Jerry's message to the fans: Look for the positives

MS17

Reaction score
What positives? This off season was Jerry's worst ever as GM. We are seeing the results impact the team on the field early in the season.
True.
Jerruh, you take some NFL General Management courses at Wharton/ U. of Penn., and I'll consider looking for "the Positives". How bout that?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So....Aubrey?
1898021971.jpg

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
at least he admits getting to the play offs is his definition of a crescendo. How about the Super Bowl being our crescendo, turd breath? Not that either one is likely this year it appears.

Rajveer

Reaction score
The only promises that you can expect from this GM are promises that are meant to be broken.

bigE79

Reaction score
Jerry is trying to stay relevant without flat out saying "we're quietly rebuilding", but that's what the actions indicate.

Adjust your expectations accordingly fans. Those hanging on to hope that something miraculous will happen this season are going to have a bad time.

So yeah... Don't let the negatives beat you up. Enjoy the positives where you can.
" Positives"That Cleveland game will be the highlight of our season...lol

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Jerry Jones “process” as a GM:
  1. Never EVER stop the sales pitch. Always sell, market, sell, market, etc.
  2. Build up fan expectations regardless of any likelihood of it happening.
  3. Hire a head coach who will allow you to speak at any time on any subject you choose, allow you to influence the locker room, allow you to select assistant coaches, and any do anything else you want at any time.
  4. Remind fans that your franchise is #1 in revenue and value.
  5. Spend lots of time (during football season) lining up boxing matches, concerts and tractor pulls for your beloved ”stayjum”.
  6. When on field failures occur deflect and imply blame onto your puppet head coach, assistants and the players. They are all disposable.
  7. Send your lazy, entitled son out regularly on the radio and other public formats to remind fans we can never afford any players because of the salary cap.
  8. In fact, when in doubt about making personnel moves or signing your own players ALWAYS blame the cap.
  9. If fan unrest occurs because of losing, make some kind of bold move (whether advisable or not) to make it appear you’re taking action.
  10. After a really bad loss throw in some meaningless phrases to appear you are about to make changes: “I’m ALL IN”, “I get it big time”, “I’m going to make some people uncomfortable”, etc.
  11. Then change nothing.
  12. Agree to any and all media interviews; especially Stephen A Smith.
  13. Fire everyone but yourself and the kiddos then….
  14. See step 1.