Twitter: Jerry: We have a QB we can build with for years to come

ClintDagger

Reaction score
What's he going to say? I made a mistake? No, Jerry doesn't make mistakes until he has at least tried to fix it. Then you'll hear about mistakes.
Even if he has given up on Dak as the long term solution he would never admit it until the opportunity to bring another QB in presented itself either via FA or the draft. As bad as Dak is, he’s still the best we have. If this ends up being a 4 or 5 win season as many seem to be predicting and we don’t do something in the offseason at QB then I’ll believe it. But anything JJ says from now until they are out of playoff contention is meaningless.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So after 8 years of sucking, we have come to the conclusion that Clappy needs a first ballot HOF QB to even make the playoffs?

Seriously?
And I know I’ve only been on this site a couple years but in all my years before in DC.com I never thought Romo was enough considering our dysfunctional situation. That didn’t mean he wasn’t a good QB. I didn’t just come to this conclusion as your post suggested.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I am pretty sure my fandom in the Cowboys might be forever shaken if they hand Prescott a big contract while he continues to play like this.
If they hand him a big contract I’m bandwagoning the Rams until Jerry is gone. They keep drafting everyone I want anyways so I’ve kind of silently rooted for them for a few years now.

I never thought it could get to this point with the franchise, but it’s ran so piss poorly and wasted so much real talent over the last decade that I’m losing hope and worse losing interest. I haven’t been bothered by a loss in quite some time and even missed multiple games for the first time in my adult life last season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If they hand Check Down Charlie a $100 million dollar contract...…………..WOW...……….I might find something else to do on Sundays.
More than likely as I suggested in off season they’ll offer Dak something similar to Bortyles. 3 years 50 million. At least we won’t be tied up for another era.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I will admit Dak is bad the SECOND that they give him a legit coaching staff and he fails...there are zero young QB's that would do well with these coaches - it would take a vet QB (ex: Romo) to call his own plays at the line to supercede these buffoons
:hammer:

keysersoze

Reaction score
lol there it is. Jerry is telling you Dak is his guy. Jerrys telling you Love it or leave it...31 other teams to root for, dont let the door hit you when ur leaving.
Yep. We had to deal with the agony of the Romo
Era without as much as a divisional playoff win. Now all of a sudden fans are impatient???

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they hand Check Down Charlie a $100 million dollar contract...…………..WOW...……….I might find something else to do on Sundays.
  • The economics of retaining personnel according to the value placed on them by front offices
  • How Jerry Jones thinks
It may be REALLY prudent considering other Sunday entertainment options now. Just saying.

Reaction score
Seriously? We the fans have helped him build a nearly 5 billion dollar empire and this is what we have bought? Bull honky! If this continues, I will not purchase another Cowboys item, whether its tickets to games, jerseys, etc... The worst part of this is, if we get a rookie QB high in the draft next year, it could traditionally set us back another 2 years. I need a hug.

:(

keysersoze

Reaction score
Seriously? We the fans have helped him build a nearly 5 billion dollar empire and this is what we have bought? Bull honky! If this continues, I will not purchase another Cowboys item, whether its tickets to games, jerseys, etc... The worst part of this is, if we get a rookie QB high in the draft next year, it could traditionally set us back another 2 years. I need a hug.

:(
Sounds like you need to call The suicide hotline

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Jerry know he needs Dak for at least one more year. He's looking at what is happening at KC and what one year of sitting a rookie qb can do.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Jerry is going to win with Garrett and Dak or drop dead waiting for it to happen. All that's left is to decide how long you want to keep going along for the ride.

Personally, my days are getting numbered. I'm sick to death of Jerry Jones, and I don't care how much money he makes or the Cowboys Forbes value. He's turned a proud franchise into an internet meme and shows no signs of doing anything to change it. I'm already watching games mostly for the lolz now, something unimaginable back when Landry roamed the sidelines.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I will admit Dak is bad the SECOND that they give him a legit coaching staff and he fails...there are zero young QB's that would do well with these coaches - it would take a vet QB (ex: Romo) to call his own plays at the line to supercede these buffoons

What about the previous buffoons hired by Jerry? Even if it's the coach's fault, he's the clown who keeps hiring them.

But don't worry, NEXT time Jerry will get it right. :rolleyes: