Twitter: Jerry: "We are closer than those championship game zeroes show"

Brax

Reaction score
I totally disagree...on both games and how they were officiated. No accident. Time over time proves they were not accidents.
You just can’t keep blaming the refs it doesn’t hold water. Look deeper like poor coaching, poor play calling, over rated O’s and playing in a weak division that makes some over estimate how good the team is. Take the last PO loss not the officials, poor HC, poor OL coaching techniques, questionable play calling, terrible WR play especially Cee Dee, couple that with the worse 2:30 minutes of offense I have seen in a very long time.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You just can’t keep blaming the refs it doesn’t hold water. Look deeper like poor coaching, poor play calling, over rated O’s and playing in a weak division that makes some over estimate how good the team is. Take the last PO loss not the officials, poor HC, poor OL coaching techniques, questionable play calling, terrible WR play especially Cee Dee, couple that with the worse 2:30 minutes of offense I have seen in a very long time.
Sorry. Those 2 playoffs losses to the Packers in 2014 & 2016, under 2 separate Cowboys QBs, was clearly fixed in the Packers favor by the officials calls. Go rewatch them if you're in denial. Facts are the facts. Those 2 games were fixed to help the Packers.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Sorry. Those 2 playoffs losses to the Packers in 2014 & 2016, under 2 separate Cowboys QBs, was clearly fixed in the Packers favor by the officials calls. Go rewatch them if you're in denial. Facts are the facts. Those 2 games were fixed to help the Packers.

Right, because screwing the League's biggest cash cow in favor of its smallest market makes complete sense. :rolleyes:

After all, the Cowboys have been unstoppable for the last 25 years.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Right, because screwing the League's biggest cash cow in favor of its smallest market makes complete sense. :rolleyes:

After all, the Cowboys have been unstoppable for the last 25 years.
Yes, because the NFL knows Cowboys Nation is not going anywhere, win, lose or draw, so that fact totally destroys your excuse of a comment for the crooked officials and the NFL.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yes, because the NFL knows Cowboys Nation is not going anywhere, win, lose or draw, so that fact totally destroys your excuse of a comment for the crooked officials and the NFL.

Your unsubstantiated conspiracy theories only destroy one thing - your credibility.

We wuz robbed just looks like a grown man crying.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Your unsubstantiated conspiracy theories only destroy one thing - your credibility.

We wuz robbed just looks like a grown man crying.
Man up. Grow up. Accept reality and the facts. The film doesn't lie. It's ok to say the truth. Quit kissing up. It gets you know where. Get off them knee pads and lay off the chapstick.

lwehlers

Reaction score
this old man will not stop or he cannot help himself. need to make a conference title game first before we start saying that the cowboys and the jones family can think about superbowl. twenty seven years and counting.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Close??

In any given season since 1995, they have been at least THREE very difficult wins short of a championship.

They have a grand total of FOUR wins combined since then....and thats supposedly CLOSE?

Close to what?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
You really should just watch the press conference. It was a good one. That quote from Watkins was probably about one tenth of his answer.
Not trying to be smart Rambo
I just need someone to interpret what the zero comment means as I have no clue.
Thanks!

rambo2

Reaction score
Not trying to be smart Rambo
I just need someone to interpret what the zero comment means as I have no clue.
Thanks!
I know that you have no clue. Your best bet is to watch it yourself. 80 or 90 percent of the people commenting didn't watch it and have no clue themselves. Like I said that quote was about one tenth of his explanation. He is saying that they were very close in several of those past years and they were. He commented about a play here and there. He mentioned the Dez non catch call. I thought overall it was an excellent press conference and worth watching.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
What’s frustrating is that we actually WERE close last season.

And instead of trying to push in our chips for a title run by adding talent… we let talent a walk and didn’t sign any to replace them.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I know that you have no clue. Your best bet is to watch it yourself. 80 or 90 percent of the people commenting didn't watch it and have no clue themselves. Like I said that quote was about one tenth of his explanation. He is saying that they were very close in several of those past years and they were. He commented about a play here and there. He mentioned the Dez non catch call. I thought overall it was an excellent press conference and worth watching.
Thanks for the explanation.
That's all I was asking for.
I find having a nice attitude towards other posters
Makes a person's experience on the zone a more
Positive experience.

Adreme

Reaction score
I mean if you pay no attention to past success, pay no attention to the losses in FA, and simply assume the Cowboys have an elite rookie class that will all be competing for offensive/defensive player of the year then the Cowboys are very close.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Murrays fumble was not on the refs. A CRITICAL play and CRITCAL point swing and CRITICAL momentum change.

The cowboys were poised to put an early dagger in the heart. Even if Murray didn't score the TD...we were driving hard and either a TD or FG was inevitable. In fact..NOT scoring on that play might have been helpful. Instead...we scored ZERO....Packers scored, then opened the 2nd half with a score. Like a 17 point swing.

Murray was careless with the rock and we paid the price. So I don't want to hear this ref BS.

I do get GODell spear-headed a Cowboy hate program from the top down due to his feud with Jerry. But 2014 was on us. Man up and stop making excuses.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Murrays fumble was not on the refs. A CRITICAL play and CRITCAL point swing and CRITICAL momentum change.

The cowboys were poised to put an early dagger in the heart. Even if Murray didn't score the TD...we were driving hard and either a TD or FG was inevitable. In fact..NOT scoring on that play might have been helpful. Instead...we scored ZERO....Packers scored, then opened the 2nd half with a score. Like a 17 point swing.

Murray was careless with the rock and we paid the price. So I don't want to hear this ref BS.

I do get GODell spear-headed a Cowboy hate program from the top down due to his feud with Jerry. But 2014 was on us. Man up and stop making excuses.
The NFL admitted a year later the no-catch call against Dez at the 1 yard line was the wrong call. That cost us the game. Everyone watching that game knew Dez had caught it, so man up and stop making excuses for them crooked refs. Cowboys were robbed of victory in the 2014 & 2016 playoff games against the Packers.