Jerry's drunken interview

theogt;3347485 said:
I would say the 2006 collapse that started with the New Orleans game was just as bad or worse. I've never seen a Cowboys defense play that poorly -- and it's the entire reason we brought in Wade Phillips ("Mr. Fix-It").

That was epic. That exposed a series of flaws in our defense that not only we had no contingency for, but that Parcells couldn't adapt to.

And before anyone rips out the old, "who was our defensive coordinator", let's remember who was on the opposite sideline. Parcells, "you have to rein them in." I have a notion that Payton wouldn't have stayed like we got Garrett to stay for any amount of cash. He and Parcells just didn't get along all that well I felt. No basis for this, just a feeling.
 
Surely I'm not the only one who finds it refreshing that a billionaire gives little enough of a crap to get drunk in public and act like a moron? Normally they're way too busy playing the CYA game to even try and interact with the public at large.
 
Hoofbite;3347457 said:
That thread is ****ING AWESOME!


theo must have been drinking that day. I've never seen him so uncontrollably emotional.
If we hadn't hit the jackpot with Miles Austin, my fears would have been realized.

Luckily we hit the motherload. Seriously, look at what the team was doing before and after his emergence. We were on the borderline of just losing it. We had lost to Denver and beat Kansas City almost solely due to Romo and Austin. Without Austin, we lose that game and the rest of the season is probably a clunker.

Maybe it wasn't dumb luck. Once I saw Austin in training camp that year, my fears pretty much subsided (you can look back at my training camp report, where I mentioned this). So, perhaps they knew that all along. But I sure as hell didn't at the time, so I was pissed. Royally pissed.
 
theogt;3347835 said:
If we hadn't hit the jackpot with Miles Austin, my fears would have been realized.

Luckily we hit the motherload. Seriously, look at what the team was doing before and after his emergence. We were on the borderline of just losing it. We had lost to Denver and beat Kansas City almost solely due to Romo and Austin. Without Austin, we lose that game and the rest of the season is probably a clunker.

We had the worst dink and dunk offense before Austin emerged.
 
Jon88;3347846 said:
This is the longest offseason ever.

Good thing the draft is next week.

yep definitely longest offseason ever for me, I usually have baseball to look forward to but my Astros are finally in full force rebuilding mode,& being so close to playing in the SB & looking like a championship caliber team right at the end of the year makes this wait even more impatient.
 
Bob Sacamano;3347844 said:
theOWNED!

again lolololololololololololololol

advanced search is just not your friend, dude.
Because I was against cutting one of the best receivers in the history of the game?

Yeah, sure.

Tell us what a zone blitz is again, Mr. Football Expert.
 
theogt;3347850 said:
Because I was against cutting one of the best receivers in the history of the game?

Yeah, sure.

Tell us what a zone blitz is again, Mr. Football Expert.

It has nothing to do with zone coverage.:laugh2:

BTW, tell Ken Hamlin I said hi.
 
Bob Sacamano;3347852 said:
It has nothing to do with zone coverage.:laugh2:

BTW, tell Ken Hamlin I said hi.
Sure thing. So when is the team going to implement your plan to replace Spencer at OLB?

Still want to make fun of me for raving about Doug Free?

None of us are experts, and even the experts get **** wrong. This ain't an exact science.
 
theogt;3347856 said:
Sure thing. So when is the team going to implement your plan to replace Spencer at OLB?

I never said replace him, I said give his 3rd down snaps to Butler.

theogt said:
Still want to make fun of me for raving about Doug Free?

When did I ever do that?
 
Bob Sacamano;3347857 said:
I never said replace him, I said give his 3rd down snaps to Butler.
Oh, thanks, I had forgotten your genius plan to replace him with Butler after that one hit wonder of a game.

Talk about overreaction.

When did I ever do that?
That one time in band camp.
 
theogt;3347861 said:
Oh, thanks, I had forgotten your genius plan to replace him with Butler after that one hit wonder of a game.

Talk about overreaction.

It was actually 2 games. Carolina and that huge 3rd down sack on a scrambling McNabb.

Bottomline: Spencer wasn't getting it done and Butler showed a propensity to get the QB down. Thank goodness Spencer stepped it up because Ware, Spencer, Butler and hopefully Brandon Williams would be bangarang.
 
Bob Sacamano;3347863 said:
It was actually 2 games. Carolina and that huge 3rd down sack on a scrambling McNabb.
Forgive me for unfairly representing your kneejerk reaction.
 
This site has an excellent search feature. Consequently, I can't tell you what a relief it is that I wasn't posting here prior to 2007.

I was certain Pete Hunter would be a solid starter in Bill's cover 2 scheme, similar to Larry Brown, and I had no doubt the Cowboys would sign Ed Hartwell as part of their 3-4 transition.

Those predictions were actually two of my better ones, believe it or not.:D
 
ScipioCowboy;3347865 said:
This site has an excellent search feature. Consequently, I can't tell you what a relief it is that I wasn't posting here prior to 2007.

I was certain Pete Hunter would be a solid starter in Bill's cover 2 scheme, similar to Larry Brown, and I had no doubt the Cowboys would sign Ed Hartwell as part of their 3-4 transition.

Those predictions were actually two of my better ones, believe it or not.:D
Yeah, I'm glad I wasn't here for the pre-Bledsoe QB debates.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,017
Messages
14,657,301
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top