Benched
Reaction score
theo, being too involved doesn't mean you always accomplish anything

man dude, pick up a dictionary

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
theogt;2397731 said:
No, not really. He likely has zero input on the game plan or practices.

:lmao2: Yeah, because he doesn't know what one is.

Give him some time and he'll think he has us all believeing that all you really need is talent, silly.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2397933 said:
theo, being too involved doesn't mean you always accomplish anything

man dude, pick up a dictionary
Having an impact doesn't mean accomplishing anything either.

I think that's what you've been misunderstanding -- the term "impact."

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I guess this question entails the implicit assumption that being too involved is causing a negative impact. If so, it requires answers to the question of how JJ specifically causing a negative impact by being too involved?

1) Is he undercutting the head coaches authority? If so, how is he doing so? Remember he is the GM.
2) Is his presence on the field cheering them on when they are down distracting their play?
3) Is his face lift which makes him look like Skeletor as some have claimed causing a distraction?

Feel free to add more questions and your answers.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2397969 said:
Having an impact doesn't mean accomplishing anything either.

I think that's what you've been misunderstanding -- the term "impact."

impacts lead to succeeding or failing

impacts don't lead to nothingness, unless you're shot in the heart

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2397973 said:
I guess this question entails the implicit assumption that being too involved is causing a negative impact. If so, it requires answers to the question of how is JJ specifically causing a negative impact by being too involved?

1) Is he undercutting the head coaches authority? If so, how is he doing so? Remember he is the GM.
2) Is his presence on the field cheering them on when they are down distracting their play?
3) Is his face lift which makes him look like Skeletor as some have claimed causing a distraction?

Feel free to add more questions and your answers.

it doesn't entail that assumption

the impact could be negative, positive, or none at all, I assume that it's none at all

the backseat driver is a pretty good analogy of the situation, Jerry is blabbering, but the team is still driving regardless

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2397979 said:
it doesn't entail that assumption

the impact could be negative, positive, or none at all, I assume that it's none at all

Of course it doesn't in some contexts, but not in this one. If JJ was too involved and it was causing no or positive impact, why would there be a thread concerning it?

Therefore, it is logical that this thread is implying that him being too involved is causing a negative one. Otherwise, it most likely would not exist and be several pages long.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2397980 said:
Very good.

ok

now

Jerry's involvement in the half-time routine has no effect on how we play in the 2nd half, and definitely no effect on whether we win or lose

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2397988 said:
Of course it doesn't in some contexts, but not in this one. If JJ was too involved and it was causing no or positive impact, why would there be a thread concerning it?

Therefore, it is logical that this thread is implying that him being too involved is causing a negative one. Otherwise, it most likely would not exit and be several pages long.

it's logical if that's what everyone thinks is happening by Jerry's "over-involvement", I put it in quotation marks because you and others don't feel that he's being too involved, I still do, but I don't think Jerry's involvement is causing a negatie impact, his impact on the games is pretty much nill, but he's still being too involved by taking over one of the head-coach's responsibilities

talking to his team during half-time

and giving out game-balls

him being on the sideline isn't too involved, he's just being a cheerleader, I dont' have any qualms about that

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2397765 said:
most owners sit in the press box, sipping a martini

Jerry is down in the half-time locker giving speeches, but I always thought the only people who do that were, you know...head coaches?

the one who actually impact how the team is going to play in the 2nd half

Well if you think about it football is a business now. Who better than to give a "Business Speech," a billionaire or a lowly coach?:D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2397991 said:
ok

now

Jerry's involvement in the half-time routine has no effect on how we play in the 2nd half, and definitely no effect on whether we win or lose
Great. Sounds like there's no problem.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
also think of this

Bum Phillips is a HOF coach and Wade's father

but Wade has said that his father doesn't tell him how to coach

what if his father did though? wouldn't you say he's being too involved in his son's life and position?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2398005 said:
also think of this

Bum Phillips is a HOF coach and Wade's father

but Wade has said that his father doesn't tell him how to coach

what if his father did though? wouldn't you say he's being too involved in his son's life and position?
I would only say he's being too involved if his involvement is so intrusive as to have a negative impact.

But as long as we can agree that it doesn't have a negative impact, great.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2397998 said:
it's logical if that's what everyone thinks is happening by Jerry's "over-involvement", I put it in quotation marks because you and others don't feel that he's being too involved, I still do, but I don't think Jerry's involvement is causing a negatie impact, his impact on the games is pretty much nill, but he's still being too involved by taking over one of the head-coach's responsibilities

talking to his team during half-time

and giving out game-balls

him being on the sideline isn't too involved, he's just being a cheerleader, I dont' have any qualms about that

When did Jerry Jones give a halftime pep talk?

Did I miss something or is this more BS from morons with an agenda?

To the best of my knowledge Jerry has on occasion given a POST GAME pep talk and given out a game ball or two.
In fact I remember him giving Wade the game ball for his first win as Cowboy coach.

Something else I like to address in this post. You sir (Bob Sacamano) should consider finding a new favorite professional football team.

I can't even conceive of being a Cowboy fan harboring the amount of hate you do for Jerry Jones.

He is the face of the franchise, he's more involved as the GM, then any other owner. You can't watch a single Cowboy game without seeing him multiple times.

How can you stand it?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2398198 said:

To the best of my knowledge Jerry has on occasion given a POST GAME pep talk and given out a game ball or two.
In fact I remember him giving Wade the game ball for his first win as Cowboy coach

OH YAY!!! Only compounds his ignorance in talent choice. In Jerry's little mind he gave the game ball to himself. Sorry you can't see that.

cowboyjoe;2395704 said:
Something else I like to address in this post. You sir (Bob Sacamano) should consider finding a new favorite professional football team.

Typical response. One must not question the "BOSS/GM" and his lack of ability yet he wears the title like a Barney Fife badge. One cannot question the direction of his/her favorite football team without suggestion of banishment by the sheep herder corps of America. Off to root for the Lions. Same color scheme and all............. :rolleyes:

cowboyjoe;2395704 said:
I can't even conceive of being a Cowboy fan harboring the amount of hate you do for Jerry Jones.

It's quickly becoming a club. It's called the "fan faithful GM/ owner hater club". What size shirt you wear? For later...........of course.

cowboyjoe;2395704 said:
He is the face of the franchise

His face is fake.................not unlike every other Jerry Jones's football related activity's.

cowboyjoe;2395704 said:
he's more involved as the GM, then any other owner.

There's good kids and then there's the "Baaaaddd Kids. Jeffery Dahmer started with cats. Jerry...........coaches.

cowboyjoe;2395704 said:
You can't watch a single Cowboy game without seeing him multiple times.

:ralph: OH GOD!!! :puke: STOP!! PLEASE!!!

cowboyjoe;2395704 said:
How can you stand it?

We can't. You seem to be missing that very obvious point.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2398198 said:

In fact I remember him giving Wade the game ball for his first win as Cowboy coach.

halftime speech came against the Rams

it's been posted so many times it should be common knowledge

sonnyboy said:

He is the face of the franchise, he's more involved as the GM, then any other owner. You can't watch a single Cowboy game without seeing him multiple times.

How can you stand it?

you obviously don't know my posting history, I'm usually one of the most optimistic posters out there, I'm fustrated and think the best thing for this organization would be for Jerry to chill out a little

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Is water wet? Why do people ask questions they already know the answer to?