Jimmy's influence

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Johnson is an idiot with zero comprehension of today’s NFL. He’s an idiot dumb enough to be duped by Jerry Jones. 90% of posters on CZ know better than that. He needs to disappear.
bk6HtzG.gif

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Believe me i would like to think Jimmy is giving advice to these two nincompoops...but i seriously doubt they are following his advice as part of the "advisory board". They really don't know what to do right now...don't want to give big contracts since the coaches themselves are all lame ducks. One thing for sure, their confidence in Dak is wavering and hesitant to pull the trigger on an extension. As for the others, none deserve to stay.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
“Jimmy” is as useful as breasts on a fish. My god, have we reduced ourselves to this idiot?
If you think Jimmy's an idiot, maybe it's the accuser that isn't as smart as he thinks. Jerry isn't above taking advice from anyone in the know. He has certainly done that before with a good measure of success. There might well be nothing to prove he has now, but nothing to prove he hasn't, either.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
60M is a lot against the cap...even with cap increasing yearly in most cases.

Dak does not appear to be some scrub to casuals or professionals as he puts up great numbers/low turnovers, and also seems to have leader qualities in the locker room.

I would love to hear what coaches and Will McClay think of Dak's game. Are there strong murmurings within the inner circle that Dak has major flaws or no?

Regardless...60M is a lot...but Dak doesnt seem like the kind of player Jerry lets go.

Almost seems as if there is a new, outside influence on the FO.

Jimmy was fired up at half time of the Playoff game...just livid...like he had skins in the game.

If you let Dak and CeeDee go, get a 10M QB...that frees up 70M to fill holes. Add in how McClay has been drafting well...maybe they do reset and go a new direction.

You either think you can put a team around Dak at 50-60M or you dont. And the direction depends on this opinion.
Sometimes. Did you forget the 15 picks in 22?

kskboys

Reaction score
If you think Jimmy's an idiot, maybe it's the accuser that isn't as smart as he thinks. Jerry isn't above taking advice from anyone in the know. He has certainly done that before with a good measure of success. There might well be nothing to prove he has now, but nothing to prove he hasn't, either.
Too bad he was listening to the wrong people when Kelvin and Jaylon and Trysten were drafted.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
You realize the Cowboys have the least amount of cap space in the NFL, right?

You realize 5 players are taking up half the teams cap for 2024, right?

This is the only explanation necessary.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Meh wake me up when one of the "stars" gets held accountable. Dak, CD, Martin, D Flaw, Parsons, Diggs. These are the guys who are suppose to be the core of the team. Massive no shows in Green Bay each and every one of them. Now we are going to cast aside any productive role player to give them as much money as we possible can. The team is rotten and it starts with the core.

At least we purged Tyron. That was a good start but not even close to enough.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You realize the Cowboys have the least amount of cap space in the NFL, right?

You realize 5 players are taking up half the teams cap for 2024, right?

This is the only explanation necessary.
But just look at that list of star names. LOL. It is pretty shameful really. All we care about is having someone that we can make the highest paid player at their position and pretend he is the best. The only one that you can even make a case for that is an actual top 5 player at their position is CD.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Tyron Smith
Tyler Biadasz
Dorance Armstrong
Donte Fowler
Neville Gallimore
Johnathan Hankins
Noah Igbinoghene
Tony Pollard
Soon to be Gallup
If I forgot anyone my apologies, please feel free to add

Looks like Jimmys advice is lighting some fire for once in a very long time and getting rid of some scraps.
Nope. Jimmy Johnson kept the following players from Tom Landry; Michael Irvin, Ken Norton Jr., Kelvin Martin, Danny Noonan, Chad Hennings, Jim Jeffcoat, Mike Saxon, and almost the whole OL in Newton, Tuinei, and Gogan. So Jimmy was cleaning out bad players in 1989 not starters and depth.

Jerry Jones is not going to do anything Jimmy suggest. As shown with Jason Garrett spending time with Jimmy and Troy on the boat before becoming the full time HC. He got back and was just another puppet Head Coach.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Too bad he was listening to the wrong people when Kelvin and Jaylon and Trysten were drafted.
It's a shame that he doesn't listen to the right people if that's the problem.

I'm wondering if he goes back to his scouts or Will McClay like he should.

If he does and it doesn't work out reliably, he should fire or replace them.

Normally, past drafts have worked out well but maybe some scouts suck.

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
I think you are on to something. This is more of a tear down than a, build on what we had situation and I’m liking it!
Building on what a team already has is for teams like the Lions, Ravens, Packers etc.

To TRULY compete for a Lombardi, I'd go so far as to say that half the defense and half the offense needs to he upgraded.....they don't have to be All Pros, but they have to be above average at minimum.

Some of out starters wouldnt even be backups on the elite teams

jgboys1

Reaction score
Building on what a team already has is for teams like the Lions, Ravens, Packers etc.

To TRULY compete for a Lombardi, I'd go so far as to say that half the defense and half the offense needs to he upgraded.....they don't have to be All Pros, but they have to be above average at minimum.

Some of out starters wouldnt even be backups on the elite teams
We need a lot of work. This might be an another 30 year project for the Jones family to work on!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If Jimmy was running this....He's trading Parsons for a QB. THAT is your 2 steps forward...1 step back on defense.

shabazz

Reaction score
We need a lot of work. This might be an another 30 year project for the Jones family to work on!
The shame of it is that a crack GM hired from the outside could turn this thing around.

Put Les Snead (Rams GM) in control of personnel here, and he'd get real results....his reboots take 2 -3 years max.

jgboys1

Reaction score
The shame of it is that a crack GM hired from the outside could turn this thing around.

Put Les Snead (Rams GM) in control of personnel here, and he'd get real results....his reboots take 2 -3 years max.
Jerry likes the slow and methodical approach to building a team!
He doesn’t like rushing things. We have 2 years left on his 30 year plan to build another dynasty in Dallas!