Jerry's drunken interview

Chief;3347474 said:
Did you say Quincy?

cowquincy.jpg


This image belongs in every prominent thread.

Just for some balance....



























hutch.jpg
 
wileedog;3347475 said:
It goes on well before Parcells too.



See putting words in people's mouths doesn't help anything. The only way Carpenter could have been more of a Parcell's pick is if he was an Italian from Jersey. No questions he owns that, and many other mistakes. I've said before it was probably a good thing he moved on when he did, and that he didn't have it in him as a coach anymore and it showed.

But conversely the Jerry-ites want to pretend that Jerry didn't punt a twice winning SB coach out of pure ego, and that he didn't take an NFL dynasty team and over the course of a decade proceed to grind them down into the Detroit Lions. A run that would have gotten *any other GM in the league fired twice over*. But Jerry can't fire the GM.

That doesn't go away because we won a wild card game last year.

Let me repeat again. Jerry seems to be on the right track now post-Bill, albeit with big hiccups in 2008 and with the Roy trade. But its going to take a lot more to make up for a decade of futility than what he has done to date before some are ready to sing his praises.


I'm not arguing with your post, per se, but I think you over-estimate Jerry's role in the split. Jimmy pretty much burned himself out, the split was mutual.

Now, I don't think Jerry tried hard enough to convince him to stay. Jerry should have offered him the world. He didn't . . . and he deserves a ton of fault for that. But still . . . it isn't like Jimmy wanted to stay.
 
Chocolate Lab;3347493 said:
Just for some balance....



























hutch.jpg


He came into Best Buy one time when I was working there. He looked more like a basketball player. Really tall and lanky.
 
HoleInTheRoof;3347496 said:
I'm not arguing with your post, per se, but I think you over-estimate Jerry's role in the split. Jimmy pretty much burned himself out, and even told Larry Lacewell to handle that 1993 draft by himself.

I think it was inevitable that Jerry and Jimmy parted ways. I heard Jerry used to get on his last nerves.

I just wish they had waited a year because we would have won 4 Super Bowls in a row.
 
Jon88;3347500 said:
I think it was inevitable that Jerry and Jimmy parted was. I heard Jerry used to get on his last nerves.

Skip Bayless is essentially a hack now . . . but I think both his books on the early 1990's Cowboys are pretty insightful.

And yes . . . those two really grew to hate each other.
 
wileedog;3347475 said:
It goes on well before Parcells too.



See putting words in people's mouths doesn't help anything. The only way Carpenter could have been more of a Parcell's pick is if he was an Italian from Jersey. No questions he owns that, and many other mistakes. I've said before it was probably a good thing he moved on when he did, and that he didn't have it in him as a coach anymore and it showed.

But conversely the Jerry-ites want to pretend that Jerry didn't punt a twice winning SB coach out of pure ego, and that he didn't take an NFL dynasty team and over the course of a decade proceed to grind them down into the Detroit Lions. A run that would have gotten *any other GM in the league fired twice over*. But Jerry can't fire the GM.

That doesn't go away because we won a wild card game last year.

Let me repeat again. Jerry seems to be on the right track now post-Bill, albeit with big hiccups in 2008 and with the Roy trade. But its going to take a lot more to make up for a decade of futility than what he has done to date before some are ready to sing his praises.

I saw the Jimmy and Jerry situation as both men at fault not one more than the other. As great as Jimmy was, as GM\HC things did not get better in Miami. Jerry no doubt was wrong when he claimed 500 other coaches could do the job. I do agree many other GM's would have been fired and that is not going to happen with Jerry what I hope for and what I do see is a better job coming from Jerry. I do give BP credit for his influence on the team and on Jerry but just as Jerry will take a chance so will BP as they have with Brandon Marshal very good player but he has some issues that could come back on the Dolphins.
 
HoleInTheRoof;3347501 said:
Skip Bayless is essentially a hack now . . . but I think both his books on the early 1990's Cowboys are pretty insightful.

And yes . . . those two really grew to hate each other.

I might have to read those.
 
Everyone has been duped. This video was put out so no other teams would think the Cowboys were interested in Tebow.

Tim Terriffic will be the pick at #27!
 
dcfanatic;3347523 said:
Everyone has been duped. This video was put out so no other teams would think the Cowboys were interested in Tebow.

Tim Terriffic will be the pick at #27!

Whyyyyy?

We can't get him out there!
 
dcfanatic;3347523 said:
Everyone has been duped. This video was put out so no other teams would think the Cowboys were interested in Tebow.

Tim Terriffic will be the pick at #27!

I may take up drinking again if that happens. :laugh2:
 
dcfanatic;3347523 said:
Everyone has been duped. This video was put out so no other teams would think the Cowboys were interested in Tebow.

Tim Terriffic will be the pick at #27!
I have a Hispanic friend who has a deep accent. He likes Tebow but when he says his name it sounds like Team Tebow instead of Tim Tebow. Whoever drafts him will be Team Tebow.
 
masomenos85;3347598 said:
60 pages!? This is epic!

What's the record for a thread in the FanZone?
Game threads easily. Each half usually hits 50 pages and some have hit about 80.

Owens waiver was up there.

QCs too.
 
masomenos85;3347598 said:
60 pages!? This is epic!

What's the record for a thread in the FanZone?

23 Pages at 40 posts per.

Figure it out son.
 
Chocolate Lab;3347493 said:
Just for some balance....



























hutch.jpg
Doesn't Chad look a little bit like a young and thin Parcells with that grin on his face :laugh2:
 
DWhite Fan;3347612 said:
Doesn't Chad look a little bit like a young and thin Parcells with that grin on his face :laugh2:
Never saw it till you mentioned it, but ya, he does. :laugh1:
 
DWhite Fan;3347612 said:
Doesn't Chad look a little bit like a young and thin Parcells with that grin on his face :laugh2:
:

lmao2: :lmao2: A LOT,Good One.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,017
Messages
14,657,301
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top