Twitter: Jerry: We have a QB we can build with for years to come

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Oh make no mistake..If I had my way we would get a new OC/HC and QB.

Start that offense fresh. I would not mind giving Kris a chance at HC but that is really taking a chance as I don't think he would stay on as a DC if we hired another HC.

However we need a fresh new coaches on offense for the most part. An innovative or at least modern scheme that the players can learn and thrive in. That does not have the other teams and every fan knowing the majority of the plays.
Don't you think Kris made a lateral move to be a position coach here because he was promised the DC job? I think he's expecting to be DC next year, not HC, but I could be wrong. Jerry wouldn't have promised him the HC job next year, but he probably did promise the DC job because he knows that Marinelli will retire after this season, hence why Kris is pretty much the DC already.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
What's he going to say? I made a mistake? No, Jerry doesn't make mistakes until he has at least tried to fix it. Then you'll hear about mistakes.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First of all, why does anyone here put any credence into anything he says? Do you see other owners or GM's talking about their players 5 games into the season?

This has yet to play out, Booger's just running his mouth because that's what he does. He loves to talk and wants people talking about what he's said.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't you think Kris made a lateral move to be a position coach here because he was promised the DC job? I think he's expecting to be DC next year, not HC, but I could be wrong. Jerry wouldn't have promised him the HC job next year, but he probably did promise the DC job because he knows that Marinelli will retire after this season, hence why Kris is pretty much the DC already.

Yes imagine he was promised the DC and that is in a world where it was assumed that Garrett would still be the HC.

HOWEVER...I am going by the scenario if Garrett and Linehan are fired.

khiladi

Reaction score

He was fired from Seattle.

khiladi

Reaction score
right.

is Kris Richard the savior now? His unit has 1 int through basically 1/3 of the season.

This is the problem with narratives. Marinelli lets him call plays at times, so people ran with that. But Marinelli did the same thing with Eberflus last year.

But Kris has improved the secondary, minus the TO parts. And the DL play is much more aggressive and better.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It would not be surprising if there are those who sometimes read my I Believe Jerry Jones Thinks posts and wonder why I make a point of doing so. For instance, forum sentiment has been rising that Jones will discard Prescott as early as 2019 and draft his replacement--while I have said 29 years of observing Jones suggest to me Prescott became Jones' franchise quarterback midseason 2016 and he will remain as such through the end of 2020 without high draft round competition at the very least. This tweet does not change my hypothesis of Jones' methodology one iota.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So we draft a wr and spend some cash on another. We change the OC and go with Dak into 2019. We give Dak a new contract. We go 8-8 that season. Rinse and repeat.
Dallas continues to throw 200 yards in a 350 yards NFL.
JJ tells us our offence is as good as whoever is the No1 next season.
We draft another TE and WR in 2020. Change the OC. We go 8-8 that season .Rinse and repeat
Dak throws 200 yards in a 400 yards NFL.
JJ tells us the offence is as good as whoever is No1 that season.
Deja Vu baby!
I swear i'm getting too old for any more of this s***.

Meanwhile, Coach Clappy will have just finished his 15 season as head coach and still has just 1 playoff win:facepalm:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
As I have said in the another thread.

If this team is going to keep Dak as it's QB.
They need to get rid of Linehan and Garrett this season or off season. Those two and Dak are not the right fit.

You need to get a OC who is going to basically set up an offense that is for a bus driver QB that throws check down throws and who can run the ball.
You better get WRs who are WRs that can get plenty of YAC because they will rarely get deep throws.
And you better get a copy cat of a back up QB so when the starter runs on a regular basis we have a back up ready to do the same if the starter gets hurt or needs a rest.

If you are going to keep Linehan and or Garrett...find a different QB.

I have also stated in the other thread that I can only hope that Stephen sees the problem and will talk Daddy Johnny Walker into changing his stance like he did with TO and Dez.

Actually one of the beauties of moving on to another QB (if it comes from the draft)...is that you move on from the potential of paying HUGE money to Dak in the next year or so. Money that can be spent paying Tank to stay and maybe getting a quality S, WR and TE while having a young QB from the draft.

Brainpaint knocking it out of the park today...…………….excellent post;)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If we’re going to stick with Dak I’m fine with firing Garrett. He’s not going to have much success with Dak anyway.

Maybe bring in a college coach who can implement run and shoot or something.

My support of Garrett was always in hope he’d finally be in position to draft the next great HOF championship caliber QB.

So after 8 years of sucking, we have come to the conclusion that Clappy needs a first ballot HOF QB to even make the playoffs?

Seriously?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So after 8 years of sucking, we have come to the conclusion that Clappy needs a first ballot HOF QB to even make the playoffs?

Seriously?
IDK about 1st ballot but defintely in the ballpark. Basically what Jimmy and Tom had.

I’ve never though we had the organization which could overcome much less , especially this era.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I am pretty sure my fandom in the Cowboys might be forever shaken if they hand Prescott a big contract while he continues to play like this.

If they hand Check Down Charlie a $100 million dollar contract...…………..WOW...……….I might find something else to do on Sundays.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
What if...

Stephen said no more RPOs for Dak, makes you wonder why if it is a strength?

I guess to avoid injury?

What if Dak got injured and Rush or White tear it up? Maybe that would make the Jones boys look pretty stupid.

Hmmmm.