Twitter: Jerry: We have a QB we can build with for years to come

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Jerry is the main thing ruining this team. I don't think we'll ever be good again with that family running things. Making it easier to stop watching football.

khiladi

Reaction score
Our only chance is...…..dare I say El Cheapo himself, Stephen. :cool:

He’s probably the one leading Jerry down this path. The old Jerry brought in TO and Greg Hardy... he’s main problem back then was not canning his adopted son. Now he’s become cheap along with not canning his adopted son.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Jerry pulling another Cleveland Brown move, trying to outsmart everyone and until he figures it out, the same story.

Or

He is just playing the game... jersey sales this year, new QBs next year and... jersey sales next year

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
same guy who was trying to fight everybody to trade the farm for paxton lynch....:rolleyes:

Exactly.

And now, despite what our current backup situation looks like, neither of those two "QB's of the future" even get a workout here.

Is that an admission that our draft evaluation of quarterbacks is so piss poor that just two years later we want nothing to do with "our guys"?

And now, even 'Option C' is struggling to do much of anything.

The terrifying possibility that we have nothing at quarterback, combined with this evidence that we have no clue how to get one, is pretty scary.

khiladi

Reaction score
I’d start Mike White right now.. basically equivalent numbers as Dak in college, but his mechanics based on what little I say are light years better and he can throw a deep intermediate to long ball. He’s looking downfield all the time..

Basically they are running the same offense with Dak now that White ran.. isn’t a big learning curve.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Jerry had already made up his mind that Dak was the future, that he was a brilliant pick and there'd be no drop off after Tony, and now he can't accept he was wrong.

He's going to cling to that old scouting saying that if a player has done it once, he can do it again. Makes him feel like a real football man.

Brax

Reaction score
I'm not going to tiptoe around this, Dez Bryant is not the player that he was at 25 years old but he is still a good football player. With a qb like Romo, Big Ben or Rivers Dez would be a 80 catch 1200 yard 8 td wr. People said that his numbers the last 3 years proves that he fell off but I say that it proves that he didn't have a top passer throwing him the ball. Moore, Cassell, Weeden and Dak, which one is fit to be a starting qb in the NFL? None, but it just so happens that these are the guys that Dez's number are suppose to equal when Romo (Cowboys all time passing leader) was throwing him the ball.

I wouldn't have paid Dez 12 million in 2018 because I wouldn't pay Hopkins, Evans, Brown or Julio that amount either with Dak qbing he's just not that good so it is a waste of resources.

Dez can still play but with his actions after his release, the timing of his release and the Cowboys saying disparaging things about him after his release he is without a job.
seeJJ doesn't think it Dak's or Jason's fault, darn those WR's who Jerry just said a few weeks ago how he really liked them. Didn't need a true No 1 a few weeks ago now crying about not having one. I wish JJ would just keep his stupid mouth closed.

Pants

Reaction score
22 years. Still blaming the coaches.

the coaches can change, the ownership will 100% not change...I am done blaming the ownership since that is like slamming my own head against a brick wall to see if I can break down the wall - 12 consecutive 0-16 seasons would still show the Jones' as the owners as long as they are making money....thus, I go after what I can the slightest modicum of hope for in the future...

Brax

Reaction score
Its only 5 games into the season and Jerry is already having to throw you a hook for next year. "We'll get a #1 receiver and everything is gonna be alright." Last time he needed a #1 receiver he gave up two #1 picks.
Kinda sad isn't it when the village idiot runs your team. maybe a first and a 3rd and big contract extension like RW.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
If Jerry really believed this, he wouldn’t have agreed with the Kellen Moore signing lol!

That Jerry Poker face