not fair to him . I'd rather put the pressure on Romo to perform now. And why I suspect Jerry is holding off to take the pressure off of Romo and try to bring him in with a more heros welcome if and when Dak struggles and we lose a game.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'll wager you.

If Dak is doing well but Jerry reinserts Romo by the end of the regular season, I'll change my signature to say "Diehardsblues is my daddy!" until the 2017 NFL Draft.

If Dak remains the starter for the rest of the season, you have to say "Tyke1doe is my daddy!"

My proposal is if Romo is reinserted for any reason besides injury you'll cease from posting for 30 days. I will do the same at the end of season if Romo never plays .

tyke1doe

Reaction score
My proposal is if Romo is reinserted for any reason besides injury you'll cease from posting for 30 days. I will do the same at the end of season if Romo never plays .

The moderators already said they don't like those kinds of bets. Let's just make it something fun. That way, we can acknowledge who was right and who was wrong and still enjoy the fellowship of this forum.

I'm through with trying to make forum enemies. We can have friendly wagers and be civil about it. I have my opinion, you have yours. As long as the Cowboys keep winning, I really don't care who is right in the end. So I want to keep this more friendly than acrimonious.

So my proposal stands.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'll wager you.

Ok. Apparently my original offer is frowned upon.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The moderators already said they don't like those kinds of bets. Let's just make it something fun. That way, we can acknowledge who was right and who was wrong and still enjoy the fellowship of this forum.

I'm through with trying to make forum enemies. We can have friendly wagers and be civil about it. I have my opinion, you have yours. As long as the Cowboys keep winning, I really don't care who is right in the end. So I want to keep this more friendly than acrimonious.

So my proposal stands.
I want to be clear . If Romo doesn't start a game the rest of the year except if Dak is hurt ., I lose.

I haven't been able to figure out how to post a signature so I might need assistance if I lose. Perhaps the mods will help.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I want to be clear . If Romo doesn't start a game the rest of the year except if Dak is hurt ., I lose.

I haven't been able to figure out how to post a signature so I might need assistance if I lose. Perhaps the mods will help.

It can be either you post a signature or change your avatar to a picture of Dak.
I'll either change my signature or/and put a picture of Romo in my avatar. Heck, I'll even use yours. :D

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's funny. I begun this year supporting Dak and got slammed . Now I'm supporting Romo return now instead of later and getting slammed.

My first avatar on this site was of Dak,

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Once you acknowledge Jerry will bring Romo back then when is the best time?

My argument is now while we have a 2 game cushion with lesser opponents coming up. Then if he struggles or gets hurt again there's still time to bring Dak back.

But if we wait until later in the season as Jerry has recently said then the risk are much higher .

Waiting for Dak to flounder is not fair to him . I'd rather put the pressure on Romo to perform now. And why I suspect Jerry is holding off to take the pressure off of Romo and try to bring him in with a more heros welcome if and when Dak struggles and we lose a game.

To answer your question, it dependents. I thought Cleveland would have been a good game for Romo, but he's not ready.
The only other time I could see is the Thanksgiving Day game against the Skins. But the Skins put Romo out of a game before. That, and we have Minnesota the game after.

I really don't know where would be good to re-insert him. But as I said in a previous post, if we wrap up home field advantage throughout the playoffs, that would be a good time to put Romo back into the starting line-up. But who knows when or if that will be the case?